Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reliable Source Says Tee Wants To Stay Here, Likely Tagged
(01-17-2024, 07:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pretty sure we heard the same with AJ Green when he ended up getting tagged.
What did we see that year?
A WR was still taken super early (Higgins) and played a good amount while AJ Green cost the team $18.1 mill for a 1-year rental.

Personally, unless there can be a guarantee Higgins is signed to a long-term contract, I don't want to see $20+ mill going toward a 1-year rental, especially if a draft pick is invested in Rds 1-2 as well.

Either sign him to a new deal or let him walk and get a new guy in the draft or outside FA to replace.

I would try to make some sort of Targeted Move with Tee if letting him leave.

For example:  Say the Giants at pick #6 or the Falcons at pick #8 would have interest in TEE.

Give TEE and the Bengals pick #18 to get up to pick #6 or #8 for example.
                                                      (or #4 with Arizona for a shot at Marvin Harrison JR - Bengals may have to add picks)

The Team getting Tee could work with TEE and his Agent for comfort relating to Longer Term Contract Terms that seem reasonable to all.

*This could put the Bengals in play for one of the TOP rookie Offensive Tackles -or- DT -or WR -or- Corner -or  Brock Bowers

* A Targeted Move could allow the Bengals to GO UP and get the Cream of the Crop at a certain position.

** Probably best to trade him to an NFC Team
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 07:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Disagree.

At his peak Chad was the best WR in the NFL over a 3 year span. Chase is great, but he's never been the best in the NFL even one year (there's still time for him to do so).

Housh was putting up the same type of numbers as Tee  despite being in a less passing-friendly time (2005 there were only 2 QBs with 4,000+ yards and 0 with 4,200+ yards) and also in a time when you would absolutely get murdered going across the middle by Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Troy Polamalu, and James Harrison and there wasn't a flag you'd just get put on an ESPN highlight reel of getting Jacked Up. Tee would fall apart if he had to play in the '00s AFCN... unless you mean the very start of Housh's career, in which case sure, the 33rd pick started better than the 7th round 204th pick. Lol

I think we can also all agree that Burrow is better than Palmer, too.

Straight from the horses mouth. I got to ride the escalator up with TJ during one of the games when he was ruler of the jungle. I think it was the Hubbard yard dash playoff game. And while I’m sure it was mostly him being humble. When I asked he said something like the new kids were better than they ever were.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 08:39 PM)depthchart Wrote: I would try to make some sort of Targeted Move with Tee if letting him leave.

For example:  Say the Giants at pick #6 or the Falcons at pick #8 would have interest in TEE.

Give TEE and the Bengals pick #18 to get up to pick #6 or #8 for example.
                                                      (or #4 with Arizona for a shot at Marvin Harrison JR - Bengals may have to add picks)

The Team getting Tee could work with TEE and his Agent for comfort relating to Longer Term Contract Terms that seem reasonable to all.

*This could put the Bengals in play for one of the TOP rookie Offensive Tackles -or- DT -or WR -or- Corner -or  Brock Bowers

* A Targeted Move could allow the Bengals to GO UP and get the Cream of the Crop at a certain position.

** Probably best to trade him to an NFC Team

Except every trade is money related. Getting one heck of a receiver at #6 trumps Tee @25 million. For a whole lot less money. True they’d have an 18 but the NFL is getting to be like the NBA. The top 12 picks are pretty sure fire.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Except every trade is money related. Getting one heck of a receiver at #6 trumps Tee @25 million. For a whole lot less money. True they’d have an 18 but the NFL is getting to be like the NBA. The top 12 picks are pretty sure fire.

You must have been born after 2017. We took a guy named John Ross at #9 that year. Fastest man in combine history. He was going to light the league on fire. Things didn’t work out.

Titans thought they could easily move on from their big stud WR in the 2022 offseason. Got a 1st round pick for him. And spent it on a big WR to easily replace the proven commodity they shipped away. Fast forward two years. Head coach fired and looking like a first round bust WR.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You must have been born after 2017. We took a guy named John Ross at #9 that year. Fastest man in combine history. He was going to light the league on fire. Things didn’t work out.

Titans thought they could easily move on from their big stud WR in the 2022 offseason. Got a 1st round pick for him. And spent it on a big WR to easily replace the proven commodity they shipped away. Fast forward two years. Head coach fired and looking like a first round bust WR.

I agree with your point overall, there's no guarantees in the draft. Heck, Henry Ruggs and Jameson Williams are 2 of the 8 top-12 picks at WR in the last 4 drafts. 

That said, the Titans traded their #1 (and only good) WR. Trading him meant their leading remaining WR in yards from that 2021 was a 2nd year UDFA with 476 receiving yards. That is decidedly not the same as the Bengals situation where they'd be trying to replace a #2 WR while still having Ja'Marr Chase.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Straight from the horses mouth. I got to ride the escalator up with TJ during one of the games when he was ruler of the jungle. I think it was the Hubbard yard dash playoff game. And while I’m sure it was mostly him being humble. When I asked he said something like the new kids were better than they ever were.

Of course, he was being humble. Anthony Munoz says he's the 4th best athlete in his family
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You must have been born after 2017. We took a guy named John Ross at #9 that year. Fastest man in combine history. He was going to light the league on fire. Things didn’t work out.

And you follow poorly. Marvin Harrison will be likely available in the examples of NYG & Atl. They aren’t trading for Tee vs Marvin. I don’t care about history and stupid decisions. Burks was picked at 18. Following along is a must for good discussion
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I agree with your point overall, there's no guarantees in the draft. Heck, Henry Ruggs and Jameson Williams are 2 of the 8 top-12 picks at WR in the last 4 drafts. 

That said, the Titans traded their #1 (and only good) WR. Trading him meant their leading remaining WR in yards from that 2021 was a 2nd year UDFA with 476 receiving yards. That is decidedly not the same as the Bengals situation where they'd be trying to replace a #2 WR while still having Ja'Marr Chase.

Precisely

Reply/Quote
Bengals depend heavily on the WRs as an offense so breaking in 2 new starters in the same year could become the Bates/Bell and even Nick Scott situations easily all over again. A Tee Higgins franchise tag might be a overpay I disagree but overpaying for instant chemistry in a weak room for only 1 year is a good deal.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I agree with your point overall, there's no guarantees in the draft. Heck, Henry Ruggs and Jameson Williams are 2 of the 8 top-12 picks at WR in the last 4 drafts. 

Tees injury history plays into this discussion too. He's hurt a decent bit. It's a big blow with him on a rookie deal. When he's making $20 million plus a year...it's a huge deal.
Reply/Quote
Burks had a crap QB throwing to him... your QB matters at the end of the day.

Burrow is going to make average look above. Even if you "miss" on the pick.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 01:05 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Burks had a crap QB throwing to him... your QB matters at the end of the day.

Burrow is going to make average look above. Even if you "miss" on the pick.

That's definately part of the equation.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 07:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pretty sure we heard the same with AJ Green when he ended up getting tagged.
What did we see that year?
A WR was still taken super early (Higgins) and played a good amount while AJ Green cost the team $18.1 mill for a 1-year rental.

Personally, unless there can be a guarantee Higgins is signed to a long-term contract, I don't want to see $20+ mill going toward a 1-year rental, especially if a draft pick is invested in Rds 1-2 as well.

Either sign him to a new deal or let him walk and get a new guy in the draft or outside FA to replace.

Saw the same thing with Bates, as well.  Heard all about how he wanted to stay, nothing got done, and we spent a 1st on Dax Hill.

Also saw the same thing with Michael Johnson in '13, when they took Margus Hunt in the 2nd.

I think a lot of folks want Tee tagged because they think that will mean the Bengals won't take a WR high in the draft.  For some reason, many on here react to the notion of drafting WR's like vampires react to crosses and garlic.  It simply isn't realistic based on how the club does business, especially with Boyd also hitting UFA.
Reply/Quote
Im gonna end all confusion on the board about Tee

Hes getting tagged.....

We have him 1 more year.

We arent trading him. Hes too beloved and Katie Blackburn has inherited her loyalty from Mike Brown. Tee is saying he wants to stay so that will be a factor.

I think in 2026 well have Tee Higgins signed and a BET YOU its off a season where he played every game.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 02:05 AM)Housh Wrote: Im gonna end all confusion on the board about Tee

Hes getting tagged.....

We have him 1 more year.

We arent trading him. Hes too beloved and Katie Blackburn has inherited her loyalty from Mike Brown. Tee is saying he wants to stay so that will be a factor.

I think in 2026 well have Tee Higgins signed and a BET YOU its off a season where he played every game.

I don't think anybody will be surprised if Tee gets tagged.

I think most doubt he will be a Bengal in '26; as the Bengals have never had a non-kicker in stripes the year after being FT'd.  They are historically more likely to do a tag/trade(Wilkinson) than reach a long term deal.
Reply/Quote
I'm good with tagging Tee, we have to run the trio back and hope it can stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 02:05 AM)Housh Wrote: Im gonna end all confusion on the board about Tee

Hes getting tagged.....

We have him 1 more year.

When was the last time a tagged Bengal got a long-term deal after?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Straight from the horses mouth. I got to ride the escalator up with TJ during one of the games when he was ruler of the jungle. I think it was the Hubbard yard dash playoff game. And while I’m sure it was mostly him being humble. When I asked he said something like the new kids were better than they ever were.

I think TLL means Chad was better, more as, "relative to his peers, in the rest of the league."

In terms of athletic ability, hands, YAC, etc., I think we all know Chase is better: Chad is maybe only better in precise route running, but I'd argue that as well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 10:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: When was the last time a tagged Bengal got a long-term deal after?

Mike Nugent? I could be making that up though...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think the fact that Tee did all he could to play through his injury late in the year screams that he wants to remain a Bengal. I'm the source on that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote