Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reliable Source Says Tee Wants To Stay Here, Likely Tagged
(01-18-2024, 04:45 PM)depthchart Wrote: I agree with the side of the coin that you are showing.

This is why I believe the Bengals must be very careful with any decision to Trade TEE.

Marvin Harrison Jr should be a safe replacement. Rome Odunze or Malik Nabers would likely do well. Gets riskier after that.

Could Trade up and get Brock Bowers TE then shift some catches to the Tight ends to help offset TEE leaving.

Could get a Top OT with a Trade up say Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State then Draft WR later and hit Free Agency for a veteran WR.

This is why I tend to want to either keep TEE for 2024 or use him in a Trade Up to get something of Quality to offset his loss.

I doubt that I would just Trade TEE for say a 2nd round pick just to save Money in 2024.

A TEE departure would need to be carefully Planned or else just keep him for 2024 at the least.

Bowers excites me and I think that we'd be pretty unstoppable if we land him but I gave up any hope that he could fall to us months ago.

Tee would also make us pretty dangerous but it's just so hard to know his true value. I definitely think he's important to our offense but he could be wanting #1 money and it's hard to commit because of the injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 05:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The source is a random poster that I don't know from a Bengals Facebook group that I'm in, so it's reliable ThumbsUp

Hilarious

It just says that the rumor is that "definitely wants to stay in Cinci" and that he'll most likely tag him. There won't be a new deal until the tag expires but both sides would like to work on a deal.

That makes sense for him because, with Chasing being up for a new deal this offseason, they're likely not going to give two big receivers big contracts at once when we're so close to getting over the hump and the money could be spent elsewhere and on the other extensions, especially Chase.

Not much but hopefully it's somewhat true because, if Higgins is saying he's ok with it this soon, the offseason will go a lot more smoothly!

You have to Tag him, just to make sure you have a decent replacement for when he does leave honestly.

Let alone if you can get a great trade offer...

Makes sense. Just like bringing back DJ makes sense until we have a replacement.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 12:32 PM)depthchart Wrote: I don't see the impossibility of using TEE in a Trade up.

Just a year ago many Analysts, Former GM's etc were saying that they believe TEE could be a #1 wide receiver.

I would bet that many still believe that he can handle a #1 role and/or be a Top #2 receiver on a Team.

It only takes one Team to want TEE and also like a player at pick #18 probably at another position. (They get 2 players TEE & #18)

If TEE becomes an Un-tagged Free Agent wide receiver right now, I believe he would be one of the Top guys. Only 25 years old.

There is Value there that can be used to gain something and there should be a few Teams lining up to pay TEE.  - IMO

Impossible absolutely not. Improbable very much so. Tee wants to stay they want him to stay. They will tag him IMO and try to work the puzzle. I expect he will play in ‘24 and if they don’t work a deal draft his successor in ‘25 draft. In earlier discussions trading him to move up to the single digits is tough. One we hate trades and giving up picks. Most teams if they need a WR picking single digits will try to get Marvin Harrison or Odunze. Saves them a ton of money.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I think in this particular situation, Tee would not mine a franchise tag. If the Bengals were not planning on signing him to LT contract, they most certainly will tag of some sort. It would not surprise me if the Bengals sign Chase to LT deal instead.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 08:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think in this particular situation, Tee would not mine a franchise tag.  If the Bengals were not planning on signing him to LT contract, they most certainly will tag of some sort.  It would not surprise me if the Bengals sign Chase to LT deal instead.

They tried to sign Tee to a long term deal before the season, but the numbers were not high enough for him and his agent, this according to a source.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 07:58 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Impossible absolutely not. Improbable very much so. Tee wants to stay they want him to stay. They will tag him IMO and try to work the puzzle. I expect he will play in ‘24 and if they don’t work a deal draft his successor in ‘25 draft. In earlier discussions trading him to move up to the single digits is tough. One we hate trades and giving up picks. Most teams if they need a WR picking single digits will try to get Marvin Harrison or Odunze. Saves them a ton of money.

I also expect the Bengals will take the more predictable and usual route by keeping TEE in 2024.

It may be best to do so, unless they can come up with a very specific Plan alternative that has a chance to be a better option.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 08:33 PM)casear2727 Wrote: They tried to sign Tee to a long term deal before the season, but the numbers were not high enough for him and his agent, this according to a source.

Was that via your bat phone ? I’m kidding you did it first. And I believe you at least.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 07:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Disagree.

At his peak Chad was the best WR in the NFL over a 3 year span. Chase is great, but he's never been the best in the NFL even one year (there's still time for him to do so).

Housh was putting up the same type of numbers as Tee  despite being in a less passing-friendly time (2005 there were only 2 QBs with 4,000+ yards and 0 with 4,200+ yards) and also in a time when you would absolutely get murdered going across the middle by Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Troy Polamalu, and James Harrison and there wasn't a flag you'd just get put on an ESPN highlight reel of getting Jacked Up. Tee would fall apart if he had to play in the '00s AFCN... unless you mean the very start of Housh's career, in which case sure, the 33rd pick started better than the 7th round 204th pick. Lol

I think we can also all agree that Burrow is better than Palmer, too.

Here is where i differ. I totally believe Chase and Tee are a better combo early in their first years playing together than Chad and TJ... the key is raising their game, that is what Chad and TJ did in their like 4-8 years into the NFL..
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 10:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Here is where i differ. I totally believe Chase and Tee are a better combo early in their first years playing together than Chad and TJ... the key is raising their game, that is what Chad and TJ did in their like 4-8 years into the NFL..

Chad and TJ had Jon Kitna as their QB for their first 3 years though.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 10:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chad and TJ had Jon Kitna as their QB for their first 3 years though.

Sure but both tee and chase have missed time with Burrow , I would still say the start of Chase and Tee is more promising than start of Chad and TJ but Chase numbers have when down so needs to change that next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 09:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Was that via your bat phone ? I’m kidding you did it first. And I believe you at least.

I dont mind sharing.  Everyone knows DJ Reader and my son are friends.  This is a guy I chat with on twitter, I know he has been to the family lounge after games although I did not meet him there.  Not sure if he is a friend or relative of Higgins but he is close.  According to him the offer was around 20M over 4, said Tee was told he could get better. 

I think he is correct but, I also think that was a very fair offer.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 03:17 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont mind sharing.  Everyone knows DJ Reader and my son are friends.  This is a guy I chat with on twitter, I know he has been to the family lounge after games although I did not meet him there.  Not sure if he is a friend or relative of Higgins but he is close.  According to him the offer was around 20M over 4, said Tee was told he could get better. 

He could definitely get a little more but probably from a bad team like Carolina. If that matters to him at all.

And yeah that seems like a fair offer considering Tee’s injury history and inability to stay on the field. DJ Moore got 3 years $61 million and he had pretty comparable stats to Tee when he got that deal in 2022.

Reply/Quote
I wonder if Tee would play like Bates on a tag, kind of carefully, with merit.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 03:17 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont mind sharing.  Everyone knows DJ Reader and my son are friends.  This is a guy I chat with on twitter, I know he has been to the family lounge after games although I did not meet him there.  Not sure if he is a friend or relative of Higgins but he is close.  According to him the offer was around 20M over 4, said Tee was told he could get better. 

I didn't know that, that's cool!
Reply/Quote

I’m not doubting you a bit. A funny story. I had a tire shop in a small town in Oklahoma that was a customer of mine. I was waiting on the owner. In the lobby two old friends talking. I hear their conversation. One guy asks the other how his son is and if we was still working with strength and conditioning for the Clippers. He said yes. But he said he’s going to Houston with Chris Paul who was in free agency. My young friend follows the NBA on Twitter and is obsessed. So I sent a group text Chris Paul was going to Houston. My friend said you want me to believe with no mention of Houston as a landing spot for Chris Paul anywhere on the internet you heard it in a tire shop? No way I believe you. Next day Gene Wojanowski of ESPN announced it. But DJ is one of the most highest character players on the team and there’s a bunch. Good guy for your son to be friends with. My buddies and I laugh as when I tell them some news they say you been hanging out at your tire shop again lol.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 10:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chad and TJ had Jon Kitna as their QB for their first 3 years though.

And Scott Mitchell.

And Akili

And Frerotte

Bolsters your argument, if anything lol

(01-19-2024, 09:58 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m not doubting you a bit. A funny story. I had a tire shop in a small town in Oklahoma that was a customer of mine. I was waiting on the owner. In the lobby two old friends talking. I hear their conversation. One guy asks the other how his son is and if we was still working with strength and conditioning for the Clippers. He said yes. But he said he’s going to Houston with Chris Paul who was in free agency. My young friend follows the NBA on Twitter and is obsessed. So I sent a group text Chris Paul was going to Houston. My friend said you want me to believe with no mention of Houston as a landing spot for Chris Paul anywhere on the internet you heard it in a tire shop? No way I believe you. Next day Gene Wojanowski of ESPN announced it. But DJ is one of the most highest character players on the team and there’s a bunch. Good guy for your son to be friends with. My buddies and I laugh as when I tell them some news they say you been hanging out at your tire shop again lol.

Can you get me Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails in 225/55/17R for a decent price and send them up to Canada? Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 01:53 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Those college guys don't have to play in the NFL if they don't like the CBA.

Clearly not my point.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 10:59 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And Scott Mitchell.

And Akili

And Frerotte

Bolsters your argument, if anything lol

Can you get me Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails in 225/55/17R for a decent price and send them up to Canada? Wink

I don’t sell tires I sell advertising or did

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 04:10 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That seems ligical but misses the point. 

Tee gets less targets because of Chase. The #1 guy on other teams is likely gonna get more targets/yards than any #2. I mean, Curry's PPG went down when the Dubs signed Durant, was Steph less valuable? No. 

Plus, Tee averaged well over 1,000 yards his first 3 years. Over 1,000 the two where Burrow was healthy. And put up 100 per game (close to it) when Chase was out. 

And making Thielen the comparison and then saying age does not matter is flat out silly. He is ancient, HIS contract is certainly affected by it. 

Tee is 20th in the league the last 4 years in receiving yards. 19th amongst WRs (Kelce). And that is sans Burrow for a full year of that time. Plus, of those 19, only 3 have played fewer than Tee's 58 games (Chase, Kupp, Keenan Allen). 

He is a top 15-20 WR. Yeah, the tag is a bit of an overpay (average of top 10), but not a lot. #15 makes $18.3 mil. It starts dropping quickly after that. #19 is $16.1 mil (Hunter Renfrow). 

WR2 's are a double edged sword when it comes to individual production.  They see less targets, but they don't see double coverage as often and usually get don't get lined up against the CB1.  So, they get fewer targets, but they get a boost to their yards/target based on easier matchups.  Higgins has 100+ targets his first three years, good enough for Top 33 each year.  He is not lacking for target share.  Furthermore, he wouldn't be seeing a pretty big chunk of Chase's targets due to the fact that Chase is a three level threat that runs a full route tree and Tee is primarily a threat on intermediate timing routes, like outs, digs, back shoulder fades, come backs, etc.  WR screens, flats, whips, and crossers that Chase runs are not in Tee's skill set(this is a big reason why he's more of a complementary receiver and not a true #1).

Beyond that, if we're trying to determine where Higgins stacks up, why are we making caveats for him being a WR2 and not doing the same for every other WR2 in the league?

Why doesn't this year count?  Why would his miserable 8 Targets for zero catches in the opener against the Browns not count?  Why would his terrible 2 catches on 8 Targets for 21 yards against the Rams not count?  His most recent year is the biggest indicator of what kind of player he currently is.How many of the WR's we're comparing Higgins to have Joe Burrow or an equivalent QB throwing to them at any point in their career?  Are we curving all of them for QB play, as well, or does only Higgins get this benefit?

If we're going to pick and choose, during the second Steelers game this year when Chase was out, Higgins had one catch for 23 yards the first half, then had an 80 yard TD on a busted coverage and racked up some garbage time yards in the blowout for a 140 yard day.  Looks great to fantasy owners, but you really can't say he stepped up on a gotta have it game with Chase out.

We are talking about using the FT on a one year rental for Higgins.  Age doesn't play into that.  Thielen may be ancient, but he could replace that production for one year for a fraction of the cost.  If we're talking long term deal, it matters.  But for one, it doesn't.

So Tee Higgins is a better WR than guys like Nacau, Garrett Wilson, DeVonta Smith, Jalen Waddle, etc, etc simply because he played all four years of your chosen sample size and they didn't?  That's not good logic at all.
Reply/Quote
If there's one thing we can always count on for 100% accuracy every time it's a random Facebook post. I hear lying has been banned from Facebook.. Absolutely zero chance of reading lies on Facebook. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote