Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember Joe Wilson?
Joe Wilson was the senator from South Carolina that shouted "you lie" at Obama when the liar in chief promised no healthcare subsidies to illegals.
Turns out Joe was right...$750 million went to illegals in 2015.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2016/02/09/obama-lied-750-million-in-obamacare-subsidies-went-to-illegals-in-2015-n2116878
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/08/senate-report-illegal-immigrants-benefited-from-up-to-750m-in-obamacare-subsidies.html

Quote:The report, produced by Republicans on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, examined Affordable Care Act tax credits meant to defray the cost of insurance premiums. It found that as of June 2015, “the Administration awarded approximately $750 million in tax credits on behalf of individuals who were later determined to be ineligible because they failed to verify their citizenship, status as a national, or legal presence.”

So... let me get this right... you're upset because illegal immigrants paid in more than $750 million in taxes? That's what this means, isn't it? If they're getting tax credits, these people have tax returns... which means they're paying taxes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I didn't notice much from the Democratic state run media outlets, ABC, CBS, or NBC on this so here are other links if the one I posted doesn't meet your standards. 

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=750+million+to+illegals
(02-12-2016, 02:48 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/08/senate-report-illegal-immigrants-benefited-from-up-to-750m-in-obamacare-subsidies.html

So... let me get this right... you're upset because illegal immigrants paid in more than $750 million in taxes? That's what this means, isn't it? If they're getting tax credits, these people have tax returns... which means they're paying taxes.

Pretty sure millions of illegals filed tax returns before Obamacare.  And, no, one can file a return and still have a negative tax liability (a.k.a get more back than you paid).
Quote:The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services confirmed to FoxNews.com on Monday that 471,000 customers with 2015 coverage failed to produce proper documentation on their citizenship or immigration status on time – but stressed that this does not necessarily mean they’re ineligible.  

“Lack of verification does not mean an individual is ineligible for financial assistance, but only that a Marketplace did not receive sufficient information to verify eligibility in the time period outlined in the law,” CMS spokesman Aaron Albright said. 

I people linked to the actual report.  

Even this link has a link but it doesn't work.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/senator-worries-ineligible-people-obamacare-subsidies/story?id=36813134

Quote:Indeed, in May 2014, roughly 970,000 people had citizenship or immigration data-matching errors on their applications, a number that by the end of the year had dwindled to 109,000 as applicants who provided documents that were originally not part of their application, meaning only about 11 percent of applicants, had their tax credits terminated, proof of which would have appeared on their annual tax filings.

"We have a robust verification process to make sure that those who are eligible for financial assistance can receive it, while also protecting taxpayer dollars," Wakana added.

Still, Johnson said in his report that more needs to be done to make sure people who are ineligible for health care tax subsidies never get them, even for a short time.

That bolded part wasn't in the link you provided for the FOX story your link was linked to.

So some slip through, just like with most systems.  Probably need to cut some funding so they can let more through to show how awful the system is.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-12-2016, 02:53 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Pretty sure millions of illegals filed tax returns before Obamacare.  And, no, one can file a return and still have a negative tax liability (a.k.a get more back than you paid).

Outside of EIC, students and 1%ers, I don't think that's very common. So to get the rest of those credits, wouldn't they have to be putting something in? Unless they're all billionaires or students?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Lol illegals.    If they file tax returns then it should be easy to go get them and deport them straight away.

And if anyone should forfeit their tax returns it's law breakers.
(02-12-2016, 04:13 PM)Benton Wrote: Outside of EIC, students and 1%ers, I don't think that's very common. So to get the rest of those credits, wouldn't they have to be putting something in? Unless they're all billionaires or students?

I think you are right about this.

The EIC is a unique type of tax credit.  Most of them do not allow you to get back more than you paid.