Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember how Burrow couldn’t throw the deep ball…
(01-05-2022, 11:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The more-encouraging news?

The last 2 weeks have shown that he is throwing these deep passes (in general, not only TDs) to NOT just Chase, as Higgins has gotten in on them, Boyd has 1 (his TD, IIRC) and Mixon had the last catch against the Ravens.

Being able to throw deep with one guy is a big deal, but multiple players? DBs will have their hands full constantly.

Solid point and I think it means Burrow is one step ahead of the defensive coverages and recognizing where the deep ball opportunity exists rather than just chucking it down field. Burrow has to be making the correct pre-snap reads, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Solid point and I think it means Burrow is one step ahead of the defensive coverages and recognizing where the deep ball opportunity exists rather than just chucking it down field. Burrow has to be making the correct pre-snap reads, right?

"Eff it, Ja'Marr is down there somewhere"
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: "Eff it, Ja'Marr is down there somewhere"

Ha, this quote entered my thoughts as I was typing my reply. I'm sure Burrow has swagger and confidence in his boy to make this call but Burrow is too good to not recognize what defenses are doing. Surely, he leverages the situation to his advantage.
Reply/Quote
The bed news? Burrow will get old someday and retire.. Chase too.. Then what?  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 10:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: The bed news? Burrow will get old someday and retire.. Chase too.. Then what?  Nervous

We'll reflect on the Super Bowl victories and be satisfied Bengals fans. We'll then cheer on an unknown QB who is currently just a baby.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 10:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: The bed news? Burrow will get old someday and retire.. Chase too.. Then what?  Nervous

We'll be wishing they could've given us just one more ring .... for our big toe. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote