Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are on Candidate #7 for DC
(02-15-2019, 11:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We also knew they needed a starting RT and they went into the season with Bobby Hart.

It's really hard to say with the Bengals whether they will address needs.

They allowed Bodine to start for years.

Then we had the opportunity to take Orlando Brown and passed on him for Malik Jefferson who never saw the light of day.

O Brown was starting in Baltimore this past year
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 01:21 PM)corpjet Wrote: Then we had the opportunity to take Orlando Brown and passed on him for Malik Jefferson who never saw the light of day.

Exactly! We see the Bengals roster holes...and people assume they will upgrade most if not all of them...but past evidence shows they likely won't.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 11:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You're gonna make the Homers mad.

These guys aren't turning us down. We're turning them down until we find the right fit!

lol wish we could say that....   most these guys had reasons not to come here that make sense some were not even allowed or never interviewd
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 01:21 PM)corpjet Wrote: Then we had the opportunity to take Orlando Brown and passed on him for Malik Jefferson who never saw the light of day.

Brown is credited with the worst showing in the history of the combine.  He was reportedly completely off many teams draft boards.  Was he even a scheme fit here?

Seriously, it's very easy to find one guy that in this case went somewhere else in a different system and didn't completely embarrass themselves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 03:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol wish we could say that....   most these guys had reasons not to come here that make sense some were not even allowed or never interviewd

I think that's where the big issue in this has been. We selected a list of guys who had better jobs/situations/pay where they were that likely weren't coming no matter what we offered them.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 04:07 PM)Whatever Wrote: Brown is credited with the worst showing in the history of the combine.  He was reportedly completely off many teams draft boards.  Was he even a scheme fit here?

Seriously, it's very easy to find one guy that in this case went somewhere else in a different system and didn't completely embarrass themselves.

Everyone is an infallible expert with 20/20 hindsight.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 10:45 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Precisely. Homers gonna home.

Just like last year how Pollack was going to fix the line. We even added 2 new lineman and similar results.

You keep saying that stupid word like it's another word for murderer or child molester.  If you ask me, homer is another word for fan.  To me, if you're not gonna home, why bother? 

Partially in or half assed is just not something I believe in.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 07:39 PM)McC Wrote: You keep saying that stupid word like it's another word for murderer or child molester.  If you ask me, homer is another word for fan.  To me, if you're not gonna home, why bother? 

Partially in or half assed is just not something I believe in.

Literally over the last 27 years, EVERY TEAMS fanbase except us could have been irrationally jubilant about their teams chances in the offseason of winning a playoff game...and been right atleast 5 times.

Our 'homers' have a 27 year streak of 'homering' and being wrong.

It's a massive red flag that we hired an inexperienced coach and can't land a DC. Massive.
Reply/Quote

and decisions like THAT over the last 4 years is why Tobin was fired.

wait.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 10:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: and decisions like THAT over the last 4 years is why Tobin was fired.

wait.

Yep. Tobin is terrible. I was:

Screaming for James Daniels instead of Billy Price in RD 1

Agreed with his picks of Bates and Hubbard in 2 and 3A

I really wanted Mark Andrews over Jefferson at 3B

Screaming at the TV when we took Walton over Da'Shawn Hand in the 4th

And don't even get me started on taking Phillips, Brown, and Harris in the 5th over players such as Lindsay, Desmond Harrison, and JC Jakson.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep. Tobin is terrible. I was:

Screaming for James Daniels instead of Billy Price in RD 1

Agreed with his picks of Bates and Hubbard in 2 and 3A

I really wanted Mark Andrews over Jefferson at 3B

Screaming at the TV when we took Walton over Da'Shawn Hand in the 4th

And don't even get me started on taking Phillips, Brown, and Harris in the 5th over players such as Lindsay, Desmond Harrison, and JC Jakson.

Honestly, for the draft I think the Bengals just subscribe to some of the scouting services and use those to draft. With the number of scouts we have...that and the bowl games is what they likely use.

We generally draft guys with good measurables - Speed/Jumping or Strength. How many guys have we drafted that hold their schools bench press record or powerlifting record?
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2019, 05:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone is an infallible expert with 20/20 hindsight.

Not me, I STILL want the Bengals to draft Johnny Manziel!
Reply/Quote
Adam Zimmer hype train!!!!!!! aaaaaaall aboard!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 07:59 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Adam Zimmer hype train!!!!!!!  aaaaaaall aboard!!!!!!

bfine will be along directly to agree.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 09:12 AM)McC Wrote: bfine will be along directly to agree.

I'd be ok with giving little Zim a chance..... it's not like he doesn't have an expert to bounce ideas off of....
Reply/Quote
The new DC won't be from a current team. It's too late. The combine is next week and teams staffs are set and they are focused on 2019 season. They won't be granting permission (and who can blame them). Teams leave for Indy this weekend.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote