Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Les Miles said Ja'Marr couldn't play WR
(01-26-2022, 04:55 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20. I will say, Urban doesn't have the best track record developing QBs that can transition from College to the Pros. I would argue the most successful QB he put into the pro's was Alex Smith, but even then it took Alex Smith about 6 years to become a good NFL QB. That said, Urban produced plenty of other skill position players that had great success in the NFL. I don't like the guy, but I do appreciate his career in college. I probably should state I went to college at UK and worked for the football team during Urban's time at Florida, so I'mma lil bias lol.

Nope, you're right. It took the 9ers 6 years to coach the Urban stank off Alex Smith. QBs rarely get that luxury. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I imagine it is much easier to recruit top talent when they can show the high school prospects how many of their players got drafted into the NFL.  I bet there is a lot of behind the scenes talk like, "Commit to [university name here] and I'll do everything I can to make sure you go pro like I did for [insert names here]."

John Calipari has made a living off of that promise.

Reply/Quote
Where's that dude that calls Orgeron an idiot? At least he had the sense to play Ja'Marr at WR! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote:
lol to be fair, they ALL sucked hard, outside of the top 3.

Not too many good QBs have come from the SEC, for some reason.

The top AV QBs are as follows:

Brady: B1G
Brees: B1G
Manning: SEC
Favre: CUSA
Tarkenton: SEC
Rivers: ACC
Rodgers: PAC-12
Marino: ACC
'berger: MAC
Elway: PAC-12
Matt Ryan: ACC
Eli: SEC
Steve Young: Ind
Montana: Ind
Fouts: PAC-12
Moon: PAC-12
Ken Anderson: CCIW
Wilson: ACC/B1G
Randy White: B1G
Stafford: SEC

So, of the top 20, we have:

B1G: 4
SEC: 4
ACC: 4
PAC-12: 4
Ind: 2
CUSA: 1
MAC: 1
CCIW: 1

So if you're from the SEC, Georgia is your best bet or be a member of the Manning Family. Otherwise, evenly spread-out through the P5, save for the Big-12, which has 0.

Interesting  list, I figured the SEC would have done better over the years but I guess not.

Really just proves how hard it is to scout a NFL ready QB in college.

We got lucky with Burrow, I think the Jags have a good young QB  in Lawrence and the Chargers have a good young QB as well.
Not so  sure on Tua for the Dolphins, but they did turn things around  so maybe he can improve.

Thanks for the stats!
Who Dey

-magikod
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:15 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I was terrified at first when Redman was drafted by the Ravens. I thought he was going to be what they needed with that defense behind him.

Really thought Redman was going to be great there as well. He was a solid QB. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Kinda like Urban Meyer not believing in Joe Burrow as QB1…

Being in Cbus and listening to the local sports talk im privy to a reporter, Dave Biddle, he's a good one and he was on the radio the other day saying how Urban's face would be visibly pained by the question "who's got the edge for starting QB coming outta this spring?"....he couldn't call it, they were neck and neck.

Burrow didn't have enough eligibility to wait, he had to transfer cuz Urban told him Haskins had the edge going into fall camp.  I think Burrow had a minor hand surgery too at the time that played a role in Urban telling Burrow something he probably knew would lead to Burrow transferring. And as luck would have it, Nebraska quite stupidly weren't interested cuz they thought Adrian Martinez was that dude...boy were they wrong!!

I feel like Burrow was gonna find his way regardless, even coming outta Nebraska, in fact, he might/prolly would have changed their whole narrative had they been smart enough to do it.

But how fortunate for him and all of us honestly, that he ended up with Jefferson and Chase at LSU...cuz that 2019 season those boys put together was one for the ages as they used to say.  Something that historic was not happening at Nebraska.  They may not have beat OSU but they would have beat just about everyone else in the big 10 in 18 and 19 just from him being there I think.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol to be fair, they ALL sucked hard, outside of the top 3.

Not too many good QBs have come from the SEC, for some reason.

The top AV QBs are as follows:

Brady: B1G
Brees: B1G
Manning: SEC
Favre: CUSA
Tarkenton: SEC
Rivers: ACC
Rodgers: PAC-12
Marino: ACC
'berger: MAC
Elway: PAC-12
Matt Ryan: ACC
Eli: SEC
Steve Young: Ind
Montana: Ind
Fouts: PAC-12
Moon: PAC-12
Ken Anderson: CCIW
Wilson: ACC/B1G
Randy White: B1G
Stafford: SEC

So, of the top 20, we have:

B1G: 4
SEC: 4
ACC: 4
PAC-12: 4
Ind: 2
CUSA: 1
MAC: 1
CCIW: 1

So if you're from the SEC, Georgia is your best bet or be a member of the Manning Family. Otherwise, evenly spread-out through the P5, save for the Big-12, which has 0.

Is Randy White a typo?  I remember Danny White and I think he played on Cowboy teams who had a good Dlineman name of Randy White.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Where's that dude that calls Orgeron an idiot? At least he had the sense to play Ja'Marr at WR! LMAO

To be fair, you'd have an easier time trying to find someone who didn't call Orgeron an idiot over the last few months.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:40 AM)magikod Wrote:
Interesting  list, I figured the SEC would have done better over the years but I guess not.

Really just proves how hard it is to scout a NFL ready QB in college.

We got lucky with Burrow, I think the Jags have a good young QB  in Lawrence and the Chargers have a good young QB as well.
Not so  sure on Tua for the Dolphins, but they did turn things around  so maybe he can improve.

Thanks for the stats!
Who Dey

-magikod

Thoroughly agree with Burrow and Herbert being set as guys for their teams. 

Not so sure I agree with Lawrence. Admittedly I am not sure that any QB would look great with that entire situation in Jacksonville, but I would feel better with Tua as my QB than Lawrence right now. 59.6% Completion, 12 TD/17 INT, 6.0 YPA, 71.9 QB Rating. None of that is enticing. At least Tua can be a Teddy Bridgewater 2.0, which isn't ideal, but eh.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If it comes down to the last play of the game and KC has the ball, Imma put Chase on Hill.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 10:06 AM)samhain Wrote: To be fair, you'd have an easier time trying to find someone who didn't call Orgeron an idiot over the last few months.

The Mad Hatter musta been even worse! Tongue

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:47 AM)Interceptor Wrote: If it comes down to the last play of the game and KC has the ball, Imma put Chase on Hill.

Burrow lined up at MLB... Taylor said that he thinks he's one anyway.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:16 PM)jason Wrote: Burrow lined up at MLB... Taylor said that he thinks he's one anyway.

And shadow Kelce with Tyler Boyd.

Boys, we have got ourselves a defensive game plan.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:57 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Is Randy White a typo?  I remember Danny White and I think he played on Cowboy teams who had a good Dlineman name of Randy White.

Yeah, I was super out of it yesterday and accidentally clicked on Randy White instead of Unitas, who was actually next.

I've fixed the original post :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
A pretty common motivator of athletes is to tell them they can’t be at their desired position and are more suited for another spot. Hearing from Chase, it apparently worked in his case. Miles was an incredible success at LSU but it wasn’t his coaching that got him fired, it was “inappropriate contact with coeds”.

The conference of the QB is clearly the PAC-12. Brodie, Plunkett, Bartkowski, Roth, Aikman, Bledsoe, Plummer, Luck Smith and of course Palmer. Their are scores of other QB’s who where top ten picks that had various marginal results Goff) and some huge busts. Akili, Leaf McNown, and recently Rosen.
Reply/Quote