Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remembering A.J.
I think everyone can agree that A.J. wasn't close to the player we all used to watch on Sundays. And to see it end on an 0 for against a team he has had great success against was even worse.

Saw this tweet,

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not going to lie, it made me sad to picture it ending for A.J. this way after all the good times he had here and figured with all the negativity on the board, I'd fire up a thread to post some of the good memories we had with A.J. during his time here.

No getting into coaching debates here... just one thread that isn't fighting among fans or arguing about the players and coaches. Just a place to post pics, vids or stories remembering a guy who was a great.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ Green prior to the 2020 season - Please don't franchise tag me.
Reply/Quote
Probably my all time favorite. Last couple of years have been tough to watch. Wish him the best.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:50 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Probably my all time favorite. Last couple of years have been tough to watch.

I remember when he caught a hail mary to force OT against the Ravens and I was in a bar in Chicago and I jumped up and screamed maybe a little too loud as everybody in the bar stopped and stared at me but the exhiliration was worth it.
Reply/Quote
Always enjoyed this picture

[Image: 495278460.jpg.0.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: AJ Green prior to the 2020 season - Please don't franchise tag me.

The Chiefs will sign him, whip him back into shape, has a very good yr and he goes to Superbowl next yr...or at a minimum get his 1st playoff win ever. 
Reply/Quote
Yup. Plenty of good times.

That being said, he should not have been tagged this year.
Reply/Quote
I was at the game where he caught the Hail Mary against the Ravens to send the game to overtime. Had some teen boys sitting behind me. Told them a few plays earlier that if they toss it up to AJ, he is coming down with it for a TD. Was wonderful when it happened. We lost the game, but that moment was amazing.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:54 PM)kalibengal Wrote: The Chiefs will sign him, whip him back into shape, has a very good yr and he goes to Superbowl next yr...or at a minimum get his 1st playoff win ever. 

That's possible, but I think I can count on one hand the number of FA players (in the entire NFL, not just here) who are NOT going to "totally go to the Chiefs/Packers/Steelers/Patriots and make us regret it."
Reply/Quote
I think if AJ doesn't retire and wants to play next year I think he ends up in a place like Tampa Bay. I could see Tom Brady going to bat for AJ if he thinks he has anything left in the tank. It's a shame to see AJ fade away like he did here in Cincinnati. Thanks for the memories AJ, I think you made Andy Dalton look like a better QB than he actually was with some of your amazing catches throughout the years.
Reply/Quote
Nice thread, Murdock. AJ, like so many other Bengals deserved much better.

We were absolutely spoiled going right from Chad to AJ. He was a blast to watch all these years, and I’ll miss him.

Reply/Quote
If it truly was his final game in stripes, it was a sad ending for a true great.
Reply/Quote
AJ will always be on my favorite Bengals list. Great receiver, class act.

But he never should have been brought back this season and I even said so.

Good luck to him and thanks for the memories.
Reply/Quote
I'll forever remember him as AC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P1YAnhalAHU

Enjoy these AJ highlights fellow Bengals. One of the greatest to wear the stripes.

The worst part of all of this is the wait to see our team back on the field again.

Have a healthy and safe offseason all.

WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll forever remember him as AC

Driving OK to freedom in his white Ford Bengal
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll forever remember him as AC

What game was that where the announcer called him AC several times ?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:

[Image: n2qrrdx9z0n01.jpg?width=600&auto=webp&s=...3edc78099a]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 06:54 PM)kalibengal Wrote: The Chiefs will sign him, whip him back into shape, has a very good yr and he goes to Superbowl next yr...or at a minimum get his 1st playoff win ever. 

Mahomes to AJ? Gonna be good. He won't be back to his earlier career but he will get his legs back this offseason. We will see posts like "Why didn't AJ play like this last year with us?"

I wish him the best he's been nothing but a complete class act and one of the best players in stripes in a very very long time.
Reply/Quote