Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rep. Bowman goes off the rails in fiery speech
This guy is a piece of work. Isn't he the same guy that pulled a fire alarm to delay a vote? Make no mistake, Bernie Sanders supported him today, Bernie is no Independent. He is as independent as Nate. Both Sanders< Bowman and other squad members have divided the Democratic party. The question becomes, can the Democrats get back their base by November, not looking good for the moment. He supports Hamas over Israel. He supports illegl immigrants over voters in the Bronx as he sits idly by and does nothing to attack Bidne's border policies.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-bowman-says-aipac-see-power-motherf-ing-bronx-during-rally-speech

Rep. Bowman says AIPAC will see 'power of the motherf---ing Bronx' during rally speech
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

[Image: zTczGe.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well, that guy certainly does not conduct himself in a manner suited for public office.

It remains the bigger mystery for me how one can be so critical of his conduct while also whole-heartedly supporting Trump. Whose at least equally awful mannerisms get cheered and celebrated. The inconsistency is mind boggling.
Reply/Quote
Everytime I watch this board, I should be supposed to love our politicians because man ... you are not helped with yours.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 06:31 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Everytime I watch this board, I should be supposed to love our politicians because man ... you are not helped with yours.

Yeah we have a real bad streak going on. I’m just going to pretend I’m from another country, say France or that one that looks like a diseased penis, and fake vote for their people. Me not understanding what they are saying should help. Although I do know maybe 100 words of Deutsch. (“Deutsch” being one of the hundred.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 06:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah we have a real bad streak going on. I’m just going to pretend I’m from another country, say France or that one that looks like a diseased penis, and fake vote for their people. Me not understanding what they are saying should help.

France is a hot mess at the moment. Stay out there. Macron has decided to throw the baby with the bath water. 

I'm really looking to Slovenia at the moment. Never thought I would be an immigrant but here we are. 

What country is a diceased penis ? Italy ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 06:46 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: France is a hot mess at the moment. Stay out there. Macron has decided to throw the baby with the bath water. 

I'm really looking to Slovenia at the moment. Never thought I would be an immigrant but here we are. 

What country is a diceased penis ? Italy ?

Austria. Raj on Big Bang Theory said that about Austria, and Hollodero still hasn’t forgiven him. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 02:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, that guy certainly does not conduct himself in a manner suited for public office.

It remains the bigger mystery for me how one can be so critical of his conduct while also whole-heartedly supporting Trump. Whose at least equally awful mannerisms get cheered and celebrated. The inconsistency is mind boggling.

I think you just did a whataboutism. I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 08:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think you just did a whataboutism. I could be wrong.

I don't feel that way, since I did in no way defend Mr. Bowman, quite the opposite. I did question the OP's motivations. Being outraged over hyperboly and foul incendiary language and being a full Trump supporter just doesn't go together well for me.

(06-23-2024, 06:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah we have a real bad streak going on. I’m just going to pretend I’m from another country, say France or that one that looks like a diseased penis, and fake vote for their people. Me not understanding what they are saying should help.  Although I do know maybe 100 words of Deutsch. (“Deutsch” being one of the hundred.)

While we have plenty of sick dicks around, the country just doesn't look like that at all. You're still thinking about Scandinavia.

Also, I kinda have to echo Arturo's warning for my country. We vote in the fall and will probably give the majority to a clueless right-wing populist party with brown spots.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 08:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't feel that way, since I did in no way defend Mr. Bowman, quite the opposite. I did question the OP's motivations. Being outraged over hyperboly and foul incendiary language and being a full Trump supporter just doesn't go together well for me.

While we have plenty of sick dicks around, the country just doesn't look like that at all. You're still thinking about Scandinavia.

Also, I kinda have to echo Arturo's warning for my country. We vote in the fall and will probably give the majority to a clueless right-wing populist party with brown spots.

That Nehammer guy looks a lot like Arnold. Do you all look alike?

I feel like after watching several seasons of Emily in Paris, I’m more in tune with France right now. Who knew French people spoke English sometimes even when they are the only ones in the room?

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 08:33 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't feel that way, since I did in no way defend Mr. Bowman, quite the opposite. I did question the OP's motivations. Being outraged over hyperboly and foul incendiary language and being a full Trump supporter just doesn't go together well for me.

It's exactly what you did tho. You could have condemned the message instead of turning on the left turn signal. Just sayin.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 10:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's exactly what you did tho. You could have condemned the message instead of turning on the left turn signal. Just sayin.

Well, I don't really get what you mean by left turn signal. I turned towards the OP's alleged outrage, that admittedly is tough to grasp for me. To me it's like saying 'I detest killing, also I deeply admire Charles Manson.'

As for Mr. Bowman, yeah he sure does not conduct himself in a manner that is suited for public office. I already said that, and to me there's not much else to say.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 09:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That Nehammer guy looks a lot like Arnold. Do you all look alike?

We don't. Do we all look the same to you? That's racist.

Since you already waste your time on Karli, you might google Herbert Kickl, our wannabe 'Volkskanzler' that will win the next elections. Plenty of stuff is said about him, that he looks like Arnie is not amongst those things.

(06-23-2024, 09:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I feel like after watching several seasons of Emily in Paris, I’m more in tune with France right now. Who knew French people spoke English sometimes even when they are the only ones in the room?

Wise choice. The women are more beautiful, the men are more gay, so everyone who isn't gets plenty of mistresses, even when looking like Hollande.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 11:02 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote:
[Image: zTczGe.gif]

Oof, that is cringe.

Starting your own name chant is embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2024, 02:07 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, that guy certainly does not conduct himself in a manner suited for public office.

What if we're not Trump supporters, but merely rejectors of Democratic Party messaging?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 09:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What if we're not Trump supporters, but merely rejectors of Democratic Party messaging?

Who is "we", exactly? I did not see "you" making enthusiastic threads about Trump rallyes where he uses the same kind of messaging all the time, like saying "death and terror" and whatnot, the examples are never ending. I did not direct these remarks against you or Harley or anyone who dislikes the democrat's messaging, heck I dislike the democrat's messaging too. It's also not directed against anyone who will vote for Trump or considers him the better option. It's solely directed against those (in that case, the sole user here) that actively celebrate Trump's maneurisms while at the same time being indignant about Trump-style messaging from anyone not named Trump. That's just inconsistent and therefore incredible to me.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 09:50 AM)hollodero Wrote: Who is "we", exactly? I did not see "you" making enthusiastic threads about Trump rallyes where he uses the same kind of messaging all the time, like saying "death and terror" and whatnot, the examples are never ending. I did not direct these remarks against you or Harley or anyone who dislikes the democrat's messaging, heck I dislike the democrat's messaging too. It's also not directed against anyone who will vote for Trump or considers him the better option. It's solely directed against those (in that case, the sole user here) that actively celebrate Trump's maneurisms while at the same time being indignant about Trump-style messaging from anyone not named Trump. That's just inconsistent and therefore incredible to me.

It just seem that whenever anyone posts anything negative about the Democratic Party or the words or actions of any of its members, one of the first things that we always see is a response deflecting towards Trump.  I also feel sometimes that anyone who isn't wholly on board with Democratic Party messaging on here is somehow lumped in as a Trump supporter.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 09:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It just seem that whenever anyone posts anything negative about the Democratic Party or the words or actions of any of its members, one of the first things that we always see is a response deflecting towards Trump.  I also feel sometimes that anyone who isn't wholly on board with Democratic Party messaging on here is somehow lumped in as a Trump supporter.

I don't really consider myself guilty of that. I only have an issue when folks condemn democrats and praise Trump for the same things, and there's one repeated offender on that front. Oh no the audacity of Biden making things about himself, oh no Biden family members make deals in foreign countries, oh no democrats use incendiary language, oh no Biden upset a gold star family, oh no Biden used a spin and said something that wasn't true, oh no Biden rambled inconsistently... but when Trump does the exact same things, it's all great and wonderful. That is the absurdity I address and I feel it's worth addressing when someone is just blindly partisan and has zero consistency in his stances. You know, things like calling the media biased and therefore awful (which is fair enough) while praising FOX at the same time (at which point it turns into an absurdity).

It would be equally absurd if a harsh Trump critic now showed up to vehemently defend Mr. Bowman. No one did. But when similar instances occur, I quite often stated that it's weird to be fine with things from democrats that would be considered awful if Trump did them. But that sure goes both ways.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 09:26 AM)CJD Wrote: Oof, that is cringe.

Starting your own name chant is embarrassing.

If you want cringe, it’s not in short supply. The leg comment is LOL

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2024, 10:09 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If you want cringe, it’s not in short supply. The leg comment is LOL

Criticizing the leg thing seems like a stretch to me. It wasn't explicit or anything. Just kinda weird. But the whole vibe of this rally is off. I personally don't understand people who go somewhere to listen to a politician speak. And trying to appeal to the youth by making it like a concert (especially in broad daylight) makes me shudder with second hand embarrassment.
Reply/Quote