Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rep System Update
(01-05-2016, 10:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Removing negative rep capability is a good thing.

No decision has been made to permanently remove neg rep. It's down temporarily until I get some new coding finished. Just the basic rep will be available for the time being.

(01-05-2016, 10:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps we could put some of these questions to a poll, for all of the members to vote on and add their input?  Seems right.  After all, this board was created by members of the old board, many of whom had a bit of disdain for the tyranny in which the old board was operated.

Right now, the only change taking place is that rep comments will be private, only being visible to the user they were intended for. 

As for any other suggestions, we're always open to input and opinions. That's actually how a lot of these things get discussed by the staff. They are brought up by members first. We try to look at all ideas and feedback and then decide what will work best for the board overall. Sometimes ideas or changes get implemented from that, other times they don't. 

We do try hard to take everything into consideration before making any decisions or changes, and that includes input from the community.
Reply/Quote
On they day i finally need to neg rep someone =(
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 10:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Removing negative rep capability is a good thing.

the hypocrisy...   Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You negged me one before Xeno!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 03:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You negged me one before Xeno!

You're one of the lucky few...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Ok dude...if you don't like people reacting to the things that you do on a public forum....stop using said public forum.  Either that, or stop crying.  It's not difficult.

If you're so uncomfortable, you could always use the "block user" feature.

I'm just glad I can rep people with the assurance that my comments to that poster can't be viewed by others.  There were times I wasn't being completely honest in my comments.  Sometimes I want to comment on what I think another posters hair smells like or what kind of casserole I would make with their nail clippings.  

This system should alleviate those worries.  
Reply/Quote
Guys there's a really dumb thread OP that I need to neg rep right now but I can't =/
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:04 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: No decision has been made to permanently remove neg rep. It's down temporarily until I get some new coding finished. Just the basic rep will be available for the time being.

Right now, the only change taking place is that rep comments will be private, only being visible to the user they were intended for. 

As for any other suggestions, we're always open to input and opinions. That's actually how a lot of these things get discussed by the staff. They are brought up by members first. We try to look at all ideas and feedback and then decide what will work best for the board overall. Sometimes ideas or changes get implemented from that, other times they don't. 

We do try hard to take everything into consideration before making any decisions or changes, and that includes input from the community.

By and large, you and the others do a terrific job managing this site.  No matter how well you tweak the system, there will always be someone who feels like they are on the short end of the stick.  (I'm talking about people that feel adversely affected by neg rep)  Those folks should also remember that the best way to gain positive rep is to make quality posts, and avoid making inflammatory statements for the sake of getting a rise out of folk.  The system really is "Village Justice", in it's purest form.  As we are all part of a fan community here.  Y'all put this board together out of love for the unity of that fan community, to save us all from being "homeless".  Bless you all, and long live The Bengals Board!  (neg rep included)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By and large, you and the others do a terrific job managing this site.  No matter how well you tweak the system, there will always be someone who feels like they are on the short end of the stick.  (I'm talking about people that feel adversely affected by neg rep)  Those folks should also remember that the best way to gain positive rep is to make quality posts, and avoid making inflammatory statements for the sake of getting a rise out of folk.  The system really is "Village Justice", in it's purest form.  As we are all part of a fan community here.  Y'all put this board together out of love for the unity of that fan community, to save us all from being "homeless".  Bless you all, and long live The Bengals Board!  (neg rep included)

I'll put it more succinctly, if you complain about neg rep then you're a complete loser.  If you complain that other people are looking at things on a public message board you're a complete loser.  It reminds me of the inane college kids and their safe spaces and microaggressions.  Oddly enough the people that remind me the most of those kids are the type of people who would complain about those kids the most.

Quite sincerely 'holic, (and I know I didn't quote him so shut up ;P) you did everyone a huge favor when you put in the time and effort to make this board.  I'd stop trying to cater to the loud, petty, minority and just do what you want.  People will still post here as the other Bengals boards are complete shit.
Reply/Quote
Just to be clear, as I said earlier in the thread, neg rep hasn't went anywhere...just unavailable temporarily. It should be back up soon, tomorrow or Friday probably.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll put it more succinctly, if you complain about neg rep then you're a complete loser.  

I will add to that: If you complain about any facet of rep then you're a complete loser. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 12:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I will add to that: If you complain about any facet of rep then you're a complete loser. 

Aww, it's cute what you're trying to do here but given how much you kvetched about red in the past you're only labeling yourself as a complete loser.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll put it more succinctly, if you complain about neg rep then you're a complete loser.  If you complain that other people are looking at things on a public message board you're a complete loser.  It reminds me of the inane college kids and their safe spaces and microaggressions.  Oddly enough the people that remind me the most of those kids are the type of people who would complain about those kids the most.

Quite sincerely 'holic, (and I know I didn't quote him so shut up ;P) you did everyone a huge favor when you put in the time and effort to make this board.  I'd stop trying to cater to the loud, petty, minority and just do what you want.  People will still post here as the other Bengals boards are complete shit.

+10 rep

So everyone can see it Ninja

But now they know our secret. Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 12:04 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: No decision has been made to permanently remove neg rep. It's down temporarily until I get some new coding finished. Just the basic rep will be available for the time being.

You guys are doing a good job. The system was fine. Rep comments have always been public here, so it was just something new for us to take into consideration as soon as we started posting here. Neg rep is a good thing.

The only legitimate suggestion (in my opinion... and that's all that matters to me), is a limit on how many times I can rep one individual in a row. Now I like that I can rep the same person 2 or 3 times in a row, but maybe "spreading the love" before you can do so again would be a good thing.

Either way, keep up the good work.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By and large, you and the others do a terrific job managing this site.  No matter how well you tweak the system, there will always be someone who feels like they are on the short end of the stick.  (I'm talking about people that feel adversely affected by neg rep)  Those folks should also remember that the best way to gain positive rep is to make quality posts, and avoid making inflammatory statements for the sake of getting a rise out of folk.  The system really is "Village Justice", in it's purest form.  As we are all part of a fan community here.  Y'all put this board together out of love for the unity of that fan community, to save us all from being "homeless".  Bless you all, and long live The Bengals Board!  (neg rep included)

Well said! This place is awesome and any complaints is just splitting hairs.

I think it's safe to say most of us are happy with how the board is run.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 12:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You guys are doing a good job. The system was fine. Rep comments have always been public here, so it was just something new for us to take into consideration as soon as we started posting here. Neg rep is a good thing.

The only legitimate suggestion (in my opinion... and that's all that matters to me), is a limit on how many times I can rep one individual in a row. Now I like that I can rep the same person 2 or 3 times in a row, but maybe "spreading the love" before you can do so again would be a good thing.

Either way, keep up the good work.

I would say not being able to neg rep someone back within an hour of them neg repping you would be a good enhancement, it just becomes a dumb war to some then.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:04 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Look, your obsession with my rep and activities is making me uncomfortable.  You monitored my rep and if you didn't like something I did, you let me know about it.  Its  not up to you to police my rep.   Leave me alone.  The fact that you care so much about when, how, and who I give rep to is actually what is pathetic.  It's a little alarming too, especially since the rep in question wasn't even given to you.  

Your pathetic rep spamming is making me uncomfortable.  That an adult would care so much about numbers on a screen to spam rep is pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:04 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Your pathetic rep spamming is making me uncomfortable.  That an adult would care so much about numbers on a screen to spam rep is pathetic.

It's how they circle jerk in Jungle Noob. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:30 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Aww, it's cute what you're trying to do here but given how much you kvetched about red in the past you're only labeling yourself as a complete loser.

Just be happy this forum allows you to speak your mind... I've been on a couple steeler forums who have blocked bengal fans from the forum for speaking their mind.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:04 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Your pathetic rep spamming is making me uncomfortable.  That an adult would care so much about numbers on a screen to spam rep is pathetic.

if we cant care about meanless numbers on a screen...

what can we care about. lol
Reply/Quote