Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals are interested in Warford
[Image: DEBF891-C-BA10-45-B7-8-E4-D-7802762-BBBC9.jpg]

If the Bengals sign Warford this will go down as the greatest offseason ever.
Reply/Quote
Come on, lets do this! Joe
Reply/Quote
My stomach fluttered just reading this thread title.
Reply/Quote
While I prefer Peters, and his pass blocking/weight issues concern me a bit.....he is 29 and coming off 3 straight Pro Bowls and is an elite run blocker. If the price is right and the years not too long, and we have a relatively painless out after a year (or two), I'd be in.

And as long as we can still have room for Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 08:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: While I prefer Peters, and his pass blocking/weight issues concern me a bit.....he is 29 and coming off 3 straight Pro Bowls and is an elite run blocker. If the price is right and the years not too long, and we have a relatively painless out after a year (or two), I'd be in.

I like Peters too but Warford like you said is 10 years younger and is a top 10 Guard easily right now.

Kentucky native as well, so we might have a home town thought from him.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 08:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: While I prefer Peters, and his pass blocking/weight issues concern me a bit.....he is 29 and coming off 3 straight Pro Bowls and is an elite run blocker. If the price is right and the years not too long, and we have a relatively painless out after a year (or two), I'd be in.

The Price is definitely wrong, which is why we need help along our interior Oline in the first place Tongue
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 08:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Peters too but Warford like you said is 10 years younger and is a top 10 Guard easily right now.

Kentucky native as well, so we might have a home town thought from him.

This^

And most importantly he his clearly better than anything we have at G. And I’m not giving up on Jordan just yet but if you can clearly upgrade the line to better protect your rookie franchise QB you do it.

This would be icing on top of a better offseason than any bengals fan could have reasonably expected with this FO. Get it done Bengals!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Warford would put the off season over the top. Hope they can reach an agreement.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
This is getting me excited.

Which, as a Bengals fan, terrifies me. Everytime I get excited, something awful happens (a rash a fumbles, getting stuffed at the 1, Krumrie breaks his leg, Wilson cocaine bender, Billups drops a pick, Steeler's cheapshot Palmer's knee, Marvin/Burfict/Hill WC meltdown).

If we landed Warford, it could, potentially, take OL off the table for high round picks next year. Warford locks down RG for a handful of years. If Jonah is who we think he is LT is set. Hopkins is fine at C. Jordan continues his uptick at LG, and Johnson wins RT.

As for backups, XSF at G and Hart at T (and maybe guard) are just fine on day 1. Adejini is in the pipeline. And hopefully a healthy Price is much better.

Anyway, if we are top 10, we could pick a high end DE, CB, or WR. Teens we could take a high end LB (Parsons) or TE.

Lot of IFs, but not THAT far fetched.
Reply/Quote
Lets get this guy. Saw he wants around 7 million a year, yea were giving Bobby Hart 7 million a year and he's trash.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
$5.8 mil for Hart this year. But close enough.

Worford is a good player, but not a great one. Pro Bowl not All-Pro.

But he is certainly an upgrade on what we got, if one with some red flags. Unquestionably an elite run blocker.
Reply/Quote
Get it done Mike!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Let's do it! What are you waiting for??!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 08:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: $5.8 mil for Hart this year. But close enough.

Worford is a good player, but not a great one. Pro Bowl not All-Pro.

But he is certainly an upgrade on what we got, if one with some red flags. Unquestionably an elite run blocker.

He's better then XSF and Mike Jordan, that's enough for me. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Plug him in at RG, let XSF and Jordan compete at LG. I’d go ahead and cut Hart to free up the money, let Johnson and Adeniji compete at RT.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 09:02 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Get it done Mike!
Get it it done, Katie!.....fixed it!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Oh my God please.... just please let this happen PLEASE
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2020, 09:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Plug him in at RG, let XSF and Jordan compete at LG. I’d go ahead and cut Hart to free up the money, let Johnson and Adeniji compete at RT.

Agree with this whole heartedly. Lock this guy up and feed Mixon the rock this year.
Reply/Quote
Getting him would go a long ways towards fixing our Oline issues. Would be great ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I was a huge Warford fan coming out of college. That was the year everyone was all a flutter about Jonathan Cooper and Chance Warmack. Cooper can't find a job and Warmack is a journeyman. WHile Warford was PFF Rookie of the Year and been a Pro Bowler 3 straight years. He'll sign if we offer suitable compensation. He chose UK over Auburn after all.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote