Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(03-04-2024, 12:20 PM)Housh Wrote: Mike Evans 2 year 52M extension

That seems high for his age but he probably does have right about 2 more elite years left so good deal for Tampa who absolutely couldn’t lose him

So to the Bucs 13TDs, 1255 yards, and 79 catches is with 26M per year.

Tee in the year before last(16 games) was 7TDs, 1029 yards and 74 catches and If healthy probably would’ve done better than that this year. Gotta remember he was hurt in a bunch of the games he played in too. He probably should’ve only played 13 games this year maybe less.

So how much is that stat line worth to the Bengals?

With Evans setting the market i feel a good start for Tee is 26M per

Now factor in his stats are worse cause he shares the field with Chase. His stats here are always gonna be “regular”.

21-23M per on a 4 year deal sound alright?

A 3yr/70M deal i think is something he can get somewhere. I don’t think he’s getting Mike Evans money because of production and injury threat.

Honestly my head is telling me to go even lower but i have to think about this type of stuff as if Tee will be healthy all year.

Evans led the league in TDs and is a what, 5 time all-Pro? 

He is much better than Higgins. And more productive last year. And healthier. Only negative is age. And 30-31 is not ancient.
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins is not on the same level as Mike Evans and shouldnt be paid anywhere near 26 million. You can talk about Tee being younger but what good is that if he is not producing at the same level as Evans and is injured more often?

Tee doesn't produce at the same level as Evans, misses more time but should be paid the same as an All-Pro WR because he is younger? That's ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, if it was me I would be very open to trading Tee and bringing in Mike Evans. Upgrade as far as production goes and we could add
another player to help the team in the trenches while drafting a future Boyd/Tee replacement for when Evans starts to fall off, but that
might be a while with how WR's last now a days. Evans just had his best season of his career last year and he has been great his entire
career, so this is saying something.
Reply/Quote
Evans has re-upped with Tampa at 52 mill with 35 guaranteed for 2 years. Arians has already said that Evans and Mayfield were priority for them. I don't think he was expecting the bidding war that's coming for Baker's services with ATL and NE.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2024, 04:42 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Evans has re-upped with Tampa at 52 mill with 35 guaranteed for 2 years. Arians has already said that Evans and Mayfield were priority for them. I don't think he was expecting the bidding war that's coming for Baker's services with ATL and NE.

Ah, thanks for the update Coach. I would of been fine paying Evans that honestly, he is worth it with his production.
Reply/Quote
For us, I think this makes Tee a little more appealing on the trade market. There were 5+ teams that we supposedly going to make a run at Evans. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those teams call the Bengals and see what kind of trade can be orchestrated.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
With Mike Williams already getting locked up, the conditions for trading Tee Higgins become a little more clear.

Quote:ESPN’s Dan Graziano has been buzzing about Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins. The franchise tagged Higgins earlier than expected, which sparked speculation that a trade might be in the works. The Bengals made this move just before the scouting combine, where they could engage with other teams that might be interested. While the Bengals’ director of player personnel, Duke Tobin, attributed the early tag to the salary cap’s significant increase, Graziano and Jeremy Fowler noted that league insiders believe it signals the Bengals are open for business. With a potential extension for Ja’Marr Chase looming, the Bengals may face challenges keeping their receiving corps intact around Joe Burrow. Although they can likely afford to pay both Higgins and Chase simultaneously, a trade could happen if they want something in return for losing Higgins. The most likely scenario, however, is that Higgins will remain in Cincinnati for at least one more year, with a July 15 deadline to work out a long-term extension or play next season on the tag12.

Additionally, the New York Giants have been named as a top team that should attempt a trade for Higgins. An NFL writer even outlined a potential proposal for such a trade3. The buzz around Higgins continues, but for now, he remains a key part of the Bengals’ receiving duo.

From Microsoft Start Partners
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm still going with the outcome that Tee remains on the roster this season.

Bonus: Us fans will speculate that he's upset about the tag if he has bad body language on the sideline during a game, if he runs a poor route, or misses time with injury. It will be a season-long discussion on Bengals Board. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 11:45 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm still going with the outcome that Tee remains on the roster this season.

Bonus: Us fans will speculate that he's upset about the tag if he has bad body language on the sideline during a game, if he runs a poor route, or misses time with injury. It will be a season-long discussion on Bengals Board. Smirk

or forgets hes suppose to catch the ball like the start of 2023
Reply/Quote
After seeing Mike Evans get $26 mill APY, I'm heavily convinced Higgins' camp is looking for ~$25 mill APY, likely on a 3-4 year deal.
I don't think the Bengals are interested in signing another WR at a price like that with Chase's impending deal coming.

If it were to happen though, it probably needs to be front-loaded so that it's less of a cap hit when Chase's $$ starts ramping up.

FWIW, I was dead wrong about Evans' contract too. I thought it was gonna be ~$18-20 mill APY.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 12:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: or forgets hes suppose to catch the ball like the start of 2023

You meant all season.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 11:45 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm still going with the outcome that Tee remains on the roster this season.

If the Bengals keep Tee for one season and lose a 1st round draft pick because of it and Tee misses more games with a hamstring injury and drops balls and shows poor body language on the sideline, you can bet many fans will not be happy and will be talking about it.   One season of Tee is not worth giving up a 1st round draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 04:10 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If the Bengals keep Tee for one season and lose a 1st round draft pick because of it and Tee misses more games with a hamstring injury and drops balls and shows poor body language on the sideline, you can bet many fans will not be happy and will be talking about it.   One season of Tee is not worth giving up a 1st round draft pick.

That's assuming someone offers a 1st rounder for Tee. If they have that offer and refuse it to keep him one more year without an extension then the FO are a bunch of fools.

Id give Tee up for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick if the only other alternative is one year and hes off somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
I still think that IF the Bengals trade Tee the trade I pursue is...

Bengals send: Tee Higgins & 2024 6th rd pick #196
Panthers send: 2nd rd pick #33 & 3rd rd pick #65

The Bengals ae probably looking for more for Higgins, a known commodity. I think they should seek multiple draft picks for sure. I doubt they get a 1st from someone. But, who knows!
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 05:03 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I still think that IF the Bengals trade Tee the trade I pursue is...

The Bengals ae probably looking for more for Higgins, a known commodity. I think they should seek multiple draft picks for sure. I doubt they get a 1st from someone. But, who knows!

I'd be okay with this!
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 05:03 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I still think that IF the Bengals trade Tee the trade I pursue is...

Possibly, but the Panthers need SO many pieces that they may be reluctant to give up a pair of picks.  Perhaps we could have better luck with the Giants?  They have 2 second round picks, if they would offer #39 and #70, that would still give the Bengals 5 picks in the top 80.  With that much early draft capital, the Bengals would be free to move up and down for whomever they wanted on day 2.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 05:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Possibly, but the Panthers need SO many pieces that they may be reluctant to give up a pair of picks.  Perhaps we could have better luck with the Giants?  They have 2 second round picks, if they would offer #39 and #70, that would still give the Bengals 5 picks in the top 80.  With that much early draft capital, the Bengals would be free to move up and down for whomever they wanted on day 2.

That sounds like a plan. Ought to be able to grab a good combo of DT, WR, CB/S, RB, TE on day two.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 10:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Mike Williams already getting locked up, the conditions for trading Tee Higgins become a little more clear.

Slayton and a 2nd for Higgins get it done !! Picks 39 and 70 would work as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 05:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Possibly, but the Panthers need SO many pieces that they may be reluctant to give up a pair of picks.  Perhaps we could have better luck with the Giants?  They have 2 second round picks, if they would offer #39 and #70, that would still give the Bengals 5 picks in the top 80.  With that much early draft capital, the Bengals would be free to move up and down for whomever they wanted on day 2.

The Panthers also don't have a #1 WR. Which they need desperately. If I were Duke I'm calling Carolina about a Tee for Derrick Brown deal.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2024, 05:42 PM)J24 Wrote: The Panthers also don't have a #1 WR. Which they need desperately. If I'm were Duke I'm calling Carolina about a Tee for Derrick Brown deal.

Not a bad idea.
Reply/Quote