Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-08-2021, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Last year

Yeah I know Tee Higgins. I said right out the gate.Tee took a couple games to get settled in then he started to produce.
Point being I think it well worth the investment of a Pitts or Chase RD 1  cause you are getting targets that can already
Impact the passing game right away week 1
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They had 2 All Pros in Schwartz and Osemili. They reason they lost the Super Bowl this year was that those 2 were out with injury.

Watching that Super Bowl was like watching Burrow run for his life every week last season.

They've tried to cut corners and go on the cheap the last two seasons on the OL. 
If they do it again this year, it'll be another season of saying during the games, "God damn, these guys just can't block anyone!" and "Everyone's open!  Why doesn't Joe just get rid of it?!?"

I don't see how they improve with the OL in it's current state.  Pollack or not.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Great point. Wilson and Watson know a hell of a lot more about playing in the NFL than Burrow and they are both demanding better pass blocking instead of WRs.

It's not so much about what they want. It's that they want something and accepting their input. That's how you prevent "I refuse to play for you" situations with QBs.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Great point. Wilson and Watson know a hell of a lot more about playing in the NFL than Burrow and they are both demanding better pass blocking instead of WRs.

The Watson rift started when they traded away Hopkins and continued this off season when they promised to involve him with their GM/HC search, then ignored him.  It really doesn't involve OL, although they went from first to last in the AFCS after trading away Hopkins and trading for Tunsil.

Wilson has 2 All Pro WR's already, so it doesn't make sense for him to want more weapons instead of OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 11:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's not so much about what they want. It's that they want something and accepting their input. That's how you prevent "I refuse to play for you" situations with QBs.

But Burrow has not done anything to earn the influence Wilson and Watson are TRYING to wield.

No team is going to let a rookie run the front office.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 12:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: Wilson has 2 All Pro WR's already, so it doesn't make sense for him to want more weapons instead of OL.

According to some fans here O-line doesn't matter if you have 2 All Pro WRs. So why is Wilson upset?
Reply/Quote
Anthony Munoz pushing for Sewell in the latest Ring of Honor video. Hopefully someone is listening.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: According to some fans here O-line doesn't matter if you have 2 All Pro WRs. So why is Wilson upset?

I don't think I've seen anyone say OL doesn't matter if you have All Pro WR's. 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 12:44 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Anthony Munoz pushing for Sewell in the latest Ring of Honor video. Hopefully someone is listening.

After Sewell's Pro Day and Pollack working with him I think he should be the pick now. Love Chase and would be happy with him
too but Sewell is in shape and think will take care of Burrow along with Jonah and Reiff. Build the trenches then get the weapons 
is how I am leaning after the Sewell Pro Day.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 12:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But Burrow has not done anything to earn the influence Wilson and Watson are TRYING to wield.

I agree, buy didn't Cleveland hand Freddie Kitchens the job cause Baker liked him?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 01:49 PM)jason Wrote: I agree, buy didn't Cleveland hand Freddie Kitchens the job cause Baker liked him?

I think so, but that's Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 01:50 PM)Earendil Wrote: I think so, but that's Cleveland.

That's the thing... Low self esteem franchises do it. Look at Green Bay. They shit all over Aaron Rogers' feelings. You want another weapon? Let's draft your eventual replacement instead.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 12:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But Burrow has not done anything to earn the influence Wilson and Watson are TRYING to wield.

It obviously requires some projection, but most people in the NFL consider Burrow a future star QB. Hopefully, the Bengals front office agrees. For that reason, he deserves a say in how the team that will be built around him should be built.

As far as we know, Burrow hasn't threatened anything, so he's not trying to wield the same influence those two are. But I personally hope that our front office never lets it get to that antagonistic point. Head it off by listening to him now.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 02:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It obviously requires some projection, but most people in the NFL consider Burrow a future star QB. Hopefully, the Bengals front office agrees. For that reason, he deserves a say in how the team that will be built around him should be built.

As far as we know, Burrow hasn't threatened anything, so he's not trying to wield the same influence those two are. But I personally hope that our front office never lets it get to that antagonistic point. Head it off by listening to him now.

Pretty damn sure Joe would also be all for being protected by a player like Sewell too.

I think we all are reading too much into this. I think most of us keeping Chase as a possibility have great points.

Pitts is the guy I love the most but I think he will be gone so moot point.

We just weren't closing our minds and saying Sewell or nothing like some were and are.
Reply/Quote
Let's just put it this way.

If it is true and Burrow is stoked at the idea of playing again with Chase.

Sewell and Chase are right there at #5.

They pass on Chase, pick Sewell, he flops or at the very least isn't ready to start on the line.

Joe can be upset with the FO and deep down hold a grudge.

Scenario 2 they choose Chase to somehow appease Burrow yet he gets clobbered behind a porous O-line.

Joe can carry a share of the burden/blame.

Which route will they go?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 02:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Let's just put it this way.

They pass on Chase, pick Sewell, he flops or at the very least isn't ready to start on the line.

Scenario 2 they choose Chase to somehow appease Burrow yet he gets clobbered behind a porous O-line.

I find it highly unlikely Sewell flops or isn't ready to start. He would start at Guard at the very least and be an upgrade.

Also believe barring injuries we are in a much better place this year then last year and this Draft is deep at OT.

Cannot go wrong either way, Sewell or Chase would both help this team cause we got Reiff.

We will see, don't see either scenario happening though.

Both are pretty sure things and I like Pitts even more than both considering the depth of this OT class.
Reply/Quote
Draft Sewell and hope that Marshall or Toney somehow fall to 38.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 03:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Draft Sewell and hope that Marshall or Toney somehow fall to 38.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Well there is some news out that might actually influence the front office a little on the debate, it will have no impact on the state of the message board lol.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 02:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Let's just put it this way.

How many teams would hire Joe Burrow to be their GM?

Any front office worth a damn would draft the player they want and not even consider Burrows feelings.

People love to criticize Taylor for having Burrow throw 40+ times a game, but if they left it up to Joe I bet he would want to throw it 50.  We all love his confidence. He probably thinks he can win games with his arm alone.  In fact a lot of great QBs probably feel the same way.  Just like a lot of great WRs think they should get the ball every time.  And that is why players play but they don't coach or run the front office.
Reply/Quote