Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reporter On New Email Dump That Reveals Secret Inner Workings Of The EPA
(05-10-2018, 06:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: I gave a link to the article, in said article these points provide a link for more detail.

Overall, I'd be willing to accept a possible honest explanation for one or two points, maybe. This list is just overwhelmingly long. And it really just deals with his conduct as head of the EPA. There's plenty of questionable stuff before that. It's a bit of a Suh situation, you can get the benefit of the doubt only that many times. Step on your fourth QB and people reasonably stop believing in your innocence.

That being said, my point is made and I don't intend to get deeper involved in some of your ridiculously questionable gov appointments. It's not him fascinating me.

Lastly, eco terrorists? How many casualties do they cause with their terror attacks.
Pruitt underlined his need for super protection - hopefully at least among other things - by providing a picture of his where someone drew a mustache on him. Scary, scary stuff.

Eco terriorists love to use arson. The FBI and other law enforcement seem to think they are a serious threat.

There were about 3-4 things on that list that needs firther scrutiny. A lot of that list was duplicated issues and as you said here are some honest explanations.

Not sure why you think he needs to be fired before all the facts werthe in is beyond me.

If I were Pruitt I would start firing EPA people yesterday. Hire some people who aren’t environmental zealots.

Hopefully the epa will be so weakened by 2024 it will be a shell of itself. That would be a job well done by Pruitt.
(05-10-2018, 08:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Eco terriorists love to use arson.   The FBI and other law enforcement seem to think they are a serious threat.  

There were about 3-4 things on that list that needs firther scrutiny.  A lot of that list was duplicated issues and as you said here are some honest explanations.    

Not sure why you think he needs to be fired before all the facts werthe in is beyond me.    

If I were Pruitt I would start firing EPA people yesterday.   Hire some people who aren’t environmental zealots.  

Hopefully the epa will be so weakened by 2024 it will be a shell of itself.  That would be a job well done by Pruitt.

Yeah right... arson. that's 100% eco-terorists, that's their sign. And that threat is indeed just as high as the Islamic terrorist threat. Yeah well, so. Have always a bunch of guys around him protecting him from arson. Yeah that certainly isn't your government wasting money at all.

Pruitt should have never been hired in the first place. Not because of that "dismantling the EPA because regulations to protect the environment are BS"-BS and that his view on the matter is incredibly simplistic, interest-driven and blind-sighted, but because his conduct already was questionable at best. And knowing that, he still manages to fill a long list with even more questionable conduct in quite an amazingly short period of time, with things that at the very best were easily avoidable, but often look quite intentionally nefarious. Of course, of course that gets frowned upon more and more.

You, on the other hand, are argueing we all should be willing to tolerate all of that as long as he keeps up his good work of no longer protecting your rivers from poisoning.
Great position you have there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-10-2018, 08:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Eco terriorists love to use arson.   The FBI and other law enforcement seem to think they are a serious threat.  

There were about 3-4 things on that list that needs firther scrutiny.  A lot of that list was duplicated issues and as you said here are some honest explanations.    

If I were Pruitt I would start firing EPA people yesterday.   Hire some people who aren’t environmental zealots.  

Hopefully the epa will be so weakened by 2024 it will be a shell of itself.  That would be a job well done by Pruitt.

Solid points. Well educated scientists should be fired so special interests can make money and not have to worry about little stupid shit like environmental impact. I hadnt thought of it like that. 

You swayed me with your super solid reasoning. I for one will be a happy camper when we end this radical need for clean water and clean air. 

And just for extra ammo when i use your concepts to argue with friends for keeping Pruitt around, what are some of those nefarious regulations we will celebrate being axed at the small cost of selling out our environmental protection agency to special interests?
(05-10-2018, 08:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah right... arson. that's 100% eco-terorists, that's their sign. And that threat is indeed just as high as the Islamic terrorist threat. Yeah well, so. Have always a bunch of guys around him protecting him from arson. Yeah that certainly isn't your government wasting money at all.

Pruitt should have never been hired in the first place. Not because of that "dismantling the EPA because regulations to protect the environment are BS"-BS and that his view on the matter is incredibly simplistic, interest-driven and blind-sighted, but because his conduct already was questionable at best. And knowing that, he still manages to fill a long list with even more questionable conduct in quite an amazingly short period of time, with things that at the very best were easily avoidable, but often look quite intentionally nefarious. Of course, of course that gets frowned upon more and more.

You, on the other hand, are argueing we all should be willing to tolerate all of that as long as he keeps up his good work of no longer protecting your rivers from poisoning.
Great position you have there.

(05-10-2018, 09:42 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Solid points. Well educated scientists should be fired so special interests can make money and not have to worry about little stupid shit like environmental impact. I hadnt thought of it like that. 

You swayed me with your super solid reasoning. I for one will be a happy camper when we end this radical need for clean water and clean air. 

And just for extra ammo when i use your concepts to argue with friends for keeping Pruitt around, what are some of those nefarious regulations we will celebrate being axed at the small cost of selling out our environmental protection agency to special interests?

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/testimony/the-threat-of-eco-terrorism

Tons of these exist and attacks slowed during obama years, I imagine because he gave the environmentalists the world. Pruitt has a point given the fbi had enviornmental terrorism as its top threat gore years.

As I said until we see his threats we can’t say if he needs the extra security.
(05-10-2018, 01:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing.  Slowly declawing the EPA.  

Pruitt will get a lot more Done between now and 2024.  It’s exciting.

Leftists are just upset because worship at the feet of the EPA.  It’s one of their Gods.  

Love Pruitt. One of the best appointments.  

It’s Hilarious the media is upset.  They are just puppets of the environmental groups anyway.  Shrinking the EPA and lessening it’s grip is not some scandel.   He is doing a great job.

I find it funny that the reporter thinks his job is to regulate. Why can’t his job to be to lessen over. regulation.   It’s not like he is just wiping out every single regulation.  

Pruitt should be wary of security with the amount of former obama people. Leaking throughout the government.   Plus the EPA is likely filled with environmental zealots.  He is truly operating in the snakes den.

"Drain the swamp!! Hillary is corrupt!!!"

*Insider is appointed to head the EPA. Takes gifts/money from lobbyists. Uses the government to fund his vacations/travel and tries to hide it*

"Love Pruitt! One of the best!"
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-10-2018, 08:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  If I were Pruitt I would start firing EPA people yesterday.   Hire some people who aren’t environmental zealots.  

Right.  Why should we have any environmentalist working at the Environmental PROTECTION Agency?
(05-11-2018, 09:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right.  Why should we have any environmentalist working at the Environmental PROTECTION Agency?

Enviornmentalists are not a rational bunch.
(05-11-2018, 05:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Enviornmentalists are not a rational bunch.

So "rational people" are the ones who have to wear breathing masks in China right now and the ones who watched rivers burn here in the US before we had the EPA?

Poison water and air are "rational" as long as a small portion of the population is getting richer because of it?
(05-11-2018, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So "rational people" are the ones who have to wear breathing masks in China right now and the ones who watched rivers burn here in the US before we had the EPA?

Poison water and air are "rational" as long as a small portion of the population is getting richer because of it?

China has almost zero enviornmental protection. I didn’t say we needed zero.

I believe the enviornment is an issue that needs to be sorted out and protected. I just do not believe it’s the doomsday level that so many of these enviornmentalists believe. We need some guidelines and regulations but we don’t need the amount we currently have on the books. Let’s figure out what makes sense and what is just over the top. The makes reasonable sense stuff is what I support. I also think we need to revote on these every ten years to make sure it is still reasonable and working as intended.
(05-11-2018, 05:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: China has almost zero enviornmental protection.  I didn’t say we needed zero.  

I believe the enviornment is an issue that needs to be sorted out and protected.  I just do not believe it’s the doomsday level that so many of these enviornmentalists believe.   We need some guidelines and regulations but we don’t need the amount we currently have on the books.  Let’s figure out what makes sense and what is just over the top.   The makes reasonable sense stuff is what I support.  I also think we need to revote on these every ten years to make sure it is still reasonable and working as intended.

So who should decide what is reasonable?  Environmental scientists or shills for industry?

You are so naïve I bet you would let tobacco companies tell you what was healthy as long as they made big profits.  You pretty much blindly swallow anything corporations feed you despite the many years of history we have showing that they value profit over human lives.
(05-11-2018, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So who should decide what is reasonable?  Environmental scientists or shills for industry?

You are so naïve I bet you would let tobacco companies tell you what was healthy as long as they made big profits.  You pretty much blindly swallow anything corporations feed you despite the many years of history we have showing that they value profit over human lives.

How about a combination of business leaders and enviornmentalists. Let’s figure out a reasonable happy medium between killing business and killing the earth.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2018/06/01/epas-pruitt-spent-1560-on-12-customized-fountain-pens-from-washington-jewelry-store/

Scott Pruitt spent $3,000 at a jewelry store, including $1,500 on custom fountain pens with his signature and seal on it...

HE'S DRAINING THE SWAMP!!!11!1!!!!!
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-01-2018, 02:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2018/06/01/epas-pruitt-spent-1560-on-12-customized-fountain-pens-from-washington-jewelry-store/

Scott Pruitt spent $3,000 at a jewelry store, including $1,500 on custom fountain pens with his signature and seal on it...

12 customized silver fountain pens for $1560? I bet they write like shit...
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-01-2018, 02:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2018/06/01/epas-pruitt-spent-1560-on-12-customized-fountain-pens-from-washington-jewelry-store/

(06-01-2018, 02:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: 12 customized silver fountain pens for $1560? I bet they write like shit...

"EPA spokesman Jahan Wilcox defended the purchases, saying in a statement Friday morning that they “were made for the purpose of serving as gifts to the Administrator’s foreign counterparts and dignitaries upon his meeting with them. This adheres to the same protocol of former EPA Administrators and were purchased using funds budgeted for such a purpose.”

Now I am no fan of Pruit by any means, nor Trumps anti-environmental stances as its all fake news to him.

But the only thing I would like to know was what kind of things like this were purchased under Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. I have to think a lot of things like this have been done for decades now, its just more newsworthy to report nowadays because of Trump and his minions running things.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-01-2018, 02:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: "EPA spokesman Jahan Wilcox defended the purchases, saying in a statement Friday morning that they “were made for the purpose of serving as gifts to the Administrator’s foreign counterparts and dignitaries upon his meeting with them. This adheres to the same protocol of former EPA Administrators and were purchased using funds budgeted for such a purpose.”

Now I am no fan of Pruit by any means, nor Trumps anti-environmental stances as its all fake news to him.

But the only thing I would like to know was what kind of things like this were purchased under Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. I have to think a lot of things like this have been done for decades now, its just more newsworthy to report nowadays because of Trump and his minions running things.

Oh, I know. Being a pen nerd I know about the pens that have been used and handed out for bill signings and what not. I actually know what these things tend to cost, which is why my commentary was what it was.

That all being said, I am against these sort of gifts on many levels, always have been.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-01-2018, 02:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, I know. Being a pen nerd I know about the pens that have been used and handed out for bill signings and what not. I actually know what these things tend to cost, which is why my commentary was what it was.

That all being said, I am against these sort of gifts on many levels, always have been.

I once bought a pen for like 30 bucks or something, thinking this will be the pen to end all pens. I was back to the ones you get in a 5 pack for a few bucks within a week lol.

But yeah, those kind of gifts are over the top. Maybe from the President is ok, but EPA or a departmental head?  Trump campaigned on wasteful spending, but some things never will change I guess.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-01-2018, 03:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I once bought a pen for like 30 bucks or something, thinking this will be the pen to end all pens. I was back to the ones you get in a 5 pack for a few bucks within a week lol.

But yeah, those kind of gifts are over the top. Maybe from the President is ok, but EPA or a departmental head?  Trump campaigned on wasteful spending, but some things never will change I guess.

Yeah, I have pens that cost close to $200, and that is relatively inexpensive in the realm of fine fountain pens. That being said, my every day fountain pen was around $70. None of these pens are made of silver (though some have gold nibs), they are made of a type of plastic, steel, or aluminum. So a pen costing over $100 a pop made of silver? That's going to be a crappy writer, and I'm all about function over form.

Anyway, I don't buy pens that are wicked expensive much, anymore, but I am still very picky about my writing instruments. Like preferring pigmented ink that is of an archival quality and a very fine point.

(06-01-2018, 03:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I once bought a pen for like 30 bucks or something, thinking this will be the pen to end all pens. I was back to the ones you get in a 5 pack for a few bucks within a week lol.

Being a lefty, I'm quite finicky about pens.  When I find one that I like, it's really tough to make me move away from it.  Personally, I like the Pilot G-2.  It's always smooth and even, even with the pushing action associated with Left handed writing.  At work, they quit stocking the supply closet with them.  I now purchase them by the economy package.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-01-2018, 03:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Being a lefty, I'm quite finicky about pens.  When I find one that I like, it's really tough to make me move away from it.  Personally, I like the Pilot G-2.  It's always smooth and even, even with the pushing action associated with Left handed writing.  At work, they quit stocking the supply closet with them.  I now purchase them by the economy package.

So there is a better version of the G-2, at least the refill part, in some other markets. The pen is called the Pilot Juice. It comes in a wide variety of colors and line widths, but the ink is a better quality, much better quality. I get them and ditch the body, using the refills in some reusable bodies made to take the refills that I have. They are the same size refill as the G-2, so any pen barrel you have that takes the refill, these fit in. I use it a lot because the ink is archival quality.

Anyway, it's not for everyone, but just figured I'd pass it along.

(06-01-2018, 07:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So there is a better version of the G-2, at least the refill part, in some other markets. The pen is called the Pilot Juice. It comes in a wide variety of colors and line widths, but the ink is a better quality, much better quality. I get them and ditch the body, using the refills in some reusable bodies made to take the refills that I have. They are the same size refill as the G-2, so any pen barrel you have that takes the refill, these fit in. I use it a lot because the ink is archival quality.

Anyway, it's not for everyone, but just figured I'd pass it along.

I'll definitely give them a try.  Appreciate the info.   ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23