Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports: Zeitler might be an option soon
Getting 3 prime (for a guard) years for 10.67M avg is choice. It would help with PR and solidify a need. The Browns should be able to at least get a comp 4th out of the deal, so offering a 4th or a 5th and 6th is well worth it. I'd still look at a swing tackle (better than Andre) or better to finish off the line. Even if they draft a tackle you don't have a consistent OL signed long term. With Zeitler you would.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 05:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns are looking to trade or even release him.

Might be a legit option given he is a prior Bengal and Brown does like to be familiar with players he brings in.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/06/report-kevin-zeitlers-name-has-been-thrown-around-in-trade-talks/

After Mike Brown low balled him on an extension offer, then didn't even offer him a deal when he was a free agent? Mike Brown has a way about him that burns bridges. Hell, he even burnt his bridge with me by being such a dumb f-k with an arrogant attitude.

Zeitler will have other options, possibly from a contender.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I was unaware of those latter details.  So, if a team didn't get what they wanted in Free Agency or the Draft, they could feasibly bargain with the Browns and get a great Guard for about half price?  I say half price, as the Browns would still be on the hook for their part of his salary.

I'm not sure how much of the guaranteed was paid out besides the bonus. If it's just the bonus the Browns are on the hook for the salary for the new team would be like 10mil for 2019/2020 and 12mil in 2021.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The rumor is he is part of a potential OBJ deal.
Reply/Quote
Bring him back and draft the best OT in the first and another C in the 2nd or 3rd so Price can move the G. Problem solved.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 07:55 PM)Synric Wrote: If they wait until June the dead cap would be 6 and they save 6.5. If they can find a trade partner in June the dead cap would be 2.4 and they save 10 before June its 7.2 dead cap 5.2 savings.

Can you explain that a little further? Is it because it's a new league year? Or do contracts have something specific in them about June?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: The rumor is he is part of a potential OBJ deal.

Ahhh....that makes sense. They have A LOT of cap space. I was wondering why they'd do this to dump him.
Reply/Quote
Zeitler and additional player...and draft picks for Beckham Jr is the rumor.
Reply/Quote
After cutting Jamie Collins, the Browns have over $80 million in cap space. Only the Jets and Colts, which both have over $100 million available have more room.
Reply/Quote
Im jealous that John Dorsey is really building a playoff type roster in Cleveland.
savy moves. adding upper tier talent yet having monster cap space.
meanwhile Hobson tells us the Bengals have $137.63 cents to spend in FA.
sigh
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 07:12 PM)Synric Wrote: It makes little sense for the Browns to trade or cut Kevin Zeitler at least before June...

The NFL changed the rules on that. They can release him now and just designate him a "June 1 cut" and the cap rules will still apply. I believe it was done to increase opportunities for players being cut for cap reasons, so they could participate in the free agent frenzy.
Reply/Quote
I don't believe Zeitler holds any ill will towards the team. I just don't think he fully immersed himself into the city because he knew he wasn't getting a second contract. His agent told him to not expect a second deal shortly after he was drafted.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 01:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Im jealous that John Dorsey is really building a playoff type roster in Cleveland.
savy moves. adding upper tier talent yet having monster cap space.
meanwhile Hobson tells us the Bengals have $137.63 cents to spend in FA.
sigh

Could you imagine adding Hunt and OBJ in one offseason...

When’s the last time the Bengals have made a splash that big in trade or FA?

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 07:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah because they bengals just kept winning without him and Whit...oh wait

How many playoff games did we win again, when Big Z and Whit were on the line????
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 01:23 AM)Ravage Wrote: The NFL changed the rules on that. They can release him now and just designate him a "June 1 cut" and the cap rules will still apply. I believe it was done to increase opportunities for players being cut for cap reasons, so they could participate in the free agent frenzy.

Didnt know that. Is there a limit to players they can designate and can they designate post June 1st trades?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
As others have stated, the rumor is Zeitler and picks for OBJ. What a monster beginning of the off-season if they come through with that. Smart. They know they have a window with Baker being on his rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 10:31 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: As others have stated, the rumor is Zeitler and picks for OBJ. What a monster beginning of the off-season if they come through with that. Smart. They know they have a window with Baker being on his rookie contract.

It would benefit us to take a couple of pages out of that book. It remains to be seen how much the changes around here will extend beyond just replacing the coaching staff. We will soon find out.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 05:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Could you imagine adding Hunt and OBJ in one offseason...

When’s the last time the Bengals have made a splash that big in trade or FA?

Our scouts have probably never heard of Hunt and OBJ!  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 09:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How many playoff games did we win again, when Big Z and Whit were on the line????

You could say that about EVERY player here for the past 27 years!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 11:13 AM)HuDey Wrote: It would benefit us to take a couple of pages out of that book. It remains to be seen how much the changes around here will extend beyond just replacing the coaching staff. We will soon find out.

No man. Status quo.

Didn't you hear? We made the playoffs 5 years in a row.
Reply/Quote