Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports: Zeitler might be an option soon
(03-07-2019, 02:01 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't believe Zeitler holds any ill will towards the team. I just don't think he fully immersed himself into the city because he knew he wasn't getting a second contract. His agent told him to not expect a second deal shortly after he was drafted.

I believe it was Lap who said the Bengals knew when they drafted him he would not get a second deal here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 01:00 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Im jealous that John Dorsey is really building a playoff type roster in Cleveland.
savy moves. adding upper tier talent yet having monster cap space.
meanwhile Hobson tells us the Bengals have $137.63 cents to spend in FA.
sigh

One year he included Paul Brown renovations into the figures.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 08:04 PM)BengalChris Wrote: After Mike Brown low balled him on an extension offer, then didn't even offer him a deal when he was a free agent? Mike Brown has a way about him that burns bridges. Hell, he even burnt his bridge with me by being such a dumb f-k with an arrogant attitude.

Zeitler will have other options, possibly from a contender.

Your probably right. The philosophy of paying guards probably hasn't changed enough for us to be competitive.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 11:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You could say that about EVERY player here for the past 27 years!

That's true. Point is, when people say we were crazy for letting Zeitler and Whit go, I think you have to balance that with how the line performed while they were here. It still underperformed, even with Whit, Z, Clint and Andre
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 12:06 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Bring him back and draft the best OT in the first and another C in the 2nd or 3rd so Price can move the G. Problem solved.

That doesn't make sense? Zeitler would be starter at RG. Drafted OT would be starter at RT. Drafting a new C would move Price to...backup RG?
Price getting moved to backup after just one year?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Zeitler and Duke Johnson for OBJ is the rumor. I can't believe the Giants would do that unless multiple picks are involved.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 03:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Zeitler and Duke Johnson for OBJ is the rumor. I can't believe the Giants would do that unless multiple picks are involved.

Yea, i don't believe that for a second. I have seen Ogbah, Zeitler, 17 and a future pick. 
Reply/Quote
I'd give up a pick for him.. God we need him back.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 09:49 AM)Synric Wrote: Didnt know that. Is there a limit to players they can designate and can they designate post June 1st trades?

Teams can designate two players a year to be 'post June 1 cuts' and release them well before June.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 01:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's true. Point is, when people say we were crazy for letting Zeitler and Whit go, I think you have to balance that with how the line performed while they were here. It still underperformed, even with Whit, Z, Clint and Andre

How many playoff games did the Rams win with Whit at LT?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 11:32 AM)SladeX Wrote: How many playoff games did the Rams win with Whit at LT?

Whit is 1 guy......

He is not singlehandly winning anything.
Reply/Quote
Zeitler is going to the Giants for LB/edge rusher Oliver Vernon

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 01:32 PM)pally Wrote: Zeitler is going to the Giants for LB/edge rusher Oliver Vernon

Yea, not quite the blockbuster many thought.
Reply/Quote
dunno how i feel about giants move this offseason. Zeitler is a great fit for them tho and will go a long way to helping a rookie QB and barkley

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 02:28 PM)Okeana Wrote: dunno how i feel about giants move this offseason.  Zeitler is a great fit for them tho and will go a long way to helping a rookie QB and barkley

well losing Big Z for a Pass rusher whos over paid might not help the browns... other than helping them reach he cap floor.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 03:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well losing Big Z for a Pass rusher whos over paid might not help the browns... other than helping them reach he cap floor.

i like how you turn a post about the giants into a post about the browns lol

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 03:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: i like how you turn a post about the giants into a post about the browns lol

Well its the other half of the trade.  browns are involved in this. (who matter) vs the giants who really don't minus once every 4 years for us.
Reply/Quote
The browns have Zs replacement in Corbett i hate to admit it but they got a good deal here
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 03:25 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: The browns have Zs replacement in Corbett i hate to admit it but they got a good deal here

Having someone doesn't mean it'll be a good replacement....we know that far to well. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 05:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns are looking to trade or even release him.

Might be a legit option given he is a prior Bengal and Brown does like to be familiar with players he brings in.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/06/report-kevin-zeitlers-name-has-been-thrown-around-in-trade-talks/

Great pass protector, but lacks in the running game.

Still would be for bringing Zeit back just not at near the price the Stains paid him.

He was crazy overpaid by them.
Reply/Quote