Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican collateral damage from Trump
Having Trump as the GOP candidate will have wide ranging effects.

It is being argued that he is having so much effect on the down ticket that the Democrats could possibly take the Senate. That will make it much easier for Hillary to agenda passed and her Supreme court nominations on the bench.

Also if Hillary wins in as big of a landslide as it is starting to look like she will not just be able to claim a victory. she will be able to claim that she has a "mandate" from the voters.
I have mentioned this before, but the RNC will go to a superdelegate system to prevent this from happening again.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
A local Democrat incumbent and I were talking about his race last week. He was concerned that all the national "throw out the incumbents" combined with Kentucky's "throw out the Democrats" vibe would hurt him. I don't think he has much to worry about. Republicans seem pretty morose about their options in federal representation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-23-2016, 06:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have mentioned this before, but the RNC will go to a superdelegate system to prevent this from happening again.

if they were smart, thats what they need to do
People suck
I think this is bad for politics in our country. There are plenty of Republicans I am sure that should win, and are better than their democratic counter part, but being associated with Trump will bring them down. Who knows how long the impact of this will be felt, but it won't be good for the country. When people look back in 20+ years at this they are going to look back and think it was some kind of joke that this guy was a serious candidate to be President.