Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans abandoning Trump?
So I was reading the USA Today while at dinner and it seems many GOP members are abandoning Trump. Even Pence was condemning Trumps vulgar conversation with Billy Bush. Prompting many conservatives to say he should quit and let Pence take the reigns. I read the this in the actual paper (I tried to look for it on line, but couldn't find it fast enough so I abandon the search.)) It was brought up in the debate, and I know it's well known at this point, but I was surprised it hadn't been brought up here yet. So I guess I'm asking are any of you trump supporters giving up on him? And How do you feel about "locker room talk"?
(10-11-2016, 02:20 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: So I was reading the USA Today while at dinner and it seems many GOP members are abandoning Trump. Even Pence was condemning Trumps vulgar conversation with Billy Bush. Prompting many conservatives to say he should quit and let Pence take the reigns. I read the this in the actual paper (I tried to look for it on line, but couldn't find it fast enough so I abandon the search.)) It was brought up in the debate, and I know it's well known at this point, but I was surprised it hadn't been brought up here yet. So I guess I'm asking are any of you trump supporters giving up on him? And How do you feel about "locker room talk"?

It has been talked about. There are sub- sub-sub forums for Trump and Clinton here. If you check out the elections sub at the top you will see the two for the candidates, and then you will see the discussions about all this.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
This is the general gist: Most Republicans already in office and a large portion of the electorate didn't want Trump in general in the first place. Once his populist message really started picking up steam with primary voters, they started taking him more seriously. When he won the nomination, most Republicans fell in line and supported him if only to prevent a more progressive agenda. Now that he has become so outlandish, Trumps loosely held conservative principles do not outweigh being associated with a person viewed so horribly by the general populace.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-11-2016, 02:20 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: So I was reading the USA Today while at dinner and it seems many GOP members are abandoning Trump.  Even Pence was condemning Trumps vulgar conversation with Billy Bush.  Prompting many conservatives to say he should quit and let Pence take the reigns.  I read the this in the actual paper (I tried to look for it on line, but couldn't find it fast enough so I abandon the search.))  It was brought up in the debate, and I know it's well known at this point, but I was surprised it hadn't been brought up here yet.  So I guess I'm asking are any of you trump supporters giving up on him?  And How do you feel about "locker room talk"?

Based on an unscientific reading of my Facebook feed 98% of the Trump supporters think he did no wrong (ever) and "Killary" should be in prison so it doesn't matter what "mean things " he says.

Anyone you says otherwise or attempts to provide factual information to the discussion is an idiot/sheep/media brainwashed libtard.

The other 2% have announced publicly that they cannot and will not vote for Trump anymore.  The will not vote for Clinton.  They not vote at all.

One in particular stated that Clinton's abortion stance (allowing freedom of choice) is too much for her so she would never vote for that vile, evil woman.  Sadly the Trump video that surfaced forced to her lose respect for him so she won't vote for him either now.  (I resisted the urge to point out that he too is pro-choice.  I felt she suffered enough.)

At our church dart league last night all of the good Christian men on the opposing team that I spoke with said they will continue to vote for Trump because Clinton is a bad person.  I did not get into a political discussion with them because I was afraid their heads would explode while trying to justify how Trump was NOT an evil person.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Glenn Beck has come out and said that Hillary Clinton winning is the "moral, ethical choice". He didn't say to vote for her, just to not vote for Trump so she wins.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/glenn-beck-hillary-clinton_us_57fc695be4b0e655eab74351
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-11-2016, 09:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Glenn Beck has come out and said that Hillary Clinton winning is the "moral, ethical choice". He didn't say to vote for her, just to not vote for Trump so she wins.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/glenn-beck-hillary-clinton_us_57fc695be4b0e655eab74351

He didn't really say it like the headline reads.  He said not voting for Trump is the moral-ethical choice even if it leads to Hillary winning.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

as long as trump claims to be a Republican, evangelicals will continue to support him.

because he has such strong Christian values with his sexual assaults,multiple wives and crooked business dealings? No, because, as a party, democrats support pro choice and gay marriage.

trump supports a lot of things churches are against, even supporting abortion in the past, but as long as he doesn't change parties (again), evangelicals will support him just because it's not supporting the other party. As long as that happens, the other side of the GOP can't do much.
(10-11-2016, 09:27 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He didn't really say it like the headline reads.  He said not voting for Trump is the moral-ethical choice even if it leads to Hillary winning.

Yea, that's why I felt the need to explain what he said. HuffPo was the first link I found, so I went with it even if the headline could be read as "vote for Hillary". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-11-2016, 02:20 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: So I was reading the USA Today while at dinner and it seems many GOP members are abandoning Trump.  Even Pence was condemning Trumps vulgar conversation with Billy Bush.  Prompting many conservatives to say he should quit and let Pence take the reigns.  I read the this in the actual paper (I tried to look for it on line, but couldn't find it fast enough so I abandon the search.))  It was brought up in the debate, and I know it's well known at this point, but I was surprised it hadn't been brought up here yet.  So I guess I'm asking are any of you trump supporters giving up on him?  And How do you feel about "locker room talk"?

Like Matt said, you will find the discussions and opinions you're looking for under the Trump sub-forum of 2016 Elections. Expect to see where everybody does that locker room talk thing. and Hillary is so crooked they will have to screw her in the ground when she dies. Assuming that she will die eventually .... Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(10-11-2016, 07:35 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: It has been talked about. There are sub- sub-sub forums for Trump and Clinton here. If you check out the elections sub at the top you will see the two for the candidates, and then you will see the discussions about all this.

(10-11-2016, 09:59 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Like Matt said, you will find the discussions and opinions you're looking for under the Trump sub-forum of 2016 Elections. Expect to see where everybody does that locker room talk thing. and Hillary is so crooked they will have to screw her in the ground when she dies. Assuming that she will die eventually .... Ninja

Ooops....It was late and I didn't think to go in there because I don't usually go in there. 

most are CYA, Dems did the same with Obama when his popularity was up or down. It's to be expected.
However, Ryan is a RINO and I can't stand him.
(10-11-2016, 03:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: most are CYA, Dems did the same with Obama when his popularity was up or down. It's to be expected.
However, Ryan is a RINO and I can't stand him.

Meh...it's not even his "locker room" talk that upset me(hell most of us here engaged in that kind of talk with buddies.)  It was his arrogant, 4th grade, and narcissistic response that bothered me "well Bill did it to!" And boasting  that he was so successful with women, because he is rich. That just screams douche-bag.

Anyways, Trump is a Clown and I'd vote for Ryan before Trump for sure.  Republicans have quite a mess on their hands. 
If any of them had any spines and a moral compass they would've denounced him from the get go instead of keeping their toes in the political water waiting to see how its gonna feel in mid-October. The Republicans knew who Trump was and still they chose to run our political process through the mud by fostering his hatred. All of the politicians who supported him are exactly what is wrong with out government. They will lower their standard to whatever requirement is needed to strengthen their political power and manipulate the public into believing extreme polarizing measures are a requirement to "Make America Great Again".
(10-11-2016, 09:30 AM)Benton Wrote: as long as trump claims to be a Republican, evangelicals will continue to support him.

because he has such strong Christian values with his sexual assaults,multiple wives and crooked business dealings? No, because, as a party, democrats support pro choice and gay marriage.

trump supports a lot of things churches are against, even supporting abortion in the past, but as long as he doesn't change parties (again), evangelicals will support him just because it's not supporting the other party. As long as that happens, the other side of the GOP can't do much.

I do not have a link, but I saw a rather long list of evangelical pastors (no idea if the average congregation was 10 or 10,000) who had signed on to a letter denouncing Trump and saying in effect no Christian of good conscience could possibly vote for him.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(10-11-2016, 09:59 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Like Matt said, you will find the discussions and opinions you're looking for under the Trump sub-forum of 2016 Elections. Expect to see where everybody does that locker room talk thing. and Hillary is so crooked they will have to screw her in the ground when she dies. Assuming that she will die eventually .... Ninja

The GOP hit squad tried drowning her circa 1982. She floated: proof she is a witch. They've been trying to kill her for being a witch ever since, which is why she avoids stakes and young girls with red shoes who can belt out a tune and sling a bucket of water. All other attempts have failed. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
I think most Trump supporters would still vote for Trump even if he said they should vote for Hillary. Sad

My favorite Trumpist is former Arizona Governor Jan Brewer who said Trump's comments were "wrong, inappropriate and disgusting", but immediately followed that up by saying that voting for him is still the right thing to do (also read as "Jan Brewer supports wrong, inappropriate and disgusting.... it is the right choice!").

I keep hearing Trumpists talking about how absolutely necessary it is to get Trump in office in order to place conservative appointments on the Supreme Court. I'm wondering why a group like conservatives which currently controls both houses of Congress would feel so insecure about potential laws and their interpretations that they feel "stacking the deck" at the SCOTUS is necessary?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(10-12-2016, 02:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I think most Trump supporters would still vote for Trump even if he said they should vote for Hillary.  Sad

My favorite Trumpist is former Arizona Governor Jan Brewer who said Trump's comments were "wrong, inappropriate and disgusting", but immediately followed that up by saying that voting for him is still the right thing to do (also read as "Jan Brewer supports wrong, inappropriate and disgusting.... it is the right choice!").

I keep hearing Trumpists talking about how absolutely necessary it is to get Trump in office in order to place conservative appointments on the Supreme Court. I'm wondering why a group like conservatives which currently controls both houses of Congress would feel so insecure about potential laws and their interpretations that they feel "stacking the deck" at the SCOTUS is necessary?

well said sir.
(10-12-2016, 02:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I think most Trump supporters would still vote for Trump even if he said they should vote for Hillary.  Sad

Well, somebody's got to stop JASTA. And who better to stop Republicans than Republicans?

Or... something.

Because like it or not, the Supreme Court is political.  So if you have six justices appointed by Democrats, they will overturn things they do not like.  and same the other way although not so much as while you sometimes see Republican appointed justices vote with the liberal side, that really doesn't happen the other way.  At least not in the big cases.  On the obamacare vote, nobody was wondeting which way Kagan or Ginsberg were going to vote.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-12-2016, 02:42 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I think most Trump supporters would still vote for Trump even if he said they should vote for Hillary. Sad

You don't think the Libs feel "stacking the deck" at the SCOTUS is necessary? The next selection will turn the Majority, that is if you consider Roberts conservative.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]