Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Return of Burfict looking bigger and bigger
(10-02-2015, 07:58 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I call BULLSHIT.. Have you seen any games this year? I have seen him give up on at least a dozen plays and his tackling has been medioce at best. He needs motivated because his heart does not seem to be in it.

So still thinking Rey Mauagula is playing mediocre ?  Had another solid game.. 8 tackles, 3 solo.. tipped pass that lead to a crucial int.... has moved up 20th in tackles for linebackers .  He is having a solid year so far.....
Reply/Quote
1 more week!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:43 PM)wasehs Wrote: 1 more week!

I wouldn't expect to see him until we face the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Guys...this is the BENGALS.  Burfict is eligible to play week 8.  A more realistic projection for him to play is probably week 11 or 12.  The Bengals have 5 weeks to activate him (before week 11) and another 3 weeks from that date to dress him (would be before week 14).  Again, this is the Bengals.  This is the 5-0 Bengals.  An organization that is very non-progressive and one of the slowest to react to things like this.

I predict we don't see Burfict until week 12 against the Rams...at maybe the earliest.
Reply/Quote
I sure hope not. If Burfict is ready and healthy, let him play.

They need his intensity and fire on the defense. They need something because for the first time in a long time, this D is the weak link so far this season.

They need to do something and start playing better, faster and smarter.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:54 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Guys...this is the BENGALS.  Burfict is eligible to play week 8.  A more realistic projection for him to play is probably week 11 or 12.  The Bengals have 5 weeks to activate him (before week 11) and another 3 weeks from that date to dress him (would be before week 14).  Again, this is the Bengals.  This is the 5-0 Bengals.  An organization that is very non-progressive and one of the slowest to react to things like this.

I predict we don't see Burfict until week 12 against the Rams...at maybe the earliest.

I don;t understand what you mean by non-progressive..  just because they don;t activate  him right away has nothing to do with being non-progressive.. and slow to react... so Michael Johnson got hurt in preseason.. did he sit for 2 to 4 games ? or did he start game 1?   He started game one because they deemed him fit to play.

It has nothing to do with how progressive or reactionary a club is.. it has to do with where they view someone on a medical, recovery sense and when they feel they are ready to play and be productive for the team.... im sure also how we are doing as a club might factor into it.. if we are 6-0 they might not rush him back with risk to lose him for season... 
Reply/Quote
I could be wrong. My thoughts are...the Bengals might be 6-0. They aren't going to put Vontaze Burfict on the field until they are confident he's the BEST option AND he's going to be at the optimal place that he can be. They also are potentially looking toward having him at his best that he can be for the playoffs.

It's not like this team is 3-3, getting gashed defensively and have tons of injuries at LB. That will affect this decision...
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see him against the run, pretty much asap.

Thing is...let him rest. I mean, where's the fire?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 03:25 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: I'd like to see him against the run, pretty much asap.

Thing is...let him rest. I mean, where's the fire?

Agree with this. Absolutely no rush to bring him back. I think you wait until after the Steelers game just because we know how physical that game usually is. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 12:53 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I could be wrong.  My thoughts are...the Bengals might be 6-0.  They aren't going to put Vontaze Burfict on the field until they are confident he's the BEST option AND he's going to be at the optimal place that he can be.  They also are potentially looking toward having him at his best that he can be for the playoffs.

It's not like this team is 3-3, getting gashed defensively and have tons of injuries at LB.  That will affect this decision...

This makes sense.
Reply/Quote
Even if he is ready at the moment he's not eligible for practice until the end of the week I think. Vinny Rey has done an admirable job holding down the fort for him.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 03:35 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Even if he is ready at the moment he's not eligible for practice until the end of the week I think. Vinny Rey has done an admirable job holding down the fort for him.

we can activiate him to practice next week during our bye week... if we choose to but once he starts practicing we only have 3 weeks i believe to either Fully activate him to the 53 man roster or place him on IR. if hes not quiet ready then they will wait to let him start practicing.
Reply/Quote