Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf's Kinda Midseason Offensive Rankings
(11-11-2017, 06:43 AM)Synric Wrote: I ththink he can play tackle. Williams is long has bend and moves well. He also has that one quality you want in a lineman...just mean.
He needed to add weight to play tackle. He did and he had slow feet and looked plain awful.also if he goes back to school even if he plays well he won't be ot1 next year either that will be Adams.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 10:43 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He needed to add weight to play tackle. He did and he had slow feet and looked plain awful.also if he goes back to school even if he plays well he won't be ot1 next year either that will be Adams.

He looked pretty good to me. He gave up 1 sack in 2016 while mowing over people in the run game. I don't see slow feet man. 

He'd be smart to go back because teams will drop him down thr board due to injury.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 08:31 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I would also like to add, and I know some will call him a reach, but we could just draft Billy Price 1st and solve the Center issue.  Here is a synopsis of his year so far in assorted game reviews, in addition to Wolf's review.

Billy Price
OG
Ohio State
Sr
6'3
Indiana - Dominated at the Center position, constantly turned his man of the ball and was a rock in pass pro. Oklahoma - Had a very nice game running the pivot, routinely occupying his man in the run and pass game. Nebraska - Very good game, showing his ability to pull from his Center spot and hit moving targets. Stout play as a run and pass blocker. Penn State - Great game, showed his fluidity to pull and release to the 2nd level to hem up LBs. Very stout and reliable. Looked like a Day 1 next level starting Center.

So much to like about Price. He would instantly upgrade the line and solidify a position that has definitely seen it's share of struggle since Richie retired.

What area do most currently have him projected to be picked? 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 06:43 AM)Synric Wrote: I ththink he can play tackle. Williams is long has bend and moves well. He also has that one quality you want in a lineman...just mean.

He doesn't move well though. 
He put on a lot of weight in the offseason and it showed. He was getting roasted the first two games. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 11:03 AM)Synric Wrote: He looked pretty good to me. He gave up 1 sack in 2016 while mowing over people in the run game. I don't see slow feet man. 

He'd be smart to go back because teams will drop him down thr board due to injury.

Talking about 2017. He had slow ass feet and got abused.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 11:06 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: So much to like about Price. He would instantly upgrade the line and solidify a position that has definitely seen it's share of struggle since Richie retired.

What area do most currently have him projected to be picked? 

CBS Sports has him about 40th. The site I follow has him as 18th. Such is the projection for Centers when you aren’t a QB, WR, CB, LT, or edge rusher. They are generally like Guards, you get a look see around the 20th pick. And if Price ends up the top center after workouts and the combine, he could project in that range after all is said and done.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 12:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He doesn't move well though. 
He put on a lot of weight in the offseason and it showed. He was getting roasted the first two games. 

He only played a couple games this season because of injury and I missed them. I do know if he continues to play like he did in 2016 he will be a top tackle prospect. 

And with the argument you and Jpoore are making there is no reason for him to declare this year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 07:47 PM)Synric Wrote: He only played a couple games this season because of injury and I missed them. I do know if he continues to play like he did in 2016 he will be a top tackle prospect. 

And with the argument you and Jpoore are making there is no reason for him to declare this year.

He shouldn't I have no idea where he got the idea Williams was for sure declaring. 

I would suggest watching him this year before saying he can move well. He looked like shit. 
Reply/Quote
Didn't get to watch ND vs theU but heard McGlinchey was getting blown by? Anybody watch him? What we gonna do now boys, what are we gonna do now?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 10:13 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Didn't get to watch ND vs theU but heard McGlinchey was getting blown by?  Anybody watch him?  What we gonna do now boys, what are we gonna do now?

People like to exaggerate 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 09:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uw-left-tackle-trey-adams-planning-to-return-for-his-senior-season/

He's going to go top 5 next year.

(11-08-2017, 04:34 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Will hernandez out of utep might be the best guard

I haven't watched a ton on him, but he's been getting a lot of buzz. Will have to watch his Oklahoma game

(11-08-2017, 10:44 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Another receiver that should be on everyone's radar is Allen Lazard from Iowa State.  Big bodied receiver, 6-5 222, got hands that'll catch the wind.

He has the playing style of Anquan Boldin. Not going to beat you with speed, but will make tough catches.

(11-10-2017, 08:31 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I would also like to add, and I know some will call him a reach, but we could just draft Billy Price 1st and solve the Center issue.  Here is a synopsis of his year so far in assorted game reviews, in addition to Wolf's review.

Billy Price
OG
Ohio State
Sr
6'3
Indiana - Dominated at the Center position, constantly turned his man of the ball and was a rock in pass pro. Oklahoma - Had a very nice game running the pivot, routinely occupying his man in the run and pass game. Nebraska - Very good game, showing his ability to pull from his Center spot and hit moving targets. Stout play as a run and pass blocker. Penn State - Great game, showed his fluidity to pull and release to the 2nd level to hem up LBs. Very stout and reliable. Looked like a Day 1 next level starting Center.

I am a very big fan of Price. However, I wouldn't take him in the 1st round because we will most likely be drafting in the top 10.

I would take him in the 2nd round in a heartbeat.

(11-10-2017, 10:23 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Hey wolf, how do you see mason Cole from Michigan stacking up in this class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see him as anything special, but he's also not bad. There's some guys I would take over him, but I see him as a 3rd-4th rounder. There's some versatile guys around, but this guy has experience at the position. I think I have him as my 5th or 6th center
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 10:13 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Didn't get to watch ND vs theU but heard McGlinchey was getting blown by? Anybody watch him? What we gonna do now boys, what are we gonna do now?
Had this problem for a long time. Struggles with speed rushers.
[quote='wolfkaosaun' pid='466997' dateline='1510628906']

I haven't watched a ton on him, but he's been getting a lot of buzz. Will have to watch his Oklahoma game

Love his play. May drop into the 2nd do to playing with utep. He's is as dominant a guard as I've seen. Gonna be all pro very quickly in the league.
Reply/Quote
My man crush off that list is Orlando Brown. I think you can put him at RT for the next decade.

I love good bloodlines, partly the genetics but also the football IQ of being the child of an NFL player can never be matched by coaching at a later age.

Lastly, it’s just time to have a beast/mauler on the line again, haven’t had one since Big Willie.
Reply/Quote