Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Revisiting the Stains loss
(11-30-2021, 03:30 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The defense did a pitiful job at containing Chubb. He ran for nearly 10 yards per carry (14 carries, 137 yards). I was at the game and haven't watched it since, but whatever run fits they were utilizing in that game need to be questioned for the next game. Cleveland, especially with Baker as he is, is looking to run the ball on you. If Lou can adjust and have a better gameplan for their running personnel, it puts the onus on Baker to win the game and he isn't in a great position to do that this season.

Then, there is also the part where the players have to actually execute. The problem may not have been the run fits, but poor play. I genuinely don't know, I haven't watched since that day. Point of the post is to CONTAIN CHUBB.

This. Contain Chubb and we even had a chance in that game, that big run was the killer by Chubb, cannot let that happen.

Chase makes a couple of those big grabs and the game is also turned on its head. The score doesn't indicate what that game 
was. I watched the game twice, it was close until the big run. We will look back on this game and use it as a revenge game the
next time we play them I am sure of it. For whatever reason Mayfield also makes amazing throws against us he doesn't against
anyone else. The one deep play he was about a nano second from getting nailed by BJ Hill.

It is okay to have these concerns that the OP has so I am not putting him down but we have looked to get back to where we
were before the Jets game if not better cause now we can run the ball and don't HAVE to depend on Burrow for wins now.
Reply/Quote