Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revoke security clearances . . .
(08-21-2018, 06:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think unhinged accurately describes his behavior in this clip, but I don't know if getting emotional over perceived personal attacks is a security risk. 

Meh, I guess I didn't see the personal attack. Was it when he said individuals can profit off having a secret clearance? You have 10 seconds to answer. Sane dude seemed quite respectful and insisted it was nothing personal
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-21-2018, 07:08 PM)Dill Wrote: Guy is just angry because he is falsely accused of "monetizing" his clearance.  It was a matter of pride and personal honor, something likely unknown to the Trump surrogates out their sliming honorable men--most conservatives and Republicans as well.

I can understand why these ex-military officials fly into rages when their honor is impugned as part of a smear campaign to defend Trump.

That seems to be Fox strategy going forward now--constantly talk about how Trump critics are "making money" off their clearances and are part of the Swamp/deep state.  Yanking their clearances is deserved punishment from a president who avoided service and is now using his powers to protect himself.  

Thank you for your service.

I was unaware of Philip Mudd's Military Service. Can you expand on it? 

(08-21-2018, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, I guess I didn't see the personal attack. Was it when he said individuals can profit off having a secret clearance? You have 10 seconds to answer. Sane dude seemed quite respectful and insisted it was nothing personal

That's why I said "perceived". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-21-2018, 07:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's why I said "perceived". 

Well then that makes him more of a security risk. Irrational angst is not conducive to rational actions.  

(08-21-2018, 07:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was unaware of Philip Mudd's Military Service. Can you expand on it? 

I don't think Mudd was in the US military. He spent three decades in the CIA and FBI.

When I said "these " I was thinking of the expanding list of people protesting Trump's abuse of his power over clearance, including prominent military figures like Admirals McCraven and Mullen.  Should have said "military and intel."
(08-21-2018, 07:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well then that makes him more of a security risk. Irrational angst is not conducive to rational actions.  

If you think so. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-21-2018, 07:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If you think so. 

Simply my opinion. Dude might not be the best guy to currently have access to a bunch of secrets. It's like he spent 30 years of faithful and dedicated service and then was effected by some sort of syndrome. 

(08-21-2018, 07:33 PM)Dill Wrote: I don't think Mudd was in the US military. He spent three decades in the CIA and FBI.

When I said "these " I was thinking of the expanding list of people protesting Trump's abuse of his power over clearance, including prominent military figures like Admirals McCraven and Mullen.  Should have said "military and intel."

I'm pretty sure he wasn't. 

(08-21-2018, 07:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If you think so. 

Simply my opinion. Dude might not be the best guy to keep a bunch of secrets. It's like he spent 30 years of faithful and dedicated service and then was effected by some sort of syndrome. 

[Image: jared-kushner-ZPcONq.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-21-2018, 05:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no legitimate argument that this was a witch hunt.

Yes there is.  This is a direct quote from of one of the investigators

"I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy's office - that there's no way he [Trump] gets elected – [i]but I'm afraid we can't take that risk[/i]," writes FBI counterintelligence officer Peter Strzok to FBI lawyer Lisa Page, with whom he was having an extramarital affair while spearheading both the Clinton email inquiry and the early Trump-Russia probe, adding, "It's like a life insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40"
(08-21-2018, 11:20 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Yes there is.  This is a direct quote from of one of the investigators

"I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy's office - that there's no way he [Trump] gets elected – [i]but I'm afraid we can't take that risk[/i]," writes FBI counterintelligence officer Peter Strzok to FBI lawyer Lisa Page, with whom he was having an extramarital affair while spearheading both the Clinton email inquiry and the early Trump-Russia probe, adding, "It's like a life insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40"

You mean someone who had knowledge that a potential POTUS was possibly at risk of being blackmailed by Russia voiced concern that that candidate might win?  Be still my heart!

A lot of people thought the american electorate was smart enough (at least a majority of them) to not vote for a conman who surrounded himself with shady characters and was known for his lack of personal control and decorum.

I guess we have to "wait and see" what happens.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.