Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rex Ryan: Burrow is a 'slam dunk, no-brainer'
“They’re absolutely out of their minds if they trade that pick,” Ryan said on ESPN’s Get Up! “You’re going to take this young man with the very first pick. So as a staff, you’re going to do what he does best — a lot of empty sets, those types of things. This [pick] is a slam-dunk, no-brainer. He comes in day one and he’s going to be the starter.”  

Reply/Quote
Always liked Rex. Completely agree with him here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Rex is right. If there was one QB that could come in this year without an entire Offseason of practice and play
well as a rookie it would be Joe Burrow with the head he has on his shoulders. Being older hurts nothing at this
point just makes him more mature then other rookie QB's coming in.
Reply/Quote
I'd feel better if Rex Ryan hadn't said this...

Called the Pats roster the worst it had ever been in years....and all they did that year was win a Super Bowl.

Next season, says the same thing about them....and they win their division again.

This guy has put his foot in his mouth a lot in his years, and his ability to evaluate a QB is...not good to say the least. Drafted Mark Sanchez, and Geno Smith to be his starters.

The guy knows football and is a great defensive mind, but as a head coach his offensive short comings are obvious.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 04:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd feel better if Rex Ryan hadn't said this...

Called the Pats roster the worst it had ever been in years....and all they did that year was win a Super Bowl.

Next season, says the same thing about them....and they win their division again.

This guy has put his foot in his mouth a lot in his years, and his ability to evaluate a QB is...not good to say the least. Drafted Mark Sanchez, and Geno Smith to be his starters.

The guy knows football and is a great defensive mind, but as a head coach his offensive short comings are obvious.

Still doesn't make what he said here wrong...
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 02:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: “They’re absolutely out of their minds if they trade that pick,” Ryan said on ESPN’s Get Up! “You’re going to take this young man with the very first pick. So as a staff, you’re going to do what he does best — a lot of empty sets, those types of things. This [pick] is a slam-dunk, no-brainer. He comes in day one and he’s going to be the starter.”  

While I agree with Rex on this, I also can't forget he traded up for Mark Sanchez.  He did ride him to two AFCGs, but when Butt Fumble fell off, he fell off the edge of the world.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 04:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd feel better if Rex Ryan hadn't said this...

To me, the biggest shortcoming Rex has as a HC is that his act has a shelf life.  He's great at coming in and turning things around for you but after a few years, his whole schtick wears out and he has to go.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Coming from a guy with some interesting draft pics as a head coach...
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 04:38 PM)McC Wrote: To me, the biggest shortcoming Rex has as a HC is that his act has a shelf life.  He's great at coming in and turning things around for you but after a few years, his whole schtick wears out and he has to go.  

Yep

The problem with beating your chest putting on a gorilla suit every day is once you put it on you have to keep it on. And it just doesn't work long term.

But he's spot on about Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 06:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

The problem with beating your chest putting on a gorilla suit every day is once you put it on you have to keep it on. And it just doesn't work long term.

Yep.  I've always liked how he takes all the heat off his players and puts it on himself.  But the other side of that coin is he hogs the credit too.  He beat the Pats one time and is still blowing his horn about it today.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still doesn't make what he said here wrong...

Not saying he is wrong, but when his idea of good QB play is Sanchez and Geno Smith.... I really would prefer he not say anything lol.

If Any Reid said this, or any of the QB whisperer head coaches, that would be better than Rex.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 07:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not saying he is wrong, but when his idea of good QB play is Sanchez and Geno Smith.... I really would prefer he not say anything lol.

If Any Reid said this, or any of the QB whisperer head coaches, that would be better than Rex.

He took those guys because he needed a QB and they were among the best of a bad lot.  And he did win with Sanchez for awhile.

Reply/Quote
The lengths some of you will go to to derail the Burrow hype train really is amazing.

Reply/Quote
The Burrow train won't be derailed.
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(04-08-2020, 07:53 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The Burrow train won't be derailed.

Chuga-chuga-chuga-chug.   ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 06:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

He and Sanchez put on a clown show during HBO’s Hard Knocks. Like they were running a frat house. I knew their season would be a mess.

But he is right about Burrows.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 07:48 PM)McC Wrote: He took those guys because he needed a QB and they were among the best of a bad lot.  And he did win with Sanchez for awhile.

When you are picking your second franchise QB 4 years after your first franchise QB... NOT good.. lets not sugar coat that
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 06:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Coming  from a guy with some interesting draft pics as a head coach...

Was Sanchez his pick or the GM?  Still they went to the AFC title game twice I believe
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: When you are picking your second franchise QB 4 years after your first franchise QB... NOT good.. lets not sugar coat that

Pretty sure I didn't sugar coat a damn thing.  I just stated a fact.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 07:53 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The Burrow train won't be derailed.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote