Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rex Ryan says the Bengals are legit
On the show called Get up on ESPN. Rex Ryan said we were legit and gave our defense praise and gave props to Atkins, Dunlap and Hubbard.
Reply/Quote
If THE Rex Ryan said it.....that means this team is NOT legit.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think we are to Rex. They just have to prove it next Sunday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's the kiss of death! Nooooooo
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals win the next two games, then it would be difficult to argue against the legitimacy of the Bengals as front runners in the AFC.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:33 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals win the next two games, then it would be difficult to argue against the legitimacy of the Bengals as front runners in the AFC.

Certainly hard to argue that.  We need Chad to guarantee a win in two weeks.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Rex Ryan has more playoff wins than Marin Lewis. He even went to the AFCCG.
Reply/Quote
A positive at least, is the NFL.com isn't splashing us all over their website, they are still splashing the Ravens and specially the Browns... keeping us low profile along the way and I like that.
Reply/Quote
What a difference a year makes in football...

The Bengals are 4-1 at the top of the AFC North. WVU is #6 in the nation at the top of the Big 12.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 11:07 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: A positive at least, is the NFL.com isn't splashing us all over their website, they are still splashing the Ravens and specially the Browns... keeping us low profile along the way and I like that.

I watched about 2 hrs of GMFB this morning, wanted to see the highlights again, but they never showed our game once...... 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:33 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals win the next two games, then it would be difficult to argue against the legitimacy of the Bengals as front runners in the AFC.

They're legit now but winning next week confirms that 100%. Forget the KC game as I'll take a loss right now if it means we can be 5-1` going into that game.

Pitt game is going to be brutal for this OL....They're going to bring pressure like they did against Tampa Bay..
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 11:25 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I watched about 2 hrs of GMFB this morning, wanted to see the highlights again, but they never showed our game once...... 

Lol as I was reading this GMFB said they will show highlights just after this commercial break...with the tag line "Hey Joe".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 10:03 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Rex Ryan has more playoff wins than Marin Lewis. He even went to the AFCCG.

With Mark Sanchez as his QB...

He knows a thing or two about good defense.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 11:29 AM)Synric Wrote: Lol as I was reading this GMFB said they will show highlights just after this commercial break...with the tag line "Hey Joe".

That was probably when I either decided to get dress or let the dogs out. When the Beagle is standing on your chest, you know its time!
Reply/Quote
The endorsement was nice but got weird when he started talking about how Dunlap has the toes of a champion.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Marvin (because with this start he's earned another 10 years) can talk him into taking over as LB Coach next offseason. Haslett has failed to develop all these free agent and drafted/undrafted lb's he's gotten in his time here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 11:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: Hopefully Marvin (because with this start he's earned another 10 years) can talk him into taking over as LB Coach next offseason. Haslett has failed to develop all these free agent and drafted/undrafted lb's he's gotten in his time here.

Point
Reply/Quote

I agree this will certainly be a test to see what the Bengals really have and if they look like a team that can not only make the playoffs but also win a playoff game.  That said, I think even if the Bengals go 1-1 in the next two games they still will look really good at that point. Hopefully if they lose one of them it will be to KC and the win over the Steelers.  If they lose both, well I think it makes the Bengals look like pretenders. But I'm still hoping they go 2-0 and they certainly can if they play smart and get a full four quarters of solid play from defense and offense.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Certainly hard to argue that.  We need Chad to guarantee a win in two weeks.  

Yes.  That was a changing point in the perception of the franchise.  Chad Johnson went out on the limb there but it worked.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 11:28 AM)higgy100 Wrote: They're legit now but winning next week confirms that 100%. Forget the KC game as I'll take a loss right now if it means we can be 5-1` going into that game.

Pitt game is going to be brutal for this OL....They're going to bring pressure like they did against Tampa Bay..

I am saying, if the Bengals win the next two games, arguing against them as a front runner of AFC would not be warranted.  I am not saying the Bengals are not legit now; but with that said, people can still argue against them as a good team because of struggles...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote