Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rex fired hours after calling out Russia spy attack
So ol' Rex is out as Secretary of State hours after criticizing Russia's role in a nerve agent attack in Britain. WaPo is reporting that the decision was made on Friday, so this is just likely coincidental. He will be replaced by CIA chief Mike Pompeo.

It's interesting that this would occur during negotiations to talk with North Korea, but at the same time it isn't.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
We can now see if the Mnuchin/Mattis/Tillerson pact is real

I thought Trump said it was "fake news" that he was even considering this move.

Weird.  Almost like he lies all the time.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Is there still people on his staff who were there on day 1 ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(03-13-2018, 10:53 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Is there still people on his staff who were there on day 1 ?

Depends on what you mean by there on Day 1. The positions requiring confirmation by the Senate wouldn't have technically been there on Day 1, though they were mostly all announced prior to Day 1. 

But the amount of turnover is historic, particularly with the top tier cabinet and WH positions. 

Rex seemed like the most competent one of the bunch. Wish I could say I'm surprised.
(03-13-2018, 10:53 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Is there still people on his staff who were there on day 1 ?

(03-13-2018, 11:26 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Depends on what you mean by there on Day 1. The positions requiring confirmation by the Senate wouldn't have technically been there on Day 1, though they were mostly all announced prior to Day 1. 

But the amount of turnover is historic, particularly with the top tier cabinet and WH positions. 

And it falls right in line with a man who thinks, excuse me, knows that he is the smartest man in the room and he needs no help.

Who at the same time has, for his entire career, had tons of help and only makes final decisions.  Now those decisions are being made without input from people who understand the situations.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad and dangerous.
(03-13-2018, 10:03 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So ol' Rex is out as Secretary of State hours after criticizing Russia's role in a nerve agent attack in Britain. WaPo is reporting that the decision was made on Friday, so this is just likely coincidental. He will be replaced by CIA chief Mike Pompeo.

It's interesting that this would occur during negotiations to talk with North Korea, but at the same time it isn't.

I think it's a coincidence, but dam if Trump can't time things worse for looking like he's pro-Russia.
Coward doesn't even have the respect, either for the position or the person, to tell Rex to his face.
Steve Goldstein is out too !

Unless it is fake news ...

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(03-13-2018, 01:08 PM)Benton Wrote: I think it's a coincidence, but dam if Trump can't time things worse for looking like he's pro-Russia.

Agreed. I also wonder if the Russians aren’t helping behind the scenes with the NK deal. That would explain a lot of the presidents actions or lack of actions towards them.
(03-13-2018, 02:53 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Steve Goldstein is out too !

Unless it is fake news ...

Out for revealing that Rex learned he was fired via Twitter.

(03-13-2018, 03:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.   I also wonder if the Russians aren’t helping behind the scenes with the NK deal.  That would explain a lot of the presidents actions or lack of actions towards them.

That's more like it.   Smirk
Replacing Pompeo is Gina Haspel who would be the first ever woman to run the CIA.

She also is known for overseeing CIA torture at a Thai prison and destroying the video evidence of it. No surprise that she would be the pick as Trump has repeatedly suggested that torture is a solid practice, something Mike Pompeo has defended as well.

(03-13-2018, 03:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed. I also wonder if the Russians aren’t helping behind the scenes with the NK deal. That would explain a lot of the presidents actions or lack of actions towards them.

You are making the common mistake in thinking that there is any sort of logic behind Trump's actions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-13-2018, 03:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.   I also wonder if the Russians aren’t helping behind the scenes with the NK deal. 

1.  There is no NK deal.

2.  If there was a "NK deal" and Russia had any influence at all Putin would be making sure the entire world knew about it.  Since his country really does not have a lot of power his main goal is to try and convince the world that he has a lot of power.  The last thing he would do would be keep it under wraps.
Donald aka David Dennison did say he was going to drain the swamp. The only part he left out was that the swamp he was draining was one he filled up in the first place. Load.
(03-13-2018, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  There is no NK deal.

2.  If there was a "NK deal" and Russia had any influence at all Putin would be making sure the entire world knew about it.  Since his country really does not have a lot of power his main goal is to try and convince the world that he has a lot of power.  The last thing he would do would be keep it under wraps.

Getting China to move requires help from the Russians. China has helped with NK thus far.

Not hard to follow the tea leaves
(03-13-2018, 05:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You are making the common mistake in thinking that there is any sort of logic behind Trump's actions.

Possibly. But then why be like 95% of the other posts on here unless the goal is homogenous thought on the board.
(03-13-2018, 08:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Getting China to move requires help from the Russians.  China has helped with NK thus far.  

Not hard to follow the tea leaves

Getting China to move requires diplomacy. Not Tariffs.