Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rich Eisen locking a Bengals win tomorrow.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lots of analysts out there drinking the Joey B koolaid. People are finding it hard not to root for the guy. He is exactly what we’ve needed here for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lots of analysts out there drinking the Joey B koolaid. People are finding it hard not to root for the guy. He is exactly what we’ve needed here for a long time.

Yes he is. Barring any horrible injury (can't release the dark cloud that has been over our heads for years) he will win championships. Well, unless he ends up being a dud. But I just don't see it happening with him. As a matter of fact, I think he wouldn't allow it. He's so dang disciplined and he's got the right swag. Oh, and did I mention talented? HAHA!

Reply/Quote
I agree with Rich Eisen — but the big surprise tomorrow will be the newly retooled and revamped Cincinnati defense.
Reply/Quote
With our WR cast, Burrow, and Mixon; I'm confident we can win any given Sunday. The real question is how much has this defense improved? I think we'll hold up well in the run game, but how fast have we trained our young LBs in coverage? There is a chance of some busted plays on defense due to a wholly revamped unit, but athletically there is a lot of potential there.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:29 PM)treee Wrote: With our WR cast, Burrow, and Mixon; I'm confident we can win any given Sunday. The real question is how much has this defense improved? I think we'll hold up well in the run game, but how fast have we trained our young LBs in coverage? There is a chance of some busted plays on defense due to a wholly revamped unit, but athletically there is a lot of potential there.

Yikes! Hopefully that is something we won't witness with the LB's. God we were horrible for so long in the middle. Hell yeah, something else to look forward to tomorrow. LOL Seriously tho, I just couldn't even imagine them being as bad as they have been.

Reply/Quote
I like it, not a bad lock pick honestly. Rich made a good point about the road teams this week, gonna be hard to get a win
on the road in this opener with the crazy shit that has been going on. I said 16-13 Bengals but who frickin' knows with Joe
frickin' Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yikes! Hopefully that is something we won't witness with the LB's. God we were horrible for so long in the middle. Hell yeah, something else to look forward to tomorrow. LOL Seriously tho, I just couldn't even imagine them being as bad as they have been.

At least now, they're quite athletic at LB.....just green except for Bynes. The offense will be able to do enough to keep you from losing at the very worst, hell, they were able to do that a few times last year. The defense will be the key I think. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: At least now, they're quite athletic at LB.....just green except for Bynes. The offense will be able to do enough to keep you from losing at the very worst, hell, they were able to do that a few times last year. The defense will be the key I think. 

I think Lou will have the guys disciplined and ready. I figure not a lot of guys have that much faith in Lou due to his past, but I just got a feeling they are going to be ready and we will be impressed. Sure there will be some breakdowns for us to chat about on Monday, but I think much improved. 2015 improved? No, but edging in that direction.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: At least now, they're quite athletic at LB.....just green except for Bynes. The offense will be able to do enough to keep you from losing at the very worst, hell, they were able to do that a few times last year. The defense will be the key I think. 

What I love about all the Linebackers they brought in the last few years in Pratt, Bynes, Wilson, ADG and Bailey is that they are so
instinctive and they tackle and cover well. Will take some time like you said cause all but Bynes and Pratt are green but I expect
much better Linebacker play this year, especially if Reader can stay healthy as he frees up so much for the LB'ers and others.
Reply/Quote
I like our chances.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 06:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I like our chances.

Yeah, me too. As I said earlier, we can't be that bad in the middle as last year. Other teams had time to have a family picnic in there.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes he is. Barring any horrible injury (can't release the dark cloud that has been over our heads for years) he will win championships. Well, unless he ends up being a dud. But I just don't see it happening with him. As a matter of fact, I think he wouldn't allow it. He's so dang disciplined and he's got the right swag. Oh, and did I mention talented? HAHA!

I find myself trying to play naysayer so I don't get too confident.  I see all the weapons together on offense.  I see a team that rarely blitzes (LA).  I see Burrow having time and being, well, Joe Burrow.  

Sure, I am worried about the middle of the defensive line and how the LBs will play in week 1.  I worry that Jonah Williams will struggle (understandably) in week 1.  But, I honestly can't find many things that I think they won't be able to overcome.  

Who Dey, friends.  It is our time!
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:29 PM)treee Wrote: With our WR cast, Burrow, and Mixon; I'm confident we can win any given Sunday. The real question is how much has this defense improved? I think we'll hold up well in the run game, but how fast have we trained our young LBs in coverage? There is a chance of some busted plays on defense due to a wholly revamped unit, but athletically there is a lot of potential there.

This sums it up for me. Hoping for improvement from all week to week. Super eager to get started.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 07:10 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  This sums it up for me. Hoping for improvement from all week to week. Super eager to get started.

LOL, it's like planting a seed.

Reply/Quote
After an impressive draft and the best free agency in Bengal history I look for lots of convincing wins.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2020, 05:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I agree with Rich Eisen — but the big surprise tomorrow will be the newly retooled and revamped Cincinnati defense.

I honestly think we are all gonna be liking this defense! This gonna be an exciting season!!
Reply/Quote
I mean I hope we do well of course but I’m not looking forward to all you happy people being pissy later today if we get beat.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 01:57 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I mean I hope we do well of course but I’m not looking forward to all you happy people being pissy later today if we get beat.

The only way I'm going to be pissy is if Bobby Hart get's Burrow killed. My expectations for Burrow are great, but I also understand he's not going to light the NFL on fire in week 1. Win or lose, I'm excited to watch him play and look forward to watching him develop in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 02:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The only way I'm going to be pissy is if Bobby Hart get's Burrow killed. My expectations for Burrow are great, but I also understand he's not going to light the NFL on fire in week 1. Win or lose, I'm excited to watch him play and look forward to watching him develop in the NFL.

Yeah, injury to Burrow would make me pissy...

If we lose and lose badly I would be a bit pissy, but not too bad after this Offseason and all the newly added players.

Think it is going to take time which is why I predicted a low scoring sloppy close game.
Reply/Quote