Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricky Wagner RT Ravens
Simply put: Should the Bengals sign Ricky Wagner RT of Baltimore Ravens and let Big Z walk?  It would be nice to sign big Z and Wagner but he could solve part of the offensive line problems for the Bengals.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, he won't likely be cheap, as he has already refused the Ravens' first offer, and the Vikings are expressing interest.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 02:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, he won't likely be cheap, as he has already refused the Ravens' first offer, and the Vikings are expressing interest.

Bidding wars are not exactly our forte, are they?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 02:12 PM)McC Wrote: Bidding wars are not exactly our forte, are they?

lol
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Ravens are hoping we would get rid of Z so they could pick him up real cheap after we sign Wagner! WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
Yes. Wanted the guy in the draft that year. Thought he was a very good late round prospect and he's quietly turned into a very solid RT.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know what contract offers Wagner is asking?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I rather get someone like Riley Reiff who won't command as much and is a decent RT.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 03:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Does anyone know what contract offers Wagner is asking?

I don't think the terms were released but it's predicted that he'll get somewhere around the 5 yr/$33 million deal that Schwartz got from KC last year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 04:15 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I rather get someone like Riley Reiff who won't command as much and is a decent RT.

He'll probably get just as much, if not more, than Wagner since he was a former first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 05:08 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't think the terms were released but it's predicted that he'll get somewhere around the 5 yr/$33 million deal that Schwartz got from KC last year.

That salary is reasonable and about half that of Big Z.  hummmm.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 02:12 PM)McC Wrote: Bidding wars are not exactly our forte, are they?

LOL, do we even bid at all? Forget the war part, do we even bother with an opening?

Reply/Quote
Resign Whit.
Sign Wagner for RT.
Move Fisher to RG.
Offensive line becomes significantly better than last year.

Granted, I love Zeitler. But I'd prefer a Fisher, Wagner right side than a Zeitler, Fisher right side.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 02:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, he won't likely be cheap, as he has already refused the Ravens' first offer, and the Vikings are expressing interest.

What? You mean they aren't going to re-sign Andre Smith?! WHYYYYY!?!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 10:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What? You mean they aren't going to re-sign Andre Smith?! WHYYYYY!?!

That's funny! You know how Smith couldn't stop a speed rusher for anything when he was here, yet earlier in the season more than one (and I wasn't one of them) were complaining we let him walk last year. Granted, our line had tons of problems, but I don't think Smith was the solution...then or now. It took the Vikings an up close and personal look to figure that out.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals won't sign him its not the way they operate. The only way I would sign Wagner is if the Bengals have no faith that Fisher can play tackle. No point of signing Wager and letting your 2nd round pick sit on the bench for 4 years at some point you have to see if the kid can play. Don't wanna get into a Dennard /Kirkpatrick situation with Fisher were you can't tell if he can play going into his contract year. I would play Fisher at right tackle and resign Whit to play left for another year, and in the process you can evaluate Ced being healthy and with a full camp. I don't see Zeliter coming back, a realistic option to replace him in free agency could be Chance Warmack. Warmack fits the Bengals free agent MO. Former 1st round pick, comes from a big time college program in Alabama, big body mauler right guard that they can sign on a cheap 1-2 year prove it deal. Don't agree with Z walking just being realistic.
Reply/Quote
John Thornton said in a podcast, rather then the draft look for the Bengals to address o line in free agency. Now I think that would just be a zeitler replacement. He also thinks he'd be very surprised if Kirkpatrick will be back because teams will value his height.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 11:55 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: John Thornton said in a podcast, rather then the draft look for the Bengals to address o line in free agency. Now I think that would just be a zeitler replacement. He also thinks he'd be very surprised if Kirkpatrick will be back because teams will value his height.

I think so as well. The Bengals brought in Bobbie Williams to start at RG for like 8 years prior to Zeitler being drafted. Given the youth at C and RT, you would have to think the Bengals go back to a veteran at RG. Now could that veteran instead be a 2-3 year stopgap while a mid-round draft pick is groomed behind him (or could already be on the roster in Westerman)? There could be a high likelihood that happens.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I know the Cincinnati Bengals usually do not sign mid free agents like Wagner but five million a year is reasonable I don't think they sign big Z at 10 mil year if they let Pacman Jones go I see them coughing up money for Kirkpatrick because they value skilled positions like cornerback as opposed to the offense of line.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 05:45 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Resign Whit.
Sign Wagner for RT.
Move Fisher to RG.
Offensive line becomes significantly better than last year.

Granted, I love Zeitler. But I'd prefer a Fisher, Wagner right side than a Zeitler, Fisher right side.

This
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote