Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Right Guard
Per Zac, they have seen enough out of Carman to start him. When asked whether that would happen on Sunday the answer was a smirk and a "we'll see". So maybe a change on the line this weekend

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Start him. He has the pedigree for big games.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
Oh great... With a bum back, and two practices (1 real one)?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think he’s strength is what will make this a better fit than Adeniji, especially on Sunday. Adeniji will likely get just run over by AD, while Carman can at least hold up physically with him.
Reply/Quote
Isn't Carman the better run blocker between him and Adeniji? I already assumed Mixon was getting a hefty workload this Sunday but this all but confirms he will.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Isn't Carman the better run blocker between him and Adeniji? I already assumed Mixon was getting a hefty workload this Sunday but this all but confirms he will.

Carman is also the better pass blocker. I suspect they are thinking of playing power football against the smaller Rams DL and for that Carman is best - also expect Fred Johnson in a lot as OL 6. 
Reply/Quote
If I were the dc of the rams, I’d run stunts right at Carman
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:46 PM)pally Wrote: Per Zac, they have seen enough out of Carman to start him.  When asked whether that would happen on Sunday the answer was a smirk and a "we'll see".  So maybe a change on the line this weekend

Sure hope this is the case. Carman is better at picking up stunts and can out physical even the strongest DT's if he plays with 
leverage. Once Carman gets his hands on the Defender it is a problem for them, just like he did in the first half against the Chiefs
when he got his hands on the Defender on the dump pass to Perine for our longest postseason TD of all time.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: Carman is also the better pass blocker. I suspect they are thinking of playing power football against the smaller Rams DL and for that Carman is best - also expect Fred Johnson in a lot as OL 6. 

I was surprised they used Smith as much as they did in the KC game as 6. I had higher hopes for Fred this year.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope this is the case. Carman is better at picking up stunts and can out physical even the strongest DT's if he plays with 
leverage. Once Carman gets his hands on the Defender it is a problem for them, just like he did in the first half against the Chiefs
when he got his hands on the Defender on the dump pass to Perine for our longest postseason TD of all time.

Fact

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If we get a
More than he has shown in a disappointing rookie year I'm happy. He has looked more like price rookie year which is a disappointment
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: Carman is also the better pass blocker. I suspect they are thinking of playing power football against the smaller Rams DL and for that Carman is best - also expect Fred Johnson in a lot as OL 6. 

100% right. Carman has been better overall when he's been in. He just wasn't kept in due to consistency issues, and thus Adeniji started a hefty amount. Adeniji just doesn't have the sand in his pants to hold his ground.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If we get a
More than he has shown in a disappointing rookie year I'm happy. He has looked more like price rookie year which is a disappointment

I feel the same way.  Mike Brown driving his draft pick upsets me the most with who was still available at the time.  I'd rather disagree with the picks from scouts and coaches who know way more than me, and thus easier to accept.

Im disappointed Carmen couldnt crack this year's starting lineup, as I hope this is the worst unit we have in a long, long time.

All that said, he's our guy now and cheering for him hard on Sunday and hope he comes back next season as a reliable, tough lineman and proves me wrong.
Reply/Quote
It's no Secret that our Right Guard have performed at the lowest Degree. I think he should get the Axe.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 09:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's no Secret that our Right Guard have performed at the lowest Degree. I think he should get the Axe.

[Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 09:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I feel the same way.  Mike Brown driving his draft pick upsets me the most with who was still available at the time.  I'd rather disagree with the picks from scouts and coaches who know way more than me, and thus easier to accept.

Im disappointed Carmen couldnt crack this year's starting lineup, as I hope this is the worst unit we have in a long, long time.

All that said, he's our guy now and cheering for him hard on Sunday and hope he comes back next season as a reliable, tough lineman and proves me wrong.

The trade back to get Carman affected the rest of the draft. It would have been very different, not the least of which would be missing out on McPherson. 
Reply/Quote
This weekend we will see the first start at right guard by.... Bernie! Yes! Its going to be a Super Bowl Weekend With Bernie!

[Image: hello-hey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 09:11 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: The trade back to get Carman affected the rest of the draft. It would have been very different, not the least of which would be missing out on McPherson. 

Good trade!
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 100% right. Carman has been better overall when he's been in. He just wasn't kept in due to consistency issues, and thus Adeniji started a hefty amount. Adeniji just doesn't have the sand in his pants to hold his ground.

Consistency has been Carman's bugaboo. He makes some spectacular plays every game he is in but also a couple of bonehead ones. So the upside is there - if he gets consistency down he is potentially the best RG in football. And if they are thinking about playing power football with the physically smaller and lighter Rams DL he is the logical choice. 
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure hope this is the case. Carman is better at picking up stunts and can out physical even the strongest DT's if he plays with 

This is what I was gonna say. He stays alert and I've seen him come off a help block to pick up a free rusher. I wish he had been getting the starts but maybe the back was more of an issue than we thought.
Reply/Quote