Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riley Reiff
Riley reinjured the ankle in the 3rd quarter. Zac said they were "gathering information" which usually means more imaging and a 2nd opinion. Either way, he really sounded like we could see an extended absence at RT. Prince really struggled on Sunday in the 4th QTR so this is a major concern heading into these last 4 season making/breaking games

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Riley has been solid. WTS, let's see what we have in Carman..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Riley has been solid. WTS, let's see what we have in Carman..

Was thinking the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Riley has been solid. WTS, let's see what we have in Carman..

I was thinking this the other day when Prince had to go into the game. I wonder why the coaches aren't pulling this trigger.
Reply/Quote

I dont disagree about seeing what we have in Carman. Prince hasnt show much so how much worse can it get? Let Carman try his old college position and see how it goes. Carman has kind of vanished this season. Was expecting more from him. He has potential though.
Reply/Quote
Well Carman’s a rookie guard so...

Expect some struggles
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Well Carman’s a rookie guard so...

Expect some struggles

Its impossible not to expect struggles from our OL at this point. The starters have been pretty solid, at least average, but we dont seem to have depth at all. Someone like Reiff goes down, we're definitely going to see a dropoff. Reiff isnt a game changer but he's been solid and an upgrade over Bobby Fart. 
Reply/Quote
Has D’Ante Smith been activated yet? If they’re really down on Carman I’d rather see him get a shot over Prince.

Reply/Quote
TBH they kind of left Prince on an island with no help against Bosa. He never had a chance. Carman's old spot is Left Tackle. So do they move Jonah to RT and put Carman at left, or do they just put Carman at Right, or do we see Fred Johnson (who is not as bad at tackle as he is at guard.)
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: TBH they kind of left Prince on an island with no help against Bosa. He never had a chance. Carman's old spot is Left Tackle. So do they move Jonah to RT and put Carman at left, or do they just put Carman at Right, or do we see Fred Johnson (who is not as bad at tackle as he is at guard.)

If Fred Johnson is healthy, put him in there. I wouldnt mind seeing Carman at RT to see how he does, but I dont see how he practices either. He doesnt seem to be able to make it on the field much anymore. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has D’Ante Smith been activated yet? If they’re really down on Carman I’d rather see him get a shot over Prince.

He has not been activated yet.  They have 2 more weeks to make a decision

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
And this off-season use the $ that was going to be paid to Jessie Bates on the O line instead. Much more important to have a strong O line than a good safety (if they don’t have enough $ to do both)
Reply/Quote
I really expect them to almost solely focus on the oline this upcoming off season and draft. Look at it this way, we are set at WR, QB,RB could maybe use another corner or TE, but the Dline will get Ossai back, and our LBers are playing pretty darned good as well. We have the luxury this upcoming season to be able to focus on one position..... Offensive Line
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:31 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: And this off-season use the $ that was going to be paid to Jessie Bates on the O line instead.  Much more important to have a strong O line than a good safety (if they don’t have enough $ to do both)

The Bengals are currently projected to have the 4th most cap space available, heading into the 2022 NFL year.  They could easily make another huge jump in space available by parting ways with Trey Waynes at season's end.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

has carman been holding down that RG spot?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really expect them to almost solely focus on the oline this upcoming off season and draft. Look at it this way, we are set at WR, QB,RB could maybe use another corner or TE, but the Dline will get Ossai back, and our LBers are playing pretty darned good as well. We have the luxury this upcoming season to be able to focus on one position..... Offensive Line

OL should certainly be the top priority no matter what, but a lot will come down to how many of our own UFA’s we can re-sign. If BJ Hill and Ogunjobi both leave we’ll be pretty hard up at DT. If they cut Waynes (which they absolutely should) we’ll need a starting CB. If they don’t want to pay Bates after a rough year we’ll need a FS. Uzomah leaving would mean we need a pass catching TE. That’s a lot of question marks.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: OL should certainly be the top priority no matter what, but a lot will come down to how many of our own UFA’s we can re-sign. If BJ Hill and Ogunjobi both leave we’ll be pretty hard up at DT. If they cut Waynes (which they absolutely should) we’ll need a starting CB. If they don’t want to pay Bates after a rough year we’ll need a FS. Uzomah leaving would mean we need a pass catching TE. That’s a lot of question marks.

well considering we have said that for about 5 years running......    Do we expect it to be priority #1 next offseason?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: OL should certainly be the top priority no matter what, but a lot will come down to how many of our own UFA’s we can re-sign. If BJ Hill and Ogunjobi both leave we’ll be pretty hard up at DT. If they cut Waynes (which they absolutely should) we’ll need a starting CB. If they don’t want to pay Bates after a rough year we’ll need a FS. Uzomah leaving would mean we need a pass catching TE. That’s a lot of question marks.

I fully expect them to re-sign all our FA's they want to keep. These guys all seem to like it here.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has D’Ante Smith been activated yet? If they’re really down on Carman I’d rather see him get a shot over Prince.

Bradley Chubb getting ready to EAT
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well considering we have said that for about 5 years running......    Do we expect it to be priority #1 next offseason?

There’s a difference between not making it a priority and picking the wrong guys. They’re more guilty of the latter.

Reply/Quote