Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riley Reiff
(12-15-2021, 11:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well so far this year, we have been healthy so most of the positions have been pretty locked with ok success, since injuries that success has decreased and we have continued to be sacked at an alarming rate.. so my judgement on Pollack is cloudy at best

Accurate statement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Accurate statement.

we finally agree...lol
Reply/Quote
I'd love to bring Rieff back as #1 swing tackle. Dude has shown he can play both sides. But Riley may not be interested and it may be too pricey.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 02:12 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: we finally agree...lol

He always agrees, he just won't admit it!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd love to bring Rieff back as #1 swing tackle. Dude has shown he can play both sides. But Riley may not be interested and it may be too pricey.

with him turning 34 next year, i would not throw too much $$ but he has been ok at tackle and gives us some flexibility. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 08:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: with him turning 34 next year, i would not throw too much $$ but he has been ok at tackle and gives us some flexibility. 

people will argue that point and how it doesnt matter because Whitworth is still playing well

even though that is an outlier and very abnormal
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 07:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He always agrees, he just won't admit it!

Oh I fully agree that Essex has cloudy judgment on Pollack. No argument there!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 10:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh I fully agree that Essex has cloudy judgment on Pollack. No argument there!

getting darker every game too.. !!!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 08:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: people will argue that point and how it doesnt matter because Whitworth is still playing well

even though that is an outlier and very abnormal

If we give Reif a big contract at 34 and he flops the exact same people who claimed we should have given Whit 3 years will complain about paying Reiff at that same age.

Everyone here is a great GM with the benefit of hindsight.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 11:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If we give Reif a big contract at 34 and he flops the exact same people who claimed we should have given Whit 3 years will complain about paying Reiff at that same age.

Everyone here is a great GM with the benefit of hindsight.

Whitworth was coming off a Pro Bowl year, which was preceded by a 1st Team All-Pro year, preceded by a 2nd Team All-Pro year. He was playing at the peak of his position each year. He was also probably the biggest leader on the entire team.

Reiff has never been a Pro Bowler, never been an All-Pro, never been at the peak of his position, and I don't recall him being a big leader.

But you feel free to keep on keeping on with your idea that letting Whitworth go being a terrible move was a hindsight idea.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 10:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh I fully agree that Essex has cloudy judgment on Pollack. No argument there!

Might be a reason he's bouncing around since leaving dallas
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 11:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Might be a reason he's bouncing around since leaving dallas

2 teams. Same number as his former mentor Bill Callahan since he left Dallas himself. And Zac Taylor not doing everything in his power to keep Pollack in the building when he took over for Marvin was clearly a mistake since he ended up firing his own guy and bringing Pollack back anyway.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 11:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone here is a great GM with the benefit of hindsight.

Not me, I'd still take Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning.
Reply/Quote
I just saw they put Reiff on IR.... uggh
Reply/Quote
Zac confirmed that Reiff is done for the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 02:36 PM)pally Wrote: Zac confirmed that Reiff is done for the season

That sucks for Reiff and the team. We might never see him suit up for the Bengals again.
Reply/Quote