Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ring of Honor Ceremony
(10-02-2021, 11:51 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That was beautiful and all four inductees were most deserving. As for the Ring of Honor itself I want to officially welcome the Cincinnati Bengals to the 1970s.

(10-02-2021, 01:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: [Image: 48b9343a399651ebea6f29977c06695a.jpg]

:smirk:

Seriously. Hey let’s ***** about something that finally happened because it didn’t happen sooner!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 11:17 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: But he only played a handful of years, and only one of them was really any good at all. He just invented an incredibly corny, yet beautiful dance, and became a sensation.

That's why I asked the question to begin with.

His play time isn't necessarily legendary but the dance and swagger will be forever remembered as Bengal related.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 02:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously. Hey let’s ***** about something that finally happened because it didn’t happen sooner!

Yep, it's like the old proverb: "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago.  The second best time is now."
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Icky would be a no from me. We don’t want to make the honor any less special by inducting too many guys. It should only be the absolute best of the best.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 02:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Icky would be a no from me. We don’t want to make the honor any less special by inducting too many guys. It should only be the absolute best of the best.

Right. That is what you would hope for anyway.

ROH doesn't necessarily mean HOF but you'd at least like them to be at Chad's level... or the minimum of Rudi Johnson perhaps?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 10:10 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Would a player like Ickey Woods make it into the ROH?

He's definitely an iconic character in Bengals history.

[Image: 32c679ac5f37e443cfaa29ed3c2e4361.gif]

He will always have a special place in Cincinnati Bengals history, but one season and a dance aren't enough for a RoH distinction. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Love Woods but he would be a no.
Also they need to save space for the bunch of players who will need to be inducted years from now after they win the SB within the next few seasons. A lot of them will have to go in.
They will also have to figure out where they are going to put the Joe B statue…
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 04:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He will always have a special place in Cincinnati Bengals history, but one season and a dance aren't enough for a RoH distinction. 

If Elizabeth Blackburn were all she's cracked up to be, there'd be a hologram of Ickey doing the Shuffle somewhere in the stadium.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I've been thinking about this, and while there are older players who deserve to go up asap, I think it makes sense to put Boomer up next. That way we have the leader of both Super Bowl teams up there.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 11:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've been thinking about this, and while there are older players who deserve to go up asap, I think it makes sense to put Boomer up next. That way we have the leader of both Super Bowl teams up there.

Willie, Corey, Lamar and Trumpy are probably the next 4 most deserving. Chad is deserving, but probably not for a few more years.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Here’s the ceremony for those that haven’t seen it yet.

https://youtu.be/1jm8IoBSj1g

I really love the jackets. Apparently they even match the pattern of Paul Brown’s fedora. Nice touch.

[Image: 6957wi2oovq71.png?width=1049&format=png&...ed973d5b0b]

I respect the hell out of the old timers, but I can’t wait to see some of the guys I actually watched like Chad and Big Willie get their day.

[Image: FAoHmbIVEAYyzaZ?format=jpg&name=large]

Great pictures. I was there and it was really cool.  I think the way the fans cheered and supported all the inductees was cool given the fact that so many of them probably weren't even alive when they played.  

I wish the ESPN special (a football life) on Paul Brown was mandatory viewing for all NFL fans (and dumbass executives).  The entire league owes that man a HUGE debt of gratitude.  

I saw Mike Brown in the elevator (it opened but they had security block and people from getting on, which I understood even though my 88 year old dad could have really used a ride at that point) after the game.  He had a suit on, but a Bengals hat, which kind of made me chuckle.  I recognized him and said quickly before the elevator closed:  "Great to have your dad in the ROH".  He just smiled, nodded, and gave a little wave.  

I know some on here will say I should have ninja'd his ass or something, but I have said for years that he is really just a figure head and the team  is largely run by  Katie, Troy, Duke, and Zach.  Say what you will about their track record and draft busts, but I think they have nailed the past two drafts and the needle is pointing up.

I can't remember the last time I felt so optimistic.  If they find a way to sneak in to the playoffs, well...I just want to see Joey Franchise (props to Uzomah on that one) in the playoffs because he seems to be at his absolute best in the biggest stage.  
Reply/Quote
I don’t want them to water it down moving forward. Chad Johnson, Boomer Esiason, and Corey Dillon deserve to get in there at some point soon, and then way down the road, Geno Atkins and MAYBE A.J. Green.

Who do you add after that? Willie Anderson? Isaac Curtis? Bob Trumpy? At what point does it become less meaningful?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 01:06 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I don’t want them to water it down moving forward. Chad Johnson, Boomer Esiason, and Corey Dillon deserve to get in there at some point soon, and then way down the road, Geno Atkins and MAYBE A.J. Green.

Who do you add after that? Willie Anderson? Isaac Curtis? Bob Trumpy? At what point does it become less meaningful?

Willie was one of the best RT's to ever play, and his numbers show it. He has to go in before any of the newer guys like Atkins or Green. What I am afraid of is fans voting for newer players because they never saw the old one's play. Curtis, Trumpy, Krumrie.... guys that owned the field.
Reply/Quote
So again one of my threads that couldn’t be more uncontroversial (it’s about the RoH ceremony FFS) gets rated one star?

What the hell is wrong some people? These petty little grudges are truly pathetic. Seek help.

Reply/Quote
I can't wait for the bitter debate that comes when Carson Palmer is mentioned.

Do you think he even accepts?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 02:47 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I can't wait for the bitter debate that comes when Carson Palmer is mentioned.

I think CP gets snubbed.

No way a Brown/Blackburn owned team gives him any props whatsoever.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 02:47 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I can't wait for the bitter debate that comes when Carson Palmer is mentioned.

Palmer is not even close to a RoH guy (and I was a big fan). The more interesting debate is about his successor…

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 03:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Palmer is not even close to a RoH guy (and I was a big fan). The more interesting debate is about his successor…

That's what's funny with this team and fan base.

If AJ is great and someone wants him in ROH what does that say about the QB who threw to him the majority of his career? 

Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 03:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That's what's funny with this team and fan base.

If AJ is great and someone wants him in ROH what does that say about the QB who threw to him the majority of his career? 

Popcorn

Eh, AJ went to 7 straight Pro Bowls, and was a top 5 pick for a reason. He was obviously the much better player between the two.

Dalton for the RoH is a tough one though. I honestly think you can make a case either way.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 03:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, AJ went to 7 straight Pro Bowls, and was a top 5 pick for a reason. He was obviously the much better player between the two.

Dalton for the RoH is a tough one though. I honestly think you can make a case either way.

Maybe they can send him a birthday card sometime instead?
Reply/Quote