Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ring of Honor Ceremony
(10-03-2021, 03:57 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Maybe they can send him a birthday card sometime instead?

Ouch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 03:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Palmer is not even close to a RoH guy (and I was a big fan). The more interesting debate is about his successor…

Neither one.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 06:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Neither one.

Agreed. I didn’t want to get labeled a Dalton “hater” but he would probably be a no from me. From that era I think Geno is a lock, and AJ is pretty likely. What about Whit?

Reply/Quote
I think Dillon needs to make the ROH eventually but will they do it for him?

He was a bright spot on some lousy teams and broke a lot of franchise records in the process.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 06:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. I didn’t want to get labeled a Dalton “hater” but he would probably be a no from me. From that era I think Geno is a lock, and AJ is pretty likely. What about Whit?

I'd say yes to all 3 but i hate that my gut says mehhhh to Geno and AJ because they were good (AJ) to really good (Geno) for a relatively short time with 0 playoff wins or production in the playoff losses. Whit has a longer tenure at a higher level, without the same metrics. So for me, Whit is a def yes and Geno and AJ are...ok? Dalton is an easy no for me.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 07:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think Dillon needs to make the ROH eventually but will they do it for him?

He was a bright spot on some lousy teams and broke a lot of franchise records in the process.

Dillon should be a no-brainer yes.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 07:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think Dillon needs to make the ROH eventually but will they do it for him?

It’s a fan vote thing (specifically season ticket holders) so it’s not really up to the team. Dillon was on the inaugural ballot.

Reply/Quote
[Image: rk37qrunpuc8to0vymk6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 07:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: rk37qrunpuc8to0vymk6.jpg]

Was Max Montoya a HOF locker room guy?

David Fulcher made me want to play defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 03:00 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think CP gets snubbed.

No way a Brown/Blackburn owned team gives him any props whatsoever.

A lot of guys could be lumped into that category.  Lemar Parrish is a shoe-in, but he was outspoken about wanting out and wanting more money.  Dillon said he'd rather flip burgers than play here.  Carl Pickens is another great Bengal reciever that ran afoul of the family quite a bit.  I could honestly see Carson coming back for a ceremony before Dillon.  Carson has at least spoken favorably about the team's current direction compared to when he was here.  I've never seen Corey Dillon say anything positive about his time here.

I think the best candidates for next year are Boomer, Chad, Krumrie, and either Willie or Isaac Curtis.  I'd throw Sam Wyche in there, too.  Fulcher is another very strong possibility.  
Reply/Quote
Isaac Curtis is the next guy on the list, no doubt about it.

Then you have to go with Boomer, as an MVP winning QB who took them to the Superbowl.

After those two, you can start thinking about some of the more recent guys like Willie, Corey, and Chad, along with some older 70s/80s guys like Parrish, Krumrie, Fulcher, Brooks, Collinsworth, Reggie Williams, Eddie Edwards, Montoya, Casanova, Pete Johnson. Mike Reid and Bill Bergey are interesting names too. Maybe Trumpy. Dan Ross.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 10:48 PM)Mobster Wrote: Isaac Curtis is the next guy on the list, no doubt about it.

Then you have to go with Boomer, as an MVP winning QB who took them to the Superbowl.

After those two, you can start thinking about some of the more recent guys like Willie, Corey, and Chad, along with some older 70s/80s guys like Parrish, Krumrie, Fulcher, Brooks, Collinsworth, Reggie Williams, Eddie Edwards, Montoya, Casanova, Pete Johnson. Mike Reid and Bill Bergey are interesting names too. Maybe Trumpy. Dan Ross.

No he isn't; that's who YOU want and TBH, there are probably 5 guys that are more-deserving, in front of him.

It's fine to remember the old guard, but if the new guard was significantly-better, then they trump anyone.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see Boomer and Sam Wyche be inducted at the home opener next year. Put Chad in it during a primetime game too. I know a lot of us think that the older guys should get dibs, but to me Chad deserves to be honored sooner rather than later. He played a huge role in bringing this team back to any relevance, and he's the all time receiver. He loved the city of Cincinnati, and he's one of the few former players that doesn't take shots at the organization.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 11:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No he isn't; that's who YOU want and TBH, there are probably 5 guys that are more-deserving, in front of him.

It's fine to remember the old guard, but if the new guard was significantly-better, then they trump anyone.

This.

Willie was the best RT of his era, and 3x All Pro. Chad was the best WR in the league for about a 3 year stretch, and like Jason said he helped make this team relevant again. Boomer won an MVP and went to a Super Bowl. Dillon was about as dominant as a RB can be. If he had played on a more popular team he would have been a massive star.

Those are the guys that should be at the top of the list, imo.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 07:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: rk37qrunpuc8to0vymk6.jpg]
Ken Anderson could be the 1st 2 time ROH winner..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ken Anderson could be the 1st 2 time ROH winner..

I just posted this year’s to show that Dillon was on the ballot.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just posted this year’s to show that Dillon was on the ballot.

ok..I now see Riley as well

As to next year:

Chad
Boomer
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 11:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No he isn't; that's who YOU want and TBH, there are probably 5 guys that are more-deserving, in front of him.

Nah. Curtis was the first great WR in Bengals history, arguably their best WR ever, had more longevity with the team, played in a Superbowl, and didn't force his way off the team as a disgruntled player. Chad will get in at some point, but he'll have to wait his turn. Curtis should definitely be their first WR inducted, and likely will be. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 11:57 PM)Mobster Wrote: Nah. Curtis was the first great WR in Bengals history, arguably their best WR ever, had more longevity with the team, played in a Superbowl, and didn't force his way off the team as a disgruntled player. Chad will get in at some point, but he'll have to wait his turn. Curtis should definitely be their first WR inducted, and likely will be. 

Again, that's who you want, not reality.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Chad ISN'T in before Curtis, period.

And Chad is significantly more-deserving.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 11:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Again, that's who you want, not reality.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Chad ISN'T in before Curtis, period.

And Chad is significantly more-deserving.

Yep.

Chad led the entire NFL in receiving yards in 2006, and led the AFC 4 consecutive seasons. Thats just insanely dominant. And that was playing against those elite Pittsburgh and Baltimore defenses the whole time.

Curtis was before my time, but going solely off the numbers (and yes I know the league was different back then) he just didn’t seem anywhere near as dominant as Chad was.

Reply/Quote