Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of Honor Voting
Voting opens today on the Bengals App for Season Ticket Members.

Season ticket members get 1 vote per season they have been members...

My 17 votes go to Boomer and Chad Johnson

2022 BENGALS RING OF HONOR NOMINEES

Willie Anderson
Jim Breech
James Brooks
Cris Collinsworth
Isaac Curtis
Corey Dillon
Boomer Esiason
David Fulcher
Chad Johnson
Tim Krumrie
Dave Lapham
Max Montoya
Lemar Parrish
Bob Trumpy
Reggie Williams
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I’m not a STH so I don’t get a vote, but if I did - it would be for Chad & Willie.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 11:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not a STH so I don’t get a vote, but if I did - it would be for Chad & Willie.

If I voted with my heart it would be Dillon and Chad but think others deserve it before them.
Reply/Quote
Collinsworth? Over all those other players?
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 11:17 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Collinsworth? Over all those other players?

I changed my vote to Chad Johnson hadn't actually voted yet.  Looking back Collinsworth stats weren't really eye popping. Wonder what happened after his 1st 3 seasons
Reply/Quote
Chad and Trumpy this year, probably Willie and Krumrie next year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 11:15 AM)QueenCity Wrote: If I voted with my heart it would be Dillon and Chad but think others deserve it before them.

Not sure why either Chad or Dillon would be “heart” picks. Both were among the very best at their positions for multiple years (and Willie was the best at his).

Collinsworth definitely shouldn’t go in before some of the other WR’s. It wouldn’t make much sense for a guy that’s probably 4th or 5th as far as Bengals WR’s go - to go in first.

Reply/Quote
Reggie Williams gave 14 years and a right knee to the Bengals. That's my vote.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Fans vote on this?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 11:42 AM)jason Wrote: Fans vote on this?

Season ticket members do.. so yes
Reply/Quote
My first vote would be Reggie Williams.

My second vote would be Chad.

Next year though gotta get Jim Breech in there somehow.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Btw - Willie should be in the RoH as he’s the Bengal that has the best shot at actually getting into the HoF. How can we expect to see him in Canton if our own fanbase is voting for other players ahead of him?

Reply/Quote
For me I think Willie Anderson, to help boost his HOF chances, besides he deserves it. I lean towards getting the older guys in the ring while they are still here to enjoy the honor. Bob Trumpy at 77 is the oldest nominee but I am leaning towards Isaac Curtis.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I just voted Willie and Boomer. The former should be a lock. The latter was a tougher choice, but I decided a league MVP counts for a lot.
Reply/Quote
Collinsworth would be an odd choice, I think. Among Bengals receivers, I definitely place him behind:

Chad
Curtis
Pickens
Green
[Chase]

I place him around this group somewhere:

Houshmandzadeh
Brown
[Higgins]
Reply/Quote
Lemar Parrish deserves to get in immediately.

Parrish held the career return td record for 20 years until Deion Sanders passed him. He is still 5th in NFL history. He also has the highest single season punt return average since the AFL/NFL merger (18.8 in 1974 which is the 8th best mark in league history).

He went to 6 Pro Bowls (as a CB not return man) for the Bengals and 2 more times for the Redskins. He was First Team All-Pro in 1979 and 2nd team in 1980 (also as CB) for Washington.

His 47 career ints place him in the top 50 all-time

He was ProFootballReference's First Team All-Decade CB for the 1970's.
Reply/Quote
Parrish was my #3. Definitely a good choice.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see a more recent Bengals player get in like Chad this go around... 1 recent and 1 old player.

Lots of names to add to the ring of honor... we are putting 2 in a year so most of these guys will get in eventually.
Reply/Quote
Willie Anderson is probably the one to receive the most votes. No brainer. Stud.
Personally, the other would be Chad. He's the franchise leader in receiving and was a gigantic part of the Bengals turnaround from the Forgotten Era. Not only was he great, but he was charismatic. He made the Bengals fun and cool.

I could definitely see arguments though for:
Corey Dillon - Franchise rushing leader. Dude was dominant. The only offense for a number of years. Some will factor in how he left though.
Tim Krumrie - Career leader in tackles. Still put up a respectable 34 sacks across his 11 year Bengals career, which is 10th all-time.
Jim Breech - All time points leader. Kicking machine.
Bob Trumpy - Career receiving yards leader at TE position. Actually has a better YPR than Chad and AJ Green.

Fulcher, Parrish, and Williams have a lot of accolades too, but they're not franchise leaders in much statistically.

One that would actually shock some people who could one day end up on the nomination list:
Brandon Tate

Dude only played with Bengals for 5 seasons, but he is the current franchise holder in Punt Return Yards (1411), 2nd in Kick Return Yards (3517), and leader in total return yards (4928). Tate actually had the same Punt YPR as Parrish (9.2).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lemar Parrish deserves to get in immediately.

Parrish held the career return td record for 20 years until Deion Sanders passed him. He is still 5th in NFL history. He also has the highest single season punt return average since the AFL/NFL merger (18.8 in 1974 which is the 8th best mark in league history).

He went to 6 Pro Bowls (as a CB not return man) for the Bengals and 2 more times for the Redskins. He was First Team All-Pro in 1979 and 2nd team in 1980 (also as CB) for Washington.

His 47 career ints place him in the top 50 all-time

He was ProFootballReference's First Team All-Decade CB for the 1970's.

Lemar Parrish would be one of my two.

And Isaac Curtis. He had a rule named after him that changed the NFL to this day.
Reply/Quote