Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of Honor Voting
I'm old school so I go with the older guys. Boomer and Brooks. The young guys have plenty of time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 11:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If I were to let in a running back before these two, though, I'd pick James Brooks, not Corey Dillon.

Not only because Brooks didn't rage quit the team like Dillon did, but also because he was just as, if not more, productive over his career with the Bengals.

Brooks and Dillon played for the Bengals for 8 years and 7 years, respectively. Brooks had 64 career touchdowns with the Bengals (37 rushing, 27 receiving) vs Dillon's 45 rushing and 5 receiving.
Brooks averaged more yards per carry (4.8 vs 4.3)
They had similar career rushing + receiving yards (9543 for Dillon, 9459 for Brooks).

Brooks is one of my all time favorite Bengals. Beyond the impressive numbers he was also a great blocker. I'd say pound-for-pound the best blocking Bengal RB ever. I even remember when he and Joe Cribbs were both rushing for 1000 yards at Auburn. Brooks was better than Cribbs. If he had played on those Buffalo teams he would probably be in the Hall of Fame.

I guess I have just always been amazed at Dillon's production on some of the worst offenses in NFL history.
Reply/Quote