Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of Honor: Willie & Curtis
Chad not being in yet is a crime.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
You must not have watched the old guys play.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 06:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chad not being in yet is a crime.

He'll be in next year. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

im fine with some of the older guys getting in first...  Was surprised Willie was in this soon to be honest.  figured there were more from before him that were deserving
Reply/Quote
Both well deserving. I wasn't around when Curtis played, but it is often stated he revolutionized the position and the way the game was called. He definitely belongs. On WLW yesterday afternoon, they talked about Big Willie at length. Evidently, PFF has started going back and applying its formulas to some older players. Willie actually graded better than Anthony Munoz. I was kinda shocked to hear that. I knew he was good, but holy smokes, I didn't think he was THAT good.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: Both well deserving. I wasn't around when Curtis played, but it is often stated he revolutionized the position and the way the game was called. He definitely belongs. On WLW yesterday afternoon, they talked about Big Willie at length. Evidently, PFF has started going back and applying its formulas to some older players. Willie actually graded better than Anthony Munoz. I was kinda shocked to hear that. I knew he was good, but holy smokes, I didn't think he was THAT good.

Curtis was good, very good. I hate bringing this up but I will anyways. You have to remember when he played defense's were still allowed to play defense.
Reply/Quote
1. No problem with these two. They are both very deserving.
2. I am shocked that Chad wasn't one of the two selections. Mostly because he's still so vocal and involved with the club. Lots of visibility for him.
3. I do love the concept of getting some of the older guys in while they're able to enjoy it. That makes it pretty special in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: im fine with some of the older guys getting in first...  Was surprised Willie was in this soon to be honest.  figured there were more from before him that were deserving

Willie has been in local news a lot recently especially compared to some of the other players. 

I hope this boosts his chances of HOF membership.  I think 2023 or 2024 may be his best chances. There isn't a huge backlog of offensive lineman who are eligible this or next year. In 2023, other than slam dunk Joe Thomas,  the newly eligible players are dominated by the defense (Harrison, Freeny, Revis).  And Willie's star has been rising lately.  I'm hoping with the team's new prominence they might realize how overlooked Bengals players have been

I'd love to see Willie and one or both Kens go in this year.  Then in Aug of 2024 a nice road trip to Canton to watch the inductions and the Bengals play in the HOF game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:34 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Curtis was good, very good. I hate bringing this up but I will anyways. You have to remember when he played defense's were still allowed to play defense.

Truth

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Willie was a must for the RoH. We can’t expect the HoF to honor him if we don’t ourselves. This was a good step in the right direction.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 10:44 AM)pally Wrote: Willie has been in local news a lot recently especially compared to some of the other players. 

I hope this boosts his chances of HOF membership.  I think 2023 or 2024 may be his best chances. There isn't a huge backlog of offensive lineman who are eligible this or next year. In 2023, other than slam dunk Joe Thomas, the newly eligible players are dominated by the defense (Harrison, Freeny, Revis).  And Willie's star has been rising lately.  I'm hoping with the team's new prominence they might realize how overlooked Bengals players have been

I'd love to see Willie and one or both Kens go in this year.  Then in Aug of 2024 a nice road trip to Canton to watch the inductions and the Bengals play in the HOF game

Which is such a shame. He was an EXCELLENT pass-blocking OL, but very undeserving of the accolades he got, mainly due to draft slot, reputation and where he went to college: he was a top 5 league-wide LT his entire career, but was considered the #1 in the league every year and the accolades speak for it.

Whitworth was better almost every year (and Thomas NEVER had as good a year as Whitworth's 2014, his best year ever) and could actually run block, not to mention Peters, Jake Long, Michael Roos, etc. were all just as good as Thomas and never sniffed the amount of accolades (and Ryan Clady also ate up the other accolades, despite being NOT GOOD for a number of those years. At least Thomas was good).

Anyways. I'm happy for the two and I agree with Nicomo; Boomer and Chad would be my thoughts on who would go in next, however if any old-timer has a chance to usurp one of them (Boomer, not Chad: Chad's a shoo-in, IMO), I would think Montoya has a great chance.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
great players. they deserve it!
Reply/Quote
2 good choices. Had the pleasure of going to quite a few games involving each.
Reply/Quote

i'm glad isaac went in before chad, isaac was a class act on and off the field.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:49 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i'm glad isaac went in before chad, isaac was a class act on and off the field.

And Chad is a WONDERFUL human being off the field, dare I say, a total Chad?
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:49 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i'm glad isaac went in before chad, isaac was a class act on and off the field.

Tell that to the Cal Berkley fans.  Curtis got the football team placed on probation and the track team had a NCAA team championship stripped from them because he was not academically eligible.  As soon as the football team was placed on probation Curtis transferred to San Diego State.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 01:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Tell that to the Cal Berkley fans.  Curtis got the football team placed on probation and the track team had a NCAA team championship stripped from them because he was not academically eligible.  As soon as the football team was placed on probation Curtis transferred to San Diego State.

Read on your post, Cal was charged with several violations, one was not giving curtis and others  a pre exam ...Curtis was not penalized and able to transfer and play at San diego stat. , As for his conduct with Bengals, a total class act all career, which is probable why he got in over Chad this year, i do think Chad gets in next year.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 09:21 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Read on your post, Cal was charged with several violations, one was not giving curtis and others  a pre exam ...Curtis was not penalized and able to transfer and play at San diego stat. , As for his conduct with Bengals, a total class act all career, which is probable why he got in over Chad this year, i do think Chad gets in next year.

No, he got in because the old guard of season ticket holders wanted to recognize one of the older players.

Period.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 12:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And Chad is a WONDERFUL human being off the field, dare I say, a total Chad?

I would question your wonderful human being off the field,  he had some real domestic issues in his life, but I am glad though it seems has  overcome though domestic issues but you can't ignore it totally when you look at his history and I think that and his at times over the top showmanship is what kept him out this year in the Ring. With that said, he does still deserve to be in our Ring of Honor (expect him to make it next year)  as does Dillion who also had issues during his career but their production as a Bengal override any transgressions from being in  the Ring of Honor
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 10:27 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I would question your wonderful human being off the field,  he had some real domestic issues in his life, but I am glad though it seems has  overcome though domestic issues but you can't ignore it totally when you look at his history and I think that and his at times over the top showmanship is what kept him out this year in the Ring. With that said, he does still deserve to be in our Ring of Honor (expect him to make it next year)  as does Dillion who also had issues during his career but their production as a Bengal override any transgressions from being in  the Ring of Honor

He'll be in next year for sure.

And I don't doubt that SOMETHING happened between him and Lozada, but she is a notorious golddigger, that has jumped from sport star to sport star and leaves when things are convenient for her.

Look at him with Rosado now; they have been together for like 4 years and have had a kid, not to mention they (at least on Social Media) empower and honour each other constantly.

He actually has a relationship with all of his kids and spends time with them as well. Guy is an absolute class-act.
Reply/Quote