Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of Honor nominees
This is interesting... I think this is part of the facelift that the Bengals are attempting with their media presence.

The answer probably should be the two Kens. But I think the objective here is also fan engagement.

They put in the 2HoF, and let the fans have their say for the other two in year 1 (but not all fans). I am not sure that they will apply the same rules next year and just let fans dictate.

Based on the wild card of fan voting I suspect both Kens might not make it this year. But I would be surprised if both weren’t in after next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Ken and Ken here, too. This is because it is the history of the Bengals as a whole. The next round must include Chad. The Bengals failed to exist for a very long time before he forced the spotlight back onto Cincy.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see them go from past to more recently.
Reply/Quote
1. Ken Anderson
2. Tim Krumrie
3. Chad Johnson or Willie Anderson
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
just dont "retire" any number, thanks.
Reply/Quote
As much as I think Chad Johnson should be 1st ballot, and that he's the "Mr Bengal" of this century, I think I have to roll with Ken Anderson and Ken Riley. Anderson for obvious reasons and as far as Riley, Canton made that man's family wait way too long, so let's make him first ballot here. If 5 get in this year, then Chad absolutely should be one of them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
And for the love of Paul, get Mike Reid- arguably the franchise's greatest defensive player- on that list and in the ring.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:43 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: And for the love of Paul, get Mike Reid- arguably the franchise's greatest defensive player- on that list and in the ring.

He called Katie and asked to be considered. I heard the last thing he told her was "I can't make you Love Me"... but I got to go now because "There's a Stranger in my House"
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He called Katie and asked to be considered. I heard the last thing he told her was "I can't make you Love Me"

He should have worked his charm on Elizabeth.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 08:52 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He should have worked his charm on Elizabeth.

She told him to just wait a little bit, and he told her "Forever is as Far as I will Go"... but I'll "Walk on Faith"
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He called Katie and asked to be considered. I heard the last thing he told her was "I can't make you Love Me"... but I got to go now because "There's a Stranger in my House"

Nice.  Come to think of it, how many sad country songs could be written about being a Bengals fan over the years?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 12:44 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Nice.  Come to think of it, how many sad country songs could be written about being a Bengals fan over the years?

Reid is as talented a songwriter as he was a football player. Rare.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 12:44 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Nice.  Come to think of it, how many sad country songs could be written about being a Bengals fan over the years?

Plenty....lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 01:04 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would like to hear why some of you would not put Ken Anderson in first.  Not trying to be a jerk but I just don’t see how you can’t include him (MVP/SB QB/best QB in Bengals history).

Also I see no love for Boomer. He was our other MVP/SB QB so I think he should get the honor in ‘22 or ‘23 for sure.  He should get in before Breech (I would not put any kickers in but that me just my bias against them not being true football players)

just read an article that boomer is one of the most overrated QBs of all times lol
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 01:04 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I would like to hear why some of you would not put Ken Anderson in first.  Not trying to be a jerk but I just don’t see how you can’t include him (MVP/SB QB/best QB in Bengals history).

This.

when he retired he was the only QB to lead the league in passing 4 times and the only Bengal to win a league MVP Award.

I know Riley, Curtis, and others had good careers, but none of them are even close to Anderson's accomplishments.
Reply/Quote
Anderson is clear #1. After that it gets tough for me.

I'd say Anderson and Parrish this year. Riley and Dillon next year. the it gets real tricky after that. Top contenders Fulcher, Chad, Trumpy, Boomer.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 12:49 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Plenty....lol

Lucky Man by Monthomery Gentry is a real one.

"Last Sunday when the Bengals lost, Lord it put me in a bad mood"
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Shocked 
Kenny Anderson should be the first one to get it out of this list.
Reply/Quote
To me there's no debate: Kenny Anderson, Ken Riley.
Reply/Quote
I didn't see a need to create a new thread & thought I'd just bump this one. The Bengals Twitter account has been highlighting the nominees.

I totally forgot Boomer threw for 490 yards in a game. Boomer was the QB when I started following the team, so it was fun to check out the tweet.

Reply/Quote