Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of shame team
Bring in Klingler to compete with Akili.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
His lil fluky half season run aside; Jeremy Hill belongs on that list.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(04-08-2021, 07:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Jeremy Hill. Ultimately for his fumble and his stupid tweet after going to Patriots, playing 3Q's in game one and being injured and them winning the SB.

Jeremy hill was actually one of my favorite bengals,the fans grill him so hard for that fumble in the worst moment. But there's been other players ruining playoff games one has red hair. Still stayed on the team for years and not grilled so bad. 

Also another favorite was vontaze burfict,loved his nastiness at linebacker,hard hitting style and willing to win at all costs. Another player who is shamed by fans. 
(04-08-2021, 07:34 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Most are too young to remember this name but THE worst starting LT for the Bengals was Rod 'toast' Jones who played w/ Klingler

Found this quote: Rod Jones truly earned his "toast" nickname, one Klingler concussion at a time.

Pretty sure Toast Jones was a CB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I don't see how Ki-Jana Carter doesn't make it at RB. Kenny Irons is an honorable mention, though.

Armon Binns should be on there, too. Perhaps no player exemplifies Bengal fandom more than Binns...ie:overhyping some scrub and praying to God he works out.

The omission of Rod "Toast" Jones is a damn travesty, though.
(04-08-2021, 07:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure Toast Jones was a CB

We also had a starting T named Rod Jones, too.  He didn't have the nickname, though.
(04-08-2021, 07:41 PM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: Jeremy hill was actually one of my favorite bengals,the fans grill him so hard for that fumble in the worst moment. But there's been other players ruining playoff games one has red hair. Still stayed on the team for years and not grilled so bad. 

Also another favorite was vontaze burfict,loved his nastiness at linebacker,hard hitting style and willing to win at all costs. Another player who is shamed by fans. 

That's cause on top of being a scrub, Jeremy Hill is a garbage person.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(04-08-2021, 07:44 PM)jason Wrote: That's cause on top of being a scrub, Jeremy Hill is a garbage person.

Lol yeah ok, I'm not even going to argue you. Already know what you would say.
(04-08-2021, 07:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't see how Ki-Jana Carter doesn't make it at RB.  Kenny Irons is an honorable mention, though.

Armon Binns should be on there, too.  Perhaps no player exemplifies Bengal fandom more than Binns...ie:overhyping some scrub and praying to God he works out.  

The omission of Rod "Toast" Jones is a damn travesty, though.

Ki-Jana shouldn't be on there. He wasn't over hyped, he was a first round draft pick that tore his leg up before they had the medical marvels of today. He wasn't able to cut and move like he did prior to the injury and just wasn't the same back. 

Same thing that happened to David Pollack, just Pollack had half a season to get some stats before he broke his neck.

I never look at those guys as busts, they were just super freak accidents and ruined perfectly good careers.

Guys like Akili Smith, had health and all the chances in the world... they just sucked.

Rod Jones also fits this profile so well, 1st rounder of the Bucs, and just got torched for years.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(04-08-2021, 07:41 PM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: Jeremy hill was actually one of my favorite bengals,the fans grill him so hard for that fumble in the worst moment. But there's been other players ruining playoff games one has red hair. Still stayed on the team for years and not grilled so bad. 

No love for Hill.

(04-08-2021, 07:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: We also had a starting T named Rod Jones, too.  He didn't have the nickname, though.

yes BFINE we did have a CB Rod Jones........i believe he ran down Bo Jackson from behind after he broke off a huge run 

Rod Jones the T was turrrrible, got burned by every DE in the league

He is why Klinger sits in the corner drinking from a straw
(04-08-2021, 07:45 PM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: Lol yeah ok, I'm not even going to argue you. Already know what you would say.

I didn't say it... Just taking the Baton Rouge police department's word for it. Then there was his petty and clownish tweet. Hope he enjoys that ring before his broke ass has to sell it.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(04-08-2021, 07:52 PM)jason Wrote: I didn't say it... Just taking the Baton Rouge police department's word for it. Then there was his petty and clownish tweet. Hope he enjoys that ring before his broke ass has to sell it.

Anybody got any of those rings?  Hilarious

Cordy Glenn should get a mention.
(04-08-2021, 07:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: We also had a starting T named Rod Jones, too.  He didn't have the nickname, though.

They both played at the same time, if I remember correctly. 
(04-08-2021, 07:57 PM)Mer Wrote: They both played at the same time, if remember correctly. 

Just for 1 year ('96)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
I know we had 2 players named Rod Jones; I was just saying it was the CB that "earned" the nickname Toast
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-08-2021, 06:16 PM)wcu Wrote: Our awesome new ring of honor got me thinking about some of the truly horrendous players we've had over the years (that Geoff Hobson tried to convince us we're good). I've taken a stab at coming up with the worst group of starters possible from across the team's history.

What do you think? Who would you change. I was a child in the 80s so I'm obviously dating myself with these choices. I tried to only pick starters or guys who saw significant playing time.

QB: Akili Smith
RB: Kenny Watson
FB: Cliff Groce
WR: John Ross
WR: Ron Dugans
TE: Daniel Coates
LT: Scott Rehburg
LG: Nate Livings
C: Eric Ghiaciuc
RG: Alex Redmond
RT: Cedric Ogbhuehe

DE: Margus Hunt
DE: Jordan Willis
DT: Matthias Askew
DT: Devon Still
LB: Dontay Moch
LB: Brandon Bell
LB: Paul Dawson
CB: Juwan Armor
CB: Josh Shaw
S: Lamont Thompson
S: Ifeyani Ohalete

K: Neil Rackers
P: Nick Harris
LS: Brad St. Louis

I saw you talk about extensive playing time so I had to keep that in mind.

Kenny Watson was decent for his role.
JoJaun Armour was a Safety.
Brad St Louis was good up until his last season.

Gotta have Sean Brewer on there. Good list
(04-08-2021, 07:57 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Cordy Glenn should get a mention.

Truly a debacle... We were excited as hell when we got him too.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Very good list and additions. I would add Craig Yeast. He was beastly at being underwhelming.

You could almost add Peter Warrick too. He had some production and was a good role player guy in the end, but he never lived up even close to his draft status.

Oh yeah and that LB we drafted in the first round. Keith Rivers.