Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roberto Aguayo?
If he is available 2nd or 3rd round, would you pull the trigger for the most accurate kicker in NCAA history?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2618770-meet-roberto-aguayo-the-nfls-most-promising-kicking-prospect-this-century

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We already have a kicker who was a second round pick.
Reply/Quote
Earliest I would go is 3rd. He'd be a top priority if he were in the 4th.
But I think that's if we do our job in FA and actually fix some holes via FA
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 02:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Earliest I would go is 3rd. He'd be a top priority if he were in the 4th.

Agreed. Can't use anything higher than a 7th rounder on a kicker unless there are some decent/good FA acquisitions to fill the holes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 02:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Earliest I would go is 3rd. He'd be a top priority if he were in the 4th.

(02-25-2016, 03:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed. Can't use anything higher than a 7th rounder on a kicker unless there are some decent/good FA acquisitions to fill the holes.

Yeah, I'd agree with this too.  I put in 2nd round in the OP, because I don't know if he'll be there past the 2nd....although Al Davis is no longer with us Smirk

This would sure be an upgrade at K, IMO.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 04:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I'd agree with this too.  I put in 2nd round in the OP, because I don't know if he'll be there past the 2nd....although Al Davis is no longer with us Smirk

This would sure be an upgrade at K, IMO.

Yep.. I've heard good things about the Duke kicker too.

The way we hang on to Nugent is a joke. 

Must be tough for a kicker to grasp our massive playbook 
Reply/Quote
That would be cool having the great "El Guapo" on our team.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 04:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yep.. I've heard good things about the Duke kicker too.

I'm with ya.  We need to address K, and this year has a couple of good ones, one REAL good one available.  It will be interesting to see where he winds up.  I *think* he is the only K since Se-Bas to come out early.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 04:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yep.. I've heard good things about the Duke kicker too.

All you gotta do is say, "I grew up a Bengals fan" and you've got a roster spot. That's the only reason I can think of for us keeping Nugent for as long as we have.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 05:22 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: All you gotta do is say, "I grew up a Bengals fan" and you've got a roster spot. That's the only reason I can think of for us keeping Nugent for as long as we have.

I really don't know why more teams don't invest in great kickers. It's saved so many teams...and won NE a few SB
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 05:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I really don't know why more teams don't invest in great kickers. It's saved so many teams...and won NE a few SB

It is amazing how it works out for kickers. Look at Justin Tucker, he was brought in to alleviate Billy Cundiff's camp work load and wound up winning the job.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 05:26 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It is amazing how it works out for kickers. Look at Justin Tucker, he was brought in to alleviate Billy Cundiff's camp work load and wound up winning the job.

We could bring in a guy who could be money from 65 yards and in but keep Nugent because we are familiar with him
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 05:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: We could bring in a guy who could be money from 65 yards and in but keep Nugent because we are familiar with him

That's pretty much the story with the guy. Seriously, as soon as we signed Tom Obarski last year, it was instantly announced that he was here strictly to give Nugent some rest during TC and he had no shot at winning the starting job. Why would we not want to make sure we have the best option at kicker?
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 05:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: We could bring in a guy who could be money from 65 yards and in but keep Nugent because we are familiar with him

That's true. Nugent knows the play calls on FGs and kickoffs.

In a related note, seeing as how the Bengals are nitpicky with contracts, I'm surprised they keep an aging kicker at $2 mill a year ($1.5 mill in 2016) over a UDFA who will make just about $500,000. Would save the team at least $1 million to go toward a FA or re-signing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 05:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's true. Nugent knows the play calls on FGs and kickoffs.

In a related note, seeing as how the Bengals are nitpicky with contracts, I'm surprised they keep an aging kicker at $2 mill a year ($1.5 mill in 2016) over a UDFA who will make just about $500,000. Would save the team at least $1 million to go toward a FA or re-signing.

While it would seem like us going with the cheaper option is a Bengals move, all you have to do is read a Hobson article about Nuge. He always brings up Nugent going to Bengals games when he was younger. The Bengals treat Nugent like a Hollywood story.

"The young kid who grew up a Bengals fan. Made it to the pros and flopped with the Jets, Cardinal, and Buccaneers. However, the day came when the Bengals called. He finally achieved his dream of playing the Bengals and proceeded to give the Bengals a promising "meh" performance."

Coming this September, it's "Complacency"
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 05:49 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Coming this September, it's "Complacency"

2.5 STARS

"Medicore AF" - TIME
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 05:49 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: While it would seem like us going with the cheaper option is a Bengals move, all you have to do is read a Hobson article about Nuge. He always brings up Nugent going to Bengals games when he was younger. The Bengals treat Nugent like a Hollywood story.

"The young kid who grew up a Bengals fan. Made it to the pros and flopped with the Jets, Cardinal, and Buccaneers. However, the day came when the Bengals called. He finally achieved his dream of playing the Bengals and proceeded to give the Bengals a promising "meh" performance."

Coming this September, it's "Complacency"

We are the fast and furious of football franchises. 

2005 - the first one
2009 - the sequel 
2010 - the one with no one from the first one
2011-16 - all  the other ones that are just the same movie rehashed a half-dozen times and no one really cares because. 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 02:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: If he is available 2nd or 3rd round, would you pull the trigger for the most accurate kicker in NCAA history?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2618770-meet-roberto-aguayo-the-nfls-most-promising-kicking-prospect-this-century

I would take him in th 4th. I don't think the team will draft a kicker, but maybe they'll surprise me.
Besides being insanely accurate, he's got a very strong leg and can make 50yd + field goals easily.
Reply/Quote
I'd love the pick honestly but is he a cold weather kicker.
The stalled rezone drives would end with three points +/-40.
If we retain our priorities I say sure.
We could've used those three points in some of the playoff games that we lost. He would also pay big dividends quick.
Reply/Quote
Round 3 or 4 if we are able to keep both Adam and Marvin jones, Iloka, and preferably Nelson too. Then get a DT and WR/LB in the first 2-3 rounds and I'm all for it. I've been waiting for this kid to make it to the NFL for 3 years now. Shame he's getting so much love that he's likely a 3rd rounder, but just shows how good he is. On the other hand he seemed to be coming back down to earth last season, think he struggled a bit from longer range this year.

He's perfect from inside 40 yards on his career (49/49) which would be great to have. He's 20/29 from outside of 40, most of those struggles were from this season when he was 5/10 (at least one was blocked that I can remember, maybe 2). I watched him and noticed these struggles which give me a bit of pause when it comes to spending such a high pick on him, that combined with the weather difference from Florida to Cincinnati and the more I think about it the less likely I would be to spend a 3rd rounder on him. Plus kicking is so mental that sometimes guys just seem to lose it randomly and never really recover. That said I still think he'd be a no-brainer in the 4th.
Reply/Quote