Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodney Anderson
WHat are your guys thoughts on Rodney Anderson?

I think he will be a huge difference maker if he can stay healthy, but that is a big question.

How do you think he will do this upcoming season for us? :andy: Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
He has a mountain to climb but he can do it
He has to stay healthy 1st and foremost
Then he needs to prove himself as a special teams
Player.
Their will be a highly contested battle for the spots
Behind Joe Mixon.
But did impress in his small sample size vs the Giants
Last year
Reply/Quote
Even if he's healthy I really can't imagine seeing much work for him. That is, of course, barring an injury to Mixon.

Over the last 3 season we've had exactly 51 carries (17 carries per season) go to running backs not named Mixon or Bernard.

Of those, 37 went to Jeremy Hill, who started the '17 season, and split time. Since then, we've only had Mark Walton with a grand total of 14 attempts.

I'd look for Mixon to get somewhere between 275-300 carries. Bernard has gotten right around 50 the last two seasons. His usage was even higher before, where he averaged 125 per season.

I still look for Bernard to see quite a bit of snaps on 3rd and long too. He's a much better receiving threat than Anderson, and he's probably the best back we have at picking up the blitz. So I can't see Anderson working into that role either.

So I just don't know where the carries or work come from. Could get 10-30 on the year, and "flash" a bit? Perhaps. But that's most likley going to come from either fill in work, or late in blowout games. Is that enough to be conidered meaningful?

The only way I see this guy being a real difference maker is if Mixon goes down. And that's no knock on the guy. That's just the reality of being a running back low on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
He is more fragile than Tyler Eifert. I don't see anyway he makes it in the NFL

Here are his last 5 seasons.

2015, season ending broken leg after two games.
2016, missed entire season with broken vertebrae
2017, played 13 games
2018, season ending ACL injury after 2 games
2019, season ending ACL injury in preseason
Reply/Quote
And even if he somehow stays healthy he still is not as good as Trayveon Williams.

I think it takes an injury to another RB for Anderson to even make the roster.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 01:06 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He has a mountain to climb but he can do it
He has to stay healthy 1st and foremost
Then he needs to prove himself as a special teams
Player.
Their will be a highly contested battle for the spots
Behind Joe Mixon.
But did impress in his small sample size vs the Giants
Last year

I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out, and I'm honest to God going to try to do it the most polite way possible:  It is very, very hard to read your posts.

I'm really not trying to be a dick.  I actually think you make some decent points but it's almost impossible to get throught the first two or three lines.  I'm not trying to be grammar Nazi or anything. But if you're going to put in the effort in to share your opinions wouldn't you at least what them read/heard?

You don't even have to use paragraphs if you don't like. Just ending each line in a complete sentance would go such a long way in this being readable.  I just don't get the rationale here, and I know I can't be the only one.  Why not change it up?

Sorry, if this comes across as rude. It's not meant to be.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 01:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out, and I'm honest to God going to try to do it the most polite way possible:  It is very, very hard to read your posts.

I'm really not trying to be a dick.  I actually think you make some decent points but it's almost impossible to get throught the first two or three lines.  I'm not trying to be grammar Nazi or anything. But if you're going to put in the effort in to share your opinions wouldn't you at least what them read/heard?

You don't even have to use paragraphs if you don't like. Just ending each line in a complete sentance would go such a long way in this being readable.  I just don't get the rationale here, and I know I can't be the only one.  Why not change it up?

*through     Wink
* put in the effort, or put the effort in.... not put in the effort in.... Wink
Reply/Quote
I'd say Anderson is a long shot to make the team, at best.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, he came into the league as someone with huge potential, but a very risky prospect due to injuries. I guess after tearing an ACL yet again the risk didn't pay off. These knees usually do not get miraculously more stable after several ACL tears.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 01:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out, and I'm honest to God going to try to do it the most polite way possible:  It is very, very hard to read your posts.

You’re definitely not the only one. I’ve previously stated that I unfortunately skim over a lot of impactplaya’s posts because of his odd writing style. I’ve even asked him (more than once) why he writes like that, and he never answers...

It drives me crazy!

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 03:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It drives me crazy!

It doesn't bother me.

Just looks really stupid.

Seems like a scream for attention.  I can't think of any other explanation.
Reply/Quote
He will be the 4th RB on the roster and probably inactive on game days. He might play a game or 2 if Mixon is hurt.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I feel Gio has plenty of job security thanks to R Anderson.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 02:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, he came into the league as someone with huge potential, but a very risky prospect due to injuries. I guess after tearing an ACL yet again the risk didn't pay off. These knees usually do not get miraculously more stable after several ACL tears.

Very true. Hi risk, low reward player. 

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It doesn't bother me.

Just looks really stupid.

Seems like a scream for attention.  I can't think of any other explanation.

It's not a scream for attention. 
It's how my thoughts present itself as I type 

Have a good day 
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 12:50 PM)magikod Wrote: WHat are your guys thoughts on Rodney Anderson?

I think he will be a huge difference maker if he can stay healthy, but that is a big question.

How do you think he will do this upcoming season for us?  :andy:  Rock On

I think when Rodney is healthy he is as smooth of a RB as you will see and he can do it all. Catch, pickup the blitz, has good vision.

But who knows if he can ever stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think when Rodney is healthy he is as smooth of a RB as you will see and he can do it all. Catch, pickup the blitz, has good vision.

But who knows if he can ever stay healthy.

pretty much my thoughts. 

Stay healthy show your worth and continue to stay healthy. He has the potential, just a major health risk.  But it's OK if he doesn't pan out, it's not like he was a 1st round pick.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 05:39 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: pretty much my thoughts. 

Stay healthy show your worth and continue to stay healthy. He has the potential, just a major health risk.  But it's OK if he doesn't pan out, it's not like he was a 1st round pick.

Yep, I actually see Traveon Williams maybe coming on and being good for us more likely as he doesn't have near as extensive of a
injury history. Traveon can catch and is very fast, he could be a good scat back for us similar to Gio if Gio gets hurt.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 05:01 PM)impactplaya Wrote: It's not a scream for attention. 
It's how my thoughts present itself as I type 

Have a good day 

You must be, or have been a musician. You write thoughts line by line without the need to make a sentence. My son wrote like this often. Kind of looks like lyrics to a song. Your post's are fine and your expression is welcomed. I don't think anyone was trying to be mean as much as curious? Keep posting away playa! Who-Dey!

Reply/Quote
I dont think he will be a factor for us.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote