Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New QB salary bar set
(07-08-2020, 01:17 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: I am not saying he isn’t worth that amount of money. I just think it will be interesting to see how this affects the Chiefs when it comes to retaining talent at other positions. So 25% of their cap will be Mahomes? Is that correct?

No one is worth that amount of money for playing a game.  But more power to him if he can get it.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 07:39 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: No one is worth that amount of money for playing a game.  But more power to him if he can get it.

Sure they are. If a player wins championships, and sells tickets and jerseys they’re worth every penny. There’s a reason a team is willing to pay that much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 07:39 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: No one is worth that amount of money for playing a game.  But more power to him if he can get it.

Based on the income the NFL generates he is absolutely worth that much money.
Reply/Quote
Someone is willing to pay him that much. Not the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 06:02 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Someone is willing to pay him that much. Not the same thing.

But you have to ask yourself why? It isn’t out of the goodness of their hearts...

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 08:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But you have to ask yourself why? It isn’t out of the goodness of their hearts...

I get what is being said.

In the grand scheme of things, teachers, fire and rescue, police and military  are generally under compensated, to the detriment of us all. 
Meanwhile people who play games, sing songs, and pretend to be people they aren't  (and the organizations devoted to these crafts) are wildly overcompensated.

Entertainment is King though. And maybe it's actually more important than my comment suggests. Just seems like our society is a little  off kilter in some ways...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs sure went all in with Mahomes. Big risk if he gets injured but eh, it is all a risk.

Better to risk it on a guy that could be an all time great.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 12:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Chiefs sure went all in with Mahomes. Big risk if he gets injured but eh, it is all a risk.

Better to risk it on a guy that could be an all time great.

He already is, imo. Even if he retired tomorrow he’ll go down as one the best I’ve ever seen. And his resume would include a 50 TD season (only other QB’s to do it are Brady and Peyton Manning), an MVP, a Super Bowl ring and SB MVP.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 09:50 PM)SladeX Wrote: I get what is being said.

In the grand scheme of things, teachers, fire and rescue, police and military  are generally under compensated, to the detriment of us all. 
Meanwhile people who play games, sing songs, and pretend to be people they aren't  (and the organizations devoted to these crafts) are wildly overcompensated.

Entertainment is King though. And maybe it's actually more important than my comment suggests. Just seems like our society is a little  off kilter in some ways...

It's more about rarity of the service performed rather than the "value" of it.  Patrick Mahommes, Johnny Depp, and Taylor Swift could all learn to do my job faster than I could learn to do theirs, so that's all there is to it.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 05:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He already is, imo. Even if he retired tomorrow he’ll go down as one the best I’ve ever seen. And his resume would include a 50 TD season (only other QB’s to do it are Brady and Peyton Manning), an MVP, a Super Bowl ring and SB MVP.

All true and to do it so young is another thing to hold his hat on.

I never have seen a QB like Mahomes myself, closest talent and arm wise might be Aaron Rodgers at least in our modern time.

Think it will be a good to great move in the long run for the Chiefs as long as they can keep a decent team around him.

Could be hard to do it though with that contract.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true and to do it so young is another thing to hold his hat on.

I never have seen a QB like Mahomes myself, closest talent and arm wise might be Aaron Rodgers at least in our modern time.

Think it will be a good to great move in the long run for the Chiefs as long as they can keep a decent team around him.

Could be hard to do it though with that contract.

Yep, as far as natural ability, I think those two are in a class of their own. Peyton had the big brain, and Brady has ice in his veins, but Rodgers and Mahomes are just crazy with what they can do physically.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep, as far as natural ability, I think those two are in a class of their own. Peyton had the big brain, and Brady has ice in his veins, but Rodgers and Mahomes are just crazy with what they can do physically.

You know it Nicomo and I ain't gonna jinx our guy who I think has the Peyton and Brady qualities....

Our guy can run like those other guys too. Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2020, 05:20 PM)pally Wrote: Patrick Mahomes will be receiving a new contract according to Schefter.  10 years and over $400,000,000.  

That is crazy and scary to think about if Joe Burrow turns out to be as good as we hope he will be.  But give credit to KC for going all in for the long haul.

Patrick Mahomes is not a Bengal. And since he hasn't signed any type of contract... Joe Burrow is not a Bengal right now.  So... this post needs moved.

You moved a post about Gruden, because he wasn't a Bengal what is different here?
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 12:01 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Patrick Mahomes is not a Bengal. And since he hasn't signed any type of contract... Joe Burrow is not a Bengal right now.  So... this post needs moved.

You moved a post about Gruden, because he wasn't a Bengal what is different here?

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 12:05 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:

Cool video.  I haven't been called a name in YEARS. And yes, that video is 100% name calling me a psycho, lol.

I am a retired combat veteran.  Name calling is called "posturing" and you do it because..... well that is not a JN topic is it? But Lt. Col Dave Grossman wrote some ground-breaking books on the subject.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 11:47 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: None of these are employed by the Bengals by the author's own admissions this is not fit for JN.

(07-16-2020, 11:49 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: None of these players are Bengals, so they don't belong in JN.

(07-17-2020, 12:01 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Patrick Mahomes is not a Bengal. And since he hasn't signed any type of contract... Joe Burrow is not a Bengal right now.  So... this post needs moved.

You’re really upset about that thread being moved...

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2020, 12:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re really upset about that thread being moved...

Wrong is wrong. I am just not scared to shout it from the roof tops.
Reply/Quote