Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
Roe Vs Wade Overturned
What is with the GOP taking away freedoms forcing women who they will never know to carry unwanted pregnancies really all about? Are they worried the second coming of Jesus is going to get aborted?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 08:56 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What is with the GOP taking away freedoms forcing women who they will never know to carry unwanted pregnancies really all about? Are they worried the second coming of Jesus is going to get aborted?

They should be worried the second coming of George Soros won't be. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2023, 12:58 PM)basballguy Wrote: Uh, ya dude....I'm perfectly ok with any law that makes it harder for my teenage daughter to get an abortion without me knowing about it.  (If she were pregnant).

I don't think that's the worst case scenario.

There was an underaged girl in Ohio that became pregnant through rape last year.  She was forced to flee to Indiana to obtain access to abortion due to it being illegal in Ohio.  This is the kind of thing that becomes worst case scenario.  

I don't have a daughter, but if I did, there's no way in the world I wouldn't take the same countermeasure that this girl's parents did.  
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2023, 10:34 AM)samhain Wrote: I don't think that's the worst case scenario.

There was an underaged girl in Ohio that became pregnant through rape last year.  She was forced to flee to Indiana to obtain access to abortion due to it being illegal in Ohio.  This is the kind of thing that becomes worst case scenario.  

I don't have a daughter, but if I did, there's no way in the world I wouldn't take the same countermeasure that this girl's parents did.  

No worst case scenario is performing an abortion on a minor without the parent knowing. My daughter is an adult now, but if a Dr performed an abortion or any other non-emergency procedure on my children, there would be a real problem. I can’t fathom people that are ok with this.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 08:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No worst case scenario is performing an abortion on a minor  without the parent knowing. My daughter is an adult now, but if a Dr performed an abortion or any other non-emergency procedure on my children, there would be a real problem. I can’t fathom people that are ok with this.

Agree to disagree.  I'd rather my daughter that I don't actually have abort a pregnancy without my knowledge than get raped and be forced to carry the rapist's baby to term.  It's honestly not really even close for me.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 08:50 PM)samhain Wrote: Agree to disagree.  I'd rather my daughter that I don't actually have abort a pregnancy without my knowledge than get raped and be forced to carry the rapist's baby to term.  It's honestly not really even close for me.

The girl went to Indiana. Sorry, fled to Indiana.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 08:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The girl went to Indiana.  Sorry, fled to Indiana.

Right.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 08:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No worst case scenario is performing an abortion on a minor  without the parent knowing. My daughter is an adult now, but if a Dr performed an abortion or any other non-emergency procedure on my children, there would be a real problem. I can’t fathom people that are ok with this.

I think the main issue is that these initiatives have been using the "just for the kids...come on...protect the kids" method as a means to get a foot in the door before expanding the regulations to outright bans.  The dont say gay bill, the Missouri library thing, drag shows, this.  The end goal is to make sure they're deemed unsuitable for all under the guise of protecting kids from it.  Just my 2 cents as to why people would take the zero tolerance policy on the government cracking down on stuff.
Reply/Quote

One would have to wonder why your daughter was so afraid to tell you she was active that she had to get an abortion without you knowing.

Gotta have that dialogue with your kids.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 08:50 PM)samhain Wrote: Agree to disagree.  I'd rather my daughter that I don't actually have abort a pregnancy without my knowledge than get raped and be forced to carry the rapist's baby to term.  It's honestly not really even close for me.

Hard choice for some parents, I guess. 

Or we wouldn't have laws requiring ten-year-olds to carry their rapists' babies to terms. 

I wouldn't be willing to put party above family.
Reply/Quote
"Think about the children!"  Whatever

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 02:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: "Think about the children!"  Whatever

Conservatives seem to be waffling on the whole parental rights thing.  This girl's parents agreed to the abortion and went through the legal process of getting an abortion and this woman is upset the government merely made it difficult for the parents to choose for their daughter, rather than simply making it impossible?  Am I getting this right?
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 02:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Conservatives seem to be waffling on the whole parental rights thing.  This girl's parents agreed to the abortion and went through the legal process of getting an abortion and this woman is upset the government merely made it difficult for the parents to choose for their daughter, rather than simply making it impossible?  Am I getting this right?

Pretty much.  They want a total end to all abortions and total control over what parents can do.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 02:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Conservatives seem to be waffling on the whole parental rights thing.  This girl's parents agreed to the abortion and went through the legal process of getting an abortion and this woman is upset the government merely made it difficult for the parents to choose for their daughter, rather than simply making it impossible?  Am I getting this right?

Conservatives want parental choice as long as it corresponds to their beliefs.

Liberal parents can't choose the medical treatments best for their child's future
Liberal parents can't choose to have their child treated for transgenderism
Liberal parents can't take their child to a family-friendly drag show or drag show reading hour
Liberal parents can't choose their child's reading material
Liberal parents can't choose to have their child taught truthful American history

Conservatives constantly preach FREEDOM...but only if it is their brand of freedom

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Wow Streitmann was big mad that the 10 year old didn't get forced to give birth to a child of rape.  My kid is 10, I can't imagine that kind of reponsibility being. forced on a kid that age after an event that traumatic.  

She looked like a legit raving psycho.  You know your argument sucks when you actually have to say something like "I don't support the rape".  Well whoopee shit, what an upstanding humanitarian example you provide to us all!
Reply/Quote
What about the life of the baby created by rape? I guess some people think it is worthless. There have been women who gave birth to a baby after being raped. All life should be valued. Some people can forgive horrible events.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 10:43 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: What about the life of the baby created by rape? I guess some people think it is worthless. There have been women who gave birth to a baby after being raped. All life should be valued. Some people can forgive horrible events.

I'd say this is one of those grey areas where there are no easy answers.  Thus, making something 100% illegal and forbidden isn't what I'd consider the most logical reaction.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 09:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think the main issue is that these initiatives have been using the "just for the kids...come on...protect the kids" method as a means to get a foot in the door before expanding the regulations to outright bans.  The dont say gay bill, the Missouri library thing, drag shows, this.  The end goal is to make sure they're deemed unsuitable for all under the guise of protecting kids from it.  Just my 2 cents as to why people would take the zero tolerance policy on the government cracking down on stuff.

This is a Wade vs Roe thread Nate, not a Democrats vs 2nd Amendment thread.   Ninja 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 10:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This is a Wade vs Roe thread Nate, not a Democrats vs 2nd Amendment thread.   Ninja 

You make a good point, but we've already seen that the not so secret secret to getting the GOP to crack down on guns is seeing black people exercise their 2A rights.  I suppose "protecting the children from black guys" could be used to reinforce it, though.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You make a good point, but we've already seen that the not so secret secret to getting the GOP to crack down on guns is seeing black people exercise their 2A rights.  I suppose "protecting the children from black guys" could be used to reinforce it, though.

Think you're talking about just the past. Because of the rioting, pandemic, and crime, African American gun ownership jumped 58% (primarily black women) in the first 6 months of 2020 alone. It's the biggest increase of any demographic.. Since then the Supreme Court made the DC v Heller ruling and 10 states have had permit-less concealed carry come into effect.

I think saying that now might be a bit like saying enlisting in the military is for the poor, which came from Vietnam, but for a good while now the enlisted are primarily middle-class. Will there be more isolated instances where it's true? Sure. Is it the norm anymore? No.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote