Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scout: D Hill Is Best Michigan DB Since Woodson!
(05-03-2022, 04:14 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: They are fairly different players. Woodson played boundary CB, primarily. Hill won't be out there often. Good comparisons for Hill are Tyrann Mathieu and Jevon Holland, I think. 

Woodson was a Nickel in back half of his career in Greenbay. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 04:14 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: They are fairly different players. Woodson played boundary CB, primarily. Hill won't be out there often. Good comparisons for Hill are Tyrann Mathieu and Jevon Holland, I think. 
Like J24 said, Woodson played safety at the end of his career and I think that's where Hill will excel. He's athletic and tough, so I think he'll excel all over our defense, but I don't think he'll be on the outside too much.
(05-03-2022, 04:28 PM)J24 Wrote: Woodson was a Nickel in back half of his career in Greenbay. 

Yep. I admired him so much that he could play safety after being such a star corner for so long. I mainly played safety before the wreck but also played a game at corner, so I always loved watching Woodson.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 04:28 PM)J24 Wrote: Woodson was a Nickel in back half of his career in Greenbay. 

Good call, I didn't remember that. I only remembered him on boundary and safety. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 11:15 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: There’s several things Dax Hill’s selection made so much sense. First and foremost he’s the immediate backup for Bates,Bell,and Hilton. His athleticism and versatility are off the charts. He’ll play plenty. Spelling guys or in the often used 3 safety package. He also provides us leverage with Bell and Bates. Who wants our other safety spot in 2023?

One thing not touched on much is this team is slowly becoming the best tackling team in the entire NFL.

Right

I really like the pick and I'd venture to say he'll see the field a good bit this season. Everything about him screams he'll be a good one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

The ONLY thing similar about Dax and Tyrann is they both play football. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 07:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

I really like the pick and I'd venture to say he'll see the field a good bit this season. Everything about him screams he'll be a good one.

Yep.

Like I keep saying, I'm excited about this pick and about our defense overall because I think we'll have a lot of good playmakers that can create turnovers and just make it difficult for the offenses to move the ball.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 08:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The ONLY thing similar about Dax and Tyrann is they both play football. 

What makes you say this? Both are hybrid safety/nickel DBs. Dax has a better athletic profile than Mathieu did but from what I’ve seen the skill sets are similar.

I’ll trust you on this, you’ve been significantly more involved than the draft process than I was this year and I know you liked Dax. I had no idea he was from Tulsa. I live right down the road from his old high school. Somehow had never heard of him.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 08:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What makes you say this? Both are hybrid safety/nickel DBs. Dax has a better athletic profile than Mathieu did but from what I’ve seen the skill sets are similar.

I’ll trust you on this, you’ve been significantly more involved than the draft process than I was this year and I know you liked Dax. I had no idea he was from Tulsa. I live right down the road from his old high school. Somehow had never heard of him.
Dax is long, athletic, and smooth, Tyrann is short, nonathletic,  and twitchy. They have 2 completely different skill sets.  

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 08:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dax is long, athletic, and smooth, Tyrann is short, nonathletic,  and twitchy. They have 2 completely different skill sets.  

I knew their athletic profiles were different, but their versatility, which is what I’m considering skill set, is what brought me to the comparison. Like I said, I’ll trust your take, I’m sure you’re more educated on him. It still sounds like the Jevon Holland comp is adequate enough.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 05:19 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Good call, I didn't remember that. I only remembered him on boundary and safety. 

All good
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I’ve definitely seen the Honey Badger comps popping up. Mostly just in how Dax will likely be used in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 08:27 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I knew their athletic profiles were different, but their versatility, which is what I’m considering skill set, is what brought me to the comparison. Like I said, I’ll trust your take, I’m sure you’re more educated on him. It still sounds like the Jevon Holland comp is adequate enough.

Even though Nicomo has said he's seen recent comps to TM (no links). There's many othe comps that are more apt. I'd think Minkah Kirkpatrick is a closer comp. 

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 09:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Even though Nicomo has said he's seen recent comps to TM (no links). There's many othe comps that are more apt. I'd think Minkah Kirkpatrick is a closer comp. 

Intentionally comparing him to a blend between Dre and Minkah? Or typo?

Reply/Quote
Anyway, didn’t think I needed to provide links for stuff I’ve just casually heard different draftniks say (or tweet), but I think the comparison mostly comes down to the “ultimate chess piece” type player that TM was for the Chiefs (especially in 2019), and that many see Lou using Dax in a similar way.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 02:20 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's crazy how underrated Leon Hall is/was. 

Yeah Leon was one of my favorite players while he was here. I wonder what he's up to now?  But yeah if Dax lives up to the level of play of Hall then he will be a very good pick at 31. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 09:58 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah Leon was one of my favorite players while he was here. I wonder what he's up to now?  But yeah if Dax lives up to the level of play of Hall then he will be a very good pick at 31. 

One would think that Dax would take #29 as homage to his fellow Wolverine, but he took 23. Meanwhile CTB took 29

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 11:02 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Does anyone else see these thread titles scrolling on the main page and know who posted the thread before you even enter jungle noise? It’s a fun game, I got this one right

Probably means I spend too much time on this board lol

BFritz is one of the easier posters to guess though.
Reply/Quote