Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rookie Minicamp
Love the signing of Eric Dungey, the kid flat out could play in college, best case he's our Practice Squad QB but the kid is high character and can def run a scout team to help our defense.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Apparently, D'Ante Smith is now up to 311 pounds. If he can maintain that weight over the summer, I would think he's a lock to stay on the 53. He's a gifted natural talent with a ton of potential, who just needs solid coaching. 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 12:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Apparently, D'Ante Smith is now up to 311 pounds. If he can maintain that weight over the summer, I would think he's a lock to stay on the 53. He's a gifted natural talent with a ton of potential, who just needs solid coaching. 

Smith could very well take over for Reiff next year if he has sand in his pants.  Can't teach long arms.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 12:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Apparently, D'Ante Smith is now up to 311 pounds. If he can maintain that weight over the summer, I would think he's a lock to stay on the 53. He's a gifted natural talent with a ton of potential, who just needs solid coaching. 

All 3 of the Offensive Linemen were affected by the Covid19 Quarantine. Jackson Carman and Trey Hill gained bad weight (I know quite a few people that packed on some extra pounds during the Quarantine lol) and D'Ante Smith lost weight and muscle. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 12:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Smith could very well take over for Reiff next year if he has sand in his pants.  Can't teach long arms.  

6'5 with 35.5 inch arms is alot more rare. Most guys with longer arms are 6'6 or taller but D'Ante Smith has that perfect blend of height and length.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 12:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Smith could very well take over for Reiff next year if he has sand in his pants.  Can't teach long arms.  

Yeah, and when you look at the natural strength, quickness and agility that he already possesses - which should all get even better in time - it's hard not to get excited about his potential.

The same goes for Carman and the things he already brings to the table, that should translate very well to RG - the violent punch / quick hands, the ability to move / overpower people, the quickness in getting to the next level, the aggressiveness with how he finishes blocks. I think he has all the makings of a high caliber interior lineman.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 12:50 PM)Synric Wrote: All 3 of the Offensive Linemen were affected by the Covid19 Quarantine. Jackson Carman and Trey Hill gained bad weight (I know quite a few people that packed on some extra pounds during the Quarantine lol) and D'Ante Smith lost weight and muscle. 

Man, Trey Hill also has that natural 'thickness' going on with his lower body. He got some junk in the trunk. LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 01:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, Trey Hill also has that natural 'thickness' going on with his lower body. He got some junk in the trunk. LOL

Trey Hill might end up being a draft steal. After the 2019 season he was looking like a 3rd round pick but he had a rough 2020 coming in heavy then knee issues in the middle of the year. His draft stock really dropped like a rock. 

He is experienced and battle tested against high quality interior defenders in the SEC. If Trey Hopkins isn't ready to go week 1 it could be a battle between Hill and Price and I wouldnt bet against Trey Hill.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 02:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Trey Hill might end up being a draft steal. After the 2019 season he was looking like a 3rd round pick but he had a rough 2020 coming in heavy then knee issues in the middle of the year. His draft stock really dropped like a rock. 

He is experienced and battle tested against high quality interior defenders in the SEC. If Trey Hopkins isn't ready to go week 1 it could be a battle between Hill and Price and I wouldnt bet against Trey Hill.

Yeah, I was reading an article on him the other day that was talking about how high his football IQ was and how confident and comfortable he is with handling the line calls. Always like hearing that about a C prospect.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 09:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I gotta say, watching Chase, the first thing I noticed is that he's really quick off the line, and it looks effortless for him.

Smooth.
Reply/Quote

(05-16-2021, 12:53 PM)Synric Wrote: 6'5 with 35.5 inch arms is alot more rare. Most guys with longer arms are 6'6 or taller but D'Ante Smith has that perfect blend of height and length.

Love hearing this stuff, love D'Ante's upside.

(05-16-2021, 01:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, Trey Hill also has that natural 'thickness' going on with his lower body. He got some junk in the trunk. LOL

(05-16-2021, 02:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Trey Hill might end up being a draft steal. After the 2019 season he was looking like a 3rd round pick but he had a rough 2020 coming in heavy then knee issues in the middle of the year. His draft stock really dropped like a rock. 

(05-16-2021, 02:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I was reading an article on him the other day that was talking about how high his football IQ was and how confident and comfortable he is with handling the line calls. Always like hearing that about a C prospect.

I think Trey Hill wins the job if it is between him and Price come the opener and I think Price will be better this year under 
Pollack too. That is how much I like Trey Hill. Like you guys said, he has one hell of an anchor and he is battle tested playing
at Georgia against the big uglies of the SEC.
Reply/Quote
Dont really care about much going on in rookie camp besides the progress of the linemen we drafted
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 05:13 PM)Housh Wrote: Dont really care about much going on in rookie camp besides the progress of the linemen we drafted

Well, 7/10 draftees are lineman, so that is most of them!
Reply/Quote

If he's already got his weight up, then he can focus on following Pollack's teachings which would make him active on game days. That would go a long way in showing that he can be a starter.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 09:54 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Thanks for posting. That RB we drafted looks pretty good/fast. Chase looks great. 

Love how Evans rocks the "Kid N' Play" hairstyle. 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2021, 03:56 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Can anyone explain the DL drill where they push the bag but fall flat on their stomachs? I don’t understand why they wouldn’t drive with their legs.

It teaches you to "roll" or bring your hips with you when you engage; so you are bringing more power with your punch instead of just your upper body.  This is a typical drill you see a lot at the beginning of the year, next step is to do the same thing with your feet under you. We did this a lot in HS and College starting on your knees.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:14 PM)pally Wrote: Hs first Bengal reception

Bless his heart, he didn't pull a muscle like AJ.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 08:33 AM)IIIFoster Wrote: It teaches you to "roll" or bring your hips with you when you engage; so you are bringing more power with your punch instead of just your upper body.  This is a typical drill you see a lot at the beginning of the year, next step is to do the same thing with your feet under you. We did this a lot in HS and College starting on your knees.

Thanks for this, seems some were quick judging Shelvin for doing the drill he was told to do.

Also, Welcome to the boards! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 09:32 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Bless his heart, he didn't pull a muscle like AJ.  Ninja

think AJ did okay his rookie camp lol

but what does chase have for the talent show?
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:21 PM)rupe Wrote: O'Grady looks like a fantastic sleeper TE find, but reading up on him he's a headcase.  Kelce was known as a troublemaker at UC so it's worth a shot.

He's very talented and would have been drafted in 2020 but got into it with two different coaching staffs at Arkansas. Missed practices/meetings, mouthed off to coaches, got a DWI and eventually quit the team toward the end of the season. If he can clean up his attitude then he probably could stick on a roster somewhere. Runs really hard and refuses to go down lol

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote