Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie Quarterbacks
All four of the 2021 rookie quarterbacks look like rookies.

Crazy that Burrow and Herbert looked like they belonged from the jump last year. Neither looked like rookies.

Burrow is still testing his knee and will only get better each week.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 11:55 AM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: All four of the 2021 rookie quarterbacks look like rookies.

Crazy that Burrow and Herbert looked like they belonged from the jump last year.  Neither looked like rookies.

Burrow is still testing his knee and will only get better each week.

Lawrence, Wilson, and Jones look like rookies.  Fields doesn't even look like he deserves a roster spot in the NFL.  Kid looks like trash.  Been awhile since we've seen a total bust QB taken in the Top 5, but Fields looks the part.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: Lawrence, Wilson, and Jones look like rookies.  Fields doesn't even look like he deserves a roster spot in the NFL.  Kid looks like trash.  Been awhile since we've seen a total bust QB taken in the Top 5, but Fields looks the part.

Fields has the physical tools.  Way too early to write him off.  The Bears knew this would be a "redshirt" year for Fields.  That is why they kept both Dalton and Nick Foles.  Nagy has said all along that if Dalton is healthy he is the starter.  It might be time for Foles until Andy can return.
Reply/Quote
These guys are at a huge disadvantage because they have nothing around them. Look at Burrow and Hebert last year. They had some pretty good WRs and RBs to play with. And from what I have seen, the Bears and the Jets have offensive lines that are at least as bad if not worse than the one Burrow had to play behind.

Too early to say Fields is a bust but he still has a long ways to go. I think Lawrence will be good and the Jets are going to ruin Wilson before he even gets a chance to prove himself with a decent supporting cast.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: Lawrence, Wilson, and Jones look like rookies.  Fields doesn't even look like he deserves a roster spot in the NFL.  Kid looks like trash.  Been awhile since we've seen a total bust QB taken in the Top 5, but Fields looks the part.

Fields wasn’t top 5. Bears traded up to get him at 11.

As far as a recent top 5 QB busts go Sam Darnold was certainly looking like one in NY. But Joe Brady and Matt Rhule seemed to have straightened him out. I wouldn’t call Trubisky a total bust, but he was an awful pick. Especially considering Chicago traded up for him, and what other QB’s were on the board.

Then you have guys like Jamies Winston, Marcus Mariota, and Blake Bortles. I guess it depends on your definition of “bust” but all these guys are pretty close in my book. If a team doesn’t even give a top 5 QB a second contract that’s pretty bad.

Reply/Quote
How has Lawrence looked? Any reason to think he could overcome our elite defense?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sam Darnold is looking good since being traded away from the Jets... I think Wilson is screwed
Reply/Quote
Rookies 1-10 so far this year and not looking good at all.

And that is with the luxury of a pre-season which Joe and Herbert didn’t get last year. Whilst the results weren’t there last year it makes the performances those two put in last season even more impressive.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:42 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: These guys are at a huge disadvantage because they have nothing around them. Look at Burrow and Hebert last year. They had some pretty good WRs and RBs to play with. And from what I have seen, the Bears and the Jets have offensive lines that are at least as bad if not worse than the one Burrow had to play behind.

Too early to say Fields is a bust but he still has a long ways to go. I think Lawrence will be good and the Jets are going to ruin Wilson before he even gets a chance to prove himself with a decent supporting cast.

Not entirely true. Lawrence has some decent weapons in JAX; Marvin Jones, DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault, and a really good RB in James Robinson.

Fields at least has Allen Robinson and David Montgomery.

The Jets? Yeah, the Jets are brutal.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How has Lawrence looked? Any reason to think he could overcome our elite defense?

Not bad, he goes for some big plays. If they hit those, we could be in trouble. My eye is on Apple, we honestly could've lost again yesterday had Ben landed that throw to Washington down the sideline after he torched Apple.
Reply/Quote
Fields looks like Akili Smith 2.0. They're gonna rush Andy back in there if they lose a couple of more the way they did yesterday.
Reply/Quote
To be fair, Burrow led a 2-7-1 squad before his injury last year. Hardly anything to write home about.

Far too soon to write any of these rookies off. Some of them walked into some really bad situations.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 01:00 PM)Big Boss Wrote: To be fair, Burrow led a 2-7-1 squad before his injury last year.  Hardly anything to write home about.

Far too soon to write any of these rookies off.  Some of them walked into some really bad situations.

The fact that they were close in any games he played in was almost entirely because of Burrow.  The defense last year was awful.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:57 PM)thillan Wrote: Not bad, he goes for some big plays. If they hit those, we could be in trouble. My eye is on Apple, we honestly could've lost again yesterday had Ben landed that throw to Washington down the sideline after he torched Apple.

Not bad? He has 7 INT’s through 3 games, is only completing 54% of his passes, and has a 60.3 rating. He’s been terrible. Our defense should give him fits. Especially if PBS is rocking Thursday night.

As for the bold you realize we won by 2 TD’s right?

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:49 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Sam Darnold is looking good since being traded away from the Jets... I think Wilson is screwed

Darnold would be the second QB to get away from Adam Gase and careers starts looking up.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 01:00 PM)Big Boss Wrote: To be fair, Burrow led a 2-7-1 squad before his injury last year. Hardly anything to write home about.

Far too soon to write any of these rookies off. Some of them walked into some really bad situations.

I mean sure, if all you look at is the W/L record. Herbert took forever to start winning some games last year, too. But him and Burrow were both balling out in a lot of their losses. Unlike this years crop of rookies.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 01:00 PM)Big Boss Wrote: To be fair, Burrow led a 2-7-1 squad before his injury last year.  Hardly anything to write home about.

Far too soon to write any of these rookies off.  Some of them walked into some really bad situations.

Sure, but he never looked LOST.   The Bengals were putting up some points, and he wasn't throwing terrible picks all over the yard like these new first round rookies.

And that was behind as bad a line worse than the Bears, Jets, and Jags have.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 01:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not bad? He has 7 INT’s through 3 games, is only completing 54% of his passes, and has a 60.3 rating. He’s been terrible. Our defense should give him fits. Especially if PBS is rocking Thursday night.

As for the bold you realize we won by 2 TD’s right?

Yes I know the stats. He has a bad team as well, and of course makes poor choices. Mainly saying the weapons he has can beat guys like Apple.

Yes I know we won by 2 TDs. If he connects with Washington, that brings it to a one score game with still a LOT of time left. 

I know people LOVE to go off stats for everything, but they don't always tell the whole story. There was also the missed throw by Ben to Claypool in the end zone where Claypool got wide open, and Ben threw it behind because he thought he was running a different route. 

Of course, you can do these storylines for every game. Just making my observations.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 01:14 PM)thillan Wrote: Yes I know the stats. He has a bad team as well, and of course makes poor choices. Mainly saying the weapons he has can beat guys like Apple.

Yes I know we won by 2 TDs. If he connects with Washington, that brings it to a one score game with still a LOT of time left. 

I know people LOVE to go off stats for everything, but they don't always tell the whole story. There was also the missed throw by Ben to Claypool in the end zone where Claypool got wide open, and Ben threw it behind because he thought he was running a different route. 

Of course, you can do these storylines for every game. Just making my observations.

"woulda shoulda coulda"...thats football......AND AT END OF DAY ITS SCOREBOARD! 
We have had hundreds of those situations over the yrs as why we lost....its nice to see the other teams doing it now  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:49 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Sam Darnold is looking good since being traded away from the Jets.

I heard different QB "experts" claim that Darnold had top talent while he was with the Jets.  I did not watch him enough to know.  But I was not surprised to see him flourish after his.  .  .  

[Image: escapefromnewyork.jpg?fit=620%2C953]
Reply/Quote