Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rookies eat
Gold Star time for the rookies. Wink

https://www.bengals.com/video/gold-star-chili?utm_campaign=Bengals+Cincy+Chili+Tasting
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well they have way better taste than Burrow.. WTF ive been to athens, they have #$%^ for food..lol
Reply/Quote
Skyline.

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 10:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Skyline.

Isn't it the same?  *ducks*
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 10:14 PM)Stewy Wrote: Isn't it the same?  *ducks*

LOL. Well, It's Chili on noodles or hot dogs or both or triple or double or single or, ummm,,, Whatever. It's heartburn food. However, it's a Cincinnati staple, so, the rookies gotta eat!  Cool

Reply/Quote
geez can rounds 5-7 get some chili too?
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 10:50 PM)bonesaw Wrote: geez can rounds 5-7 get some chili too?

They have to eat Skyline..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

[Image: ban-h-im.gif]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Good lord it's easy to forget how BIG the OL are until you seem them next to relatively normal sized people like DBs with no pads on. Volson is built like a brick you-know-what house.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 08:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well they have way better taste than Burrow.. WTF ive been to athens, they have #$%^ for food..lol

As someone who grew up in the Cincy area….O’Betty’s in Athens blows Skyline, Goldstar, and all the rest out of the water. Best hot dogs in the state, bar none. For a little town there’s actually decent food in Athens.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Style is similar, but taste is different.  There is supposed to be another place on the west side that some people think is better than both.  Regardless, I am with Truck.  My sister was thrilled when a Skyline made it to Tampa.  
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 09:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Style is similar, but taste is different.  There is supposed to be another place on the west side that some people think is better than both.  Regardless, I am with Truck.  My sister was thrilled when a Skyline made it to Tampa.  

Ok Ok.

The *ducks* was a symbol of my knowledge that what I said was controversial.  Thank you all for jumping in and making it amusing.  I think I've only ever had Skyline myself.  Love those little nasty hotdogs piled high with fine shredded cheddar.    mmmm mmmmmm

I wonder if we'll ever get one of these places in Texas
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 10:45 AM)Stewy Wrote: Ok Ok.

The *ducks* was a symbol of my knowledge that what I said was controversial.  Thank you all for jumping in and making it amusing.  I think I've only ever had Skyline myself.  Love those little nasty hotdogs piled high with fine shredded cheddar.    mmmm mmmmmm

I wonder if we'll ever get one of these places in Texas

I would be surprised if there wasn't already.  There are lots of Ohioans that have moved to Texas.  Then the "natives" try it and realize it is damn good.  I had it yesterday. 

Probably the healthiest "fast" food you can get and with all the protein from the chili and cheese, keeps you full for hours.  

There are so many different seasonings in the Skyline Chili that I joke that it seems to have a healing power.  Not kidding.  If you are fighting a head cold, go eat a 3 way with some hot sauce and somehow you always feel better.  
Reply/Quote
I honestly couldn't tell you the difference in taste, didn't like either one. Not good for your body
Reply/Quote
Poor guys. Gold Star AND they twirled their forks? Someone set them up for failure. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_chili

Big reason why people from outside of the area don't like it or joke about it is because they associate it to chili con carne, or the more traditional chili that we make and serve with chunkiness to it.
However, Cincinnati chili was always intended to be more like a topping, not like a stew.
The actual creators of Cincinnati chili were Greek immigrants.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 11:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Poor guys. Gold Star AND they twirled their forks? Someone set them up for failure. Lol

The cut-and-scoop is superior...if you can pull it off  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 09:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Style is similar, but taste is different.  There is supposed to be another place on the west side that some people think is better than both.  Regardless, I am with Truck.  My sister was thrilled when a Skyline made it to Tampa.  

Price Hill Chili.

I’m a lifelong westsider, and I don’t think anyone over here really claims it’s better than Skyline tbh. It’s good - but Skyline is the standard. If any of the non-chains give it a run for it’s money it’s probably Camp Washington Chili, imo.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 10:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would be surprised if there wasn't already.  There are lots of Ohioans that have moved to Texas.  Then the "natives" try it and realize it is damn good.  I had it yesterday. 

Probably the healthiest "fast" food you can get and with all the protein from the chili and cheese, keeps you full for hours.  

There are so many different seasonings in the Skyline Chili that I joke that it seems to have a healing power.  Not kidding.  If you are fighting a head cold, go eat a 3 way with some hot sauce and somehow you always feel better.  

Just looked it up.  
- Skyline is OH, IND, KY, FLA
- Gold Star is OH, IND, KY

Trust me, we have no shortage of good food, especially in Houston; and calling Skyline chili might get you kicked out of the state.  I wouldn't expect a move here any time soon.  :)  I have seen Skyline and bought it in the grocery store, but it isn't nearly the same as having it fresh.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 12:41 PM)Stewy Wrote: Just looked it up.  
- Skyline is OH, IND, KY, FLA
- Gold Star is OH, IND, KY

Trust me, we have no shortage of good food, especially in Houston; and calling Skyline chili might get you kicked out of the state.  I wouldn't expect a move here any time soon.  :)  I have seen Skyline and bought it in the grocery store, but it isn't nearly the same as having it fresh.

My advice to out-of-towners is to use the canned or frozen stuff solely for Skyline dip. Coneys and Ways need to be fresh, but the dip is fantastic with the canned stuff.

Reply/Quote