Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookies report today
Finally, we should start getting some real news as rookies and overachievers report to camp today. The Vets report on the 25th

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2023, 09:32 AM)pally Wrote: Finally, we should start getting some real news as rookies and overachievers report to camp today. The Vets report on the 25th

I’m hoping we win games earlier than we have the last few years allowing rookies and all our younger players more playing time. Hoping Battle and D J Turner don’t sit like Dax did last year. Same thing for Jones and Isovias at WR. Not worried about Murphy. And of course Brown.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2023, 10:32 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m hoping we win games earlier than we have the last few years allowing rookies and all our younger players more playing time. Hoping Battle and D J Turner don’t sit like Dax did last year. Same thing for Jones and Isovias at WR. Not worried about Murphy. And of course Brown.

Dax sat because he had a tremendous backfield in front of him. He'll get his shot this year. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2023, 07:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dax sat because he had a tremendous backfield in front of him. He'll get his shot this year. 

I’m not an insider, but I assumed the plan was for him to sit and learn behind the franchise tagged Jessie Bates.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
My dude
[Image: 362310856_830909261730933_39273153890397...e=64C2A791]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2023, 11:42 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’m not an insider, but I assumed the plan was for him to sit and learn behind the franchise tagged Jessie Bates.

Right, that's what I said, the rookies had a tremendous backfield in front of them. Bates was in front of Dax. CTB wouldn't not have played either if Awuzie hadn't gotten hurt. When your high round draftees are sitting because of who is in front of them, that is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2023, 02:09 PM)pally Wrote:

Rocking the new QB specific helmet this year.....
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, that's what I said, the rookies had a tremendous backfield in front of them. Bates was in front of Dax. CTB wouldn't not have played either if Awuzie hadn't gotten hurt. When your high round draftees are sitting because of who is in front of them, that is a good thing.

I agree.  I think I quoted the wrong person.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2023, 10:32 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m hoping we win games earlier than we have the last few years allowing rookies and all our younger players more playing time. Hoping Battle and D J Turner don’t sit like Dax did last year. Same thing for Jones and Isovias at WR. Not worried about Murphy. And of course Brown.

I'm good with the team gaining momentum as the season rolls on, and then peaking at the end of the season.  It's a pleasant change after the days of Marvin, where the team would come charging out of the gate, only to fall off of the proverbial cliff later in the season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 12:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm good with the team gaining momentum as the season rolls on, and then peaking at the end of the season.  It's a pleasant change after the days of Marvin, where the team would come charging out of the gate, only to fall off of the proverbial cliff later in the season.

Just don't go 0-2 early like last year is all I ask. But yes, you want to be playing your best by the time the Playoffs roll around.

Which is something Zac's teams have done the last couple of years that Marv's never could.

To the OP, I am excited about Chase Brown, Myles Murphy and Chuck Sizzle as rookies. I think all should contribute immediately.

Chuck on Punt Returns specifically. Oh yeah the new Punter Robbins could also be an upgrade with his hang time.
Reply/Quote

The less we see of the rookies, the better the team will be.  But, I am hoping for somebody to jump out and win a starting spot.  I don't think it's likely, but one can hope.

I do think we will see immediate impact on sub packages from the following guys (in order of their draft):

Murphy - he should be an immediate situational rusher.  Hopefully adding some speed to the outside
Turner - should show up big on dime packages

And the guy that I think makes the most impact - Charlie Jones.  Immediate first down maker on 4 WR passing sets.  The guy just gets the game.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The less we see of the rookies, the better the team will be.  But, I am hoping for somebody to jump out and win a starting spot.  I don't think it's likely, but one can hope.

I do think we will see immediate impact on sub packages from the following guys (in order of their draft):

Murphy - he should be an immediate situational rusher.  Hopefully adding some speed to the outside
Turner - should show up big on dime packages

And the guy that I think makes the most impact - Charlie Jones.  Immediate first down maker on 4 WR passing sets.  The guy just gets the game.

One could say from what we saw of Mixon with his poor pass protection and vision last year that the team would be better 
with a RB that is good in pass protection and has good vision. I don't care if he is a rookie or not, Chase Brown could be this
guy for us.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One could say from what we saw of Mixon with his poor pass protection and vision last year that the team would be better 
with a RB that is good in pass protection and has good vision. I don't care if he is a rookie or not, Chase Brown could be this
guy for us.

He very well could be.  I just think the line is long at RB with guys that they trust.  Hopefully he comes in and makes his way up the depth chart.

For some reason I think he gets the "Corey Dillon" treatment.  He won't see the field until they can trust him.
Reply/Quote
Congrats, everyone!
We made it through the yearly lull period!
And thank you Reds for keeping us entertained in June and July!
Hopefully we get to cheer on the Reds into the postseason and double-dip this Fall with both Reds and Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
WTF:
[Image: enm3fglumywdttdc7ss0.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTF:

Reactive armor.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 07:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Reactive armor.
Calvin Tyler Jr, has some serious drumsticks!!
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 07:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Reactive armor.

It looks like the unreleased short: "Moe,  Larry, and Curly go to Training Camp"

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTF:

They're just rehearsing for when the NFL goes full onto two-hand touch.  See, two hands are touching him, therefore his is "down".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote