Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room for 1 more?
After the T Brown signing, what cap room are we left with and will we attempt to bring in a vet CB?
Reply/Quote
Idk why more ppl aren’t on this train but i think we need a better guard too. Volson is a backup and i will stick to that story until he proves me wrong

Hope one with talent falls because im very certain the 1st three picks are tackle, defensive tackle and TE

Next 2 rounds could easily be corner and i feel like guard is the next need. I don’t just wanna have an average o line. I wanna have a top 5 line. Burrow passes so well if he had time i truly don’t see how we don’t win the Superbowl
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Eli Apple is available.
Reply/Quote
Bengals had $29 mill before signing Brown.
I don't know what Brown has signed for, but I can't imagine it's even $15 mill, maybe not even $10 mill.
There should still be enough there to sign a mid-tier veteran or two while still leaving plenty for the draft and even putting some toward extensions.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 03:39 PM)Housh Wrote: Idk why more ppl aren’t on this train but i think we need a better guard too. Volson is a backup and i will stick to that story until he proves me wrong

Hope one with talent falls because im very certain the 1st three picks are tackle, defensive tackle and TE

Next 2 rounds could easily be corner and i feel like guard is the next need. I don’t just wanna have an average o line. I wanna have a top 5 line. Burrow passes so well if he had time i truly don’t see how we don’t win the Superbowl

I don't think anyone on this board would argue that Volson isn't a good starting option and could be upgraded.
I think anyone countering him getting replaced is just going to say he's been given the spot the past two years and Pollack seems to like him so the chances are slim to none.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 03:34 PM)kalibengal Wrote: After the T Brown signing, what cap room are we left with and will we attempt to bring in a vet CB?

Chido went to the Titans on a 3 year $36 million deal, so he should count as a net loss of Corner talent 

so far in Free Agency.
Reply/Quote
I think they draft a bunch of OL guys.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I do think they need a bit more athletacism on the interior
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 03:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals had $29 mill before signing Brown.
I don't know what Brown has signed for, but I can't imagine it's even $15 mill, maybe not even $10 mill.
There should still be enough there to sign a mid-tier veteran or two while still leaving plenty for the draft and even putting some toward extensions.

Tyron Smith's one year deal with the Jets was for only $6.5M. Using that deal as a barometer, I would think less than $10M but likely more than $5M.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Rock Ya Sin at Corner would be who I would add, he is 28 so not too old and he is good Corner.

Not against Eli Apple coming back either. Stephon Gilmore is old but he played pretty great last year, so he might be spendy.

Still would like a NT to help stop the run. Also would like to add a G/C I just don't know who is out there right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 04:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Rock Ya Sin at Corner would be who I would add, he is 28 so not too old and he is good Corner.

Not against Eli Apple coming back either. Stephon Gilmore is old but he played pretty great last year, so he might be spendy.

Still like Poona Ford who can play NT and help us stop the run. Also would like to add a G/C I just don't know who is out there right now.

Ford signed with the Chargers.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ford signed with the Chargers.

Ahh, dang, thanks Sunset. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 03:44 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Eli Apple is available.
If another FA is signed, I feel this is the most likely, and I don't have a problem with it.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
There are multiple serviceable CBs still available.

Stephon Gilmore is the oldest and had the best season last year.
Steven Nelson is 31 but also had another good year last season.

These guys are very average but can be CB4:
Rock Ya Sin (27)
Myles Bryant (26)
Akhello Witherspoon (28)

Tre Herndon (28) - had a good season last year, was very bad before then.

These are bad:
Adoree Jackson (28)
Kristian Fulton (25)

Apple had some good games last season but also 5 that were pathetically bad. I think we got the best of him.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 03:39 PM)Housh Wrote: Idk why more ppl aren’t on this train but i think we need a better guard too. Volson is a backup and i will stick to that story until he proves me wrong

I agree with your take on Volson but honestly the bangles don’t they like Volson I blame Pollick but obviously he is the weak link on the line now and it’s by far however Cincinnati is not going to address it in free agency I definitely see them bringing someone fifth sixth round to compete against Volson but they’re they won’t bring in a free agent to take his spot they need to go sign a high end or higher caliber if you will free agent vet corner give me Howard and let’s freaking go
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 04:10 PM)depthchart Wrote: Chido went to the Titans on a 3 year $36 million deal, so he should count as a net loss of Corner talent 

so far in Free Agency.

Unless we bring in Gilmore Howard Rock ya sun I agree with u 1000000%
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ford signed with the Chargers.

Love rock ya too and leaning that way more n more cuz of overall value
Reply/Quote
Dalton Risner often goes where Rascati goes and can play guard and center pretty well. With Rascati on our coaching staff, I'm not sure why Risner isn't a Bengal yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 05:46 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Dalton Risner often goes where Rascati goes and can play guard and center pretty well. With Rascati on our coaching staff, I'm not sure why Risner isn't a Bengal yet.

Risner is a FA?

Would definitely like to add Risner.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 05:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There are multiple serviceable CBs still available.

Stephon Gilmore is the oldest and had the best season last year.
Steven Nelson is 31 but also had another good year last season.

These guys are very average but can be CB4:
Rock Ya Sin (27)
Myles Bryant (26)
Akhello Witherspoon (28)

Tre Herndon (28) - had a good season last year, was very bad before then.

These are bad:
Adoree Jackson (28)
Kristian Fulton (25)

Apple had some good games last season but also 5 that were pathetically bad.  I think we got the best of him.

Agree the Bengals probably did get Apple's best years even though he is just 28 and I would rather not bring him back. Yet will let Lou make that call

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote