Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rooney doubts Burfict-free game was extra punishment for Bengals
Read the last 2 sentences for a good laugh. Florio is a twat. LOL

Quote:Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict absorbed a three-game suspension for an illegal hit that concussed Steelers receiver Antonio Brown, knocking him out of a divisional round game against the Broncos. As a result of the suspension, Burfict will miss the next chapter in the Bengals-Steelers rivalry.

So was the scheduling of a Bengals-Steelers game in Week Two, during Burfict’s absence, intended to reflect extra punishment for the Bengals?

“I doubt that,” Steelers owner Art Rooney said in quotes published on the team-owned website. “I’m sure the league wanted a game that would be an interesting game for us to open our season at home, and that certainly fits the bill in terms of renewing the rivalry with the Bengals early in the season.”

It would have been much more interesting if it had come two weeks later, in lieu of the Sunday night game the Steelers will be hosting against the Chiefs.

With Burfict due to miss three games, why shouldn’t one of those missed games happen against the team that saw its Super Bowl hopes dashed by not having Brown in a playoff game against the Broncos? Given that Denver couldn’t cover Brown when the teams played in Pittsburgh on December 20, it’s not a stretch to say the Steelers would have won with Brown.

So if anyone deserves to catch the Bengals when they don’t have Burfict, it’s the Steelers. If anything, both Bengals-Steelers games should have been played in the first three weeks of the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/14/rooney-doubts-burfict-free-game-was-extra-punishment-for-bengals/
Reply/Quote
Rooney doesn't think he gets special treatment from the guy who he got a $40m/yr paying job.
Florio gives an opinion that's just really stupid.

I'll file those under "shit that doesn't surprise me". Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If i ever saw Florio in person and was the slightest bit drunk i would more than likely punch that mans nose in.

They couldnt beat us with a backup QB without the refs help. Sick of their BS. They werent super bowl bound.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 01:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If i ever saw Florio in person and was the slightest bit drunk i would more than likely punch that mans nose in.

They couldnt beat us with a backup QB without the refs help. Sick of their BS. They werent super bowl bound.

You'd probably get about 50 articles on his site filled with legal gobbletygook and stupid opinions about your punch.

What does that have to do with football, you ask? What does 2/3rds of his site's articles have to do with football, I reply.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well right there is why i despise the Steelers and anyone biased towards them.

Pathetic, just ****** pathetic Florio.

Shows how much Burfict has gotten in their heads though.

We will sweep the Steelers this year is my prediction.

The Bengals are about to take over this rivalry and start to dominate the Steelers, mark my words.
Reply/Quote
**** Florio & **** Pittsburgh....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 02:05 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: **** Florio & **** Pittsburgh....

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 01:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You'd probably get about 50 articles on his site filled with legal gobbletygook and stupid opinions about your punch.

What does that have to do with football, you ask? What does 2/3rds of his site's articles have to do with football, I reply.

I know that site more for their liberal agendas, hot takes, and Florio's obsession with showing off his Law degree than actual football news.

Plus he can't even hide that he's a Steelers homer. The TMZ of the NFL.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 01:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Rooney doesn't think he gets special treatment from the guy who he got a $40m/yr paying job.
Florio gives an opinion that's just really stupid.

I'll file those under "shit that doesn't surprise me". Lol

Haha I agree. Florio is a douche and the Rooneys are in bed with Goodell and Blandino. This doesn't surprise me one bit, as does lame Steeler fans running their mouth about Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 02:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know that site more for their liberal agendas, hot takes, and Florio's obsession with showing off his Law degree than actual football news.

Plus he can't even hide that he's a Steelers homer. The TMZ of the NFL.

I wish I didn't like the format of the site so much or else I wouldn't go. I like the simplicity of it and that it loads quickly. With my rural farm internet most websites are so busy and have so much crap loading it can be a pain to get to.

Cincinnati.com is the worst that way.
Reply/Quote
We should have been given a different divisional opponent to open the season. Baltimore at Pitt would have been plenty interesting to open their season at Winez field.

I just went back and looked back to 2000. Every year we have played a divisional opponent in the first three games. So my anger has subsided a bit.

If anything the Ravens should be more pissed than us. The Steelers get us early with no Burfict then get the Browns the last game of the season. While 4 of the Ravens last 6 is us twice, Stoolers, and Pats.

Looking at the Steelers schedule we need to win a lot of games. Those first three conference games could be huge for the wild card.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 02:40 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I wish I didn't like the format of the site so much or else I wouldn't go. I like the simplicity of it and that it loads quickly. With my rural farm internet most websites are so busy and have so much crap loading it can be a pain to get to.

Cincinnati.com is the worst that way.

Have you tried nfltraderumors.co? (yes, .co not .com)

Very simple format with plenty of rumors and news with zero personal opinions and BS.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Piss poor opinion/article from Florio.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
That woosh you hear up river is the steelers players and their fans sighing with relief.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 03:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Have you tried nfltraderumors.co? (yes, .co not .com)

Very simple format with plenty of rumors and news with zero personal opinions and BS.

Good find. I'll give it a go.
Reply/Quote
It baffles me that all these so-called pundits can't figure out that without 30 yards in penalty yardage the odds of the Steelers winning that game at all was zilch. They need to make up their minds. Of course I do realize that acknowledging this little bit of reality wouldn't play with the "Burfict is dirty" storyline that they are working to death.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
And I doubt he didn't beg his boy for it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 05:41 PM)pally Wrote: It baffles me that all these so-called pundits can't figure out that without 30 yards in penalty yardage the odds of the Steelers winning that game at all was zilch.  They need to make up their minds.  Of course I do realize that acknowledging this little bit of reality wouldn't play with the "Burfict is dirty" storyline that they are working to death.

Hilarious I know right. These fans hate the very people who "officially" won them the game. No way Jen pules off the comeback with that shoulder..in the rain. I mean did they not even see the pass that sailed over Browns head? 
[Image: steeler_fans.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Yeah, and the Bengals should get to play the Steelers twice this year without two assistant coaches.

Florio is a dip$#*@.
Reply/Quote
I am curious how Florio does his job. Seriously, how the hell can he see what he is typing with all the different steeler players and owners cocks down his throat. Dude has to spend his life on his knees acting like a circus seal.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote