Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Root for Dolphins tonight
(12-27-2021, 04:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That is interesting, glad you shared as i certainly thought it was simple enough to just root against AFC teams vs NFC teams

The Dolphins could tie with a team that they have the tie breaker with and take out. That team may have the tie breaker (head to head) with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I’m not rooting for the Dolphins to win so the Bengals have the cushion to lose. Beat the Chiefs
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, I want us to take care of our bidness as you say Jason and just win out. But I will be rooting for the Phins tonight too.

Nate...one time before i die, just one...i need to see you type this the right way.  Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:51 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Oddly enough our overall playoff chances increase by 5 percent we go down to 68 with Saints win We shoot up to 78 with a Dolphin win literally a 6 team parlay clinches a wild card. Dolphins win tonight 1 Colt win at home to the raiders 2 Dolphins split against Titans and pats 3,4 Ravens lose at home to Rams 5 and Finally Chargers losing to Broncos or Raiders

Easiest way to look at things for me is the Bengals beat KC, they win AFC North.  

The second easiest way is if the Browns lose to pitt (Pig Ben's last home game ought to have some fishy officiating), and Ravens lose to Rams, Bengals win AFC North with win the next week at Cleveland OR a loss by pitt to that Ratbirds.

After that it gets pretty convoluted. 

The best case scenario is that the Bengals beat KC and then Browns are eliminated and put half their team on IR and have their bags packed.  Bengals could get up early and play backups 2nd half.  Chiefs could actually lose at Denver traveling back to an altitude game, costing them the #1 overall seed.  Bengals would also need Titans to lose to either Fins or Texans, both which have suddenly found life. 

Most likely scenario is that the Browns are eliminated by steelers and Bengals clinch AFC North beating them in week 18, but I really think Bengals will beat the Chiefs.  I am so pumped for that game.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Easiest way to look at things for me is the Bengals beat KC, they win AFC North.  

The second easiest way is if the Browns lose to pitt (Pig Ben's last home game ought to have some fishy officiating), and Ravens lose to Rams, Bengals win AFC North with win the next week at Cleveland OR a loss by pitt to that Ratbirds.

The best case scenario is that the Bengals beat KC and then Browns are eliminated and put half their team on IR and have their bags packed.  Bengals could get up early and play backups 2nd half.  Chiefs could actually lose at Denver traveling back to an altitude game, costing them the #1 overall seed.  Bengals would also need Titans to lose to either Fins or Texans, both which have suddenly found life. 

Most likely scenario is that the Browns are eliminated by steelers and Bengals clinch AFC North beating them in week 18, but I really think Bengals will beat the Chiefs.  I am so pumped for that game.  

You got that one right! I think I'm going to put money on that game.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You got that one right! I think I'm going to put money on that game.

Even though they are doing the % busting "travel on a short week", I can't believe the Titans are favored over the Fins.  Titans do best against teams they know, like their division foes.  They don't know Miami and Miami is killing people.  
Reply/Quote
Kelce is back. Wilson and Reader are still out. KC is going to be a rough one.

I am also not looking forward to dealing w Chubb the last game of the year AT Cleveland w the Stains trying to take our spot or play spoiler. They know their season was decimated by injuries and COVID and have a right to play pissed off w something to prove.

I just think they’ve got our number; kind of like we have Baltimore’s
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Easiest way to look at things for me is the Bengals beat KC, they win AFC North.  

I just know if Browns win and Bengals lose we will get moved to final game week 18. I'd like to have a wildcard clinched before we play that game. That would be quite a gut punch to be eliminated by Browns in final game of the regular season. A loss like that under those circumstances could set the franchise back for years just like the Steelers loss did.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes but I dont want to go to cleveland needing that win if browns are still alive with win over pitt. So let's take care of KC at home to lock it up..

Beating KC would be huge, as they very much will still be looking for wins as they vie for that top seed.

Luckily, the Bengals can actually win the division even without winning another game if the following happens:
Week 17 - Steelers beat Browns, Rams beat Ravens
Week 18 - Browns beat Bengals, Ravens beat Steelers

That would put the rankings like this:
Bengals - 9-8
Ravens - 9-8 (lose tiebreaker to Bengals)
Steelers - 8-8-1
Browns - 8-9
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:42 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I just know if Browns win and Bengals lose we will get moved to final game week 18. I'd like to have a wildcard clinched before we play that game. That would be quite a gut punch to be eliminated by Browns in final game of the regular season. A loss like that under those circumstances could set the franchise back for years just like the Steelers loss did.

I don't see it as that franchise-altering, but it would suck that's for sure. 

I think they beat KC and make it all academic.  Browns eliminated, they would IR their players and not put up much of a fight.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:50 AM)Whacked Wrote: Kelce is back. Wilson and Reader are still out. KC is going to be a rough one.

I am also not looking forward to dealing w Chubb the last game of the year AT Cleveland w the Stains trying to take our spot or play spoiler.  They know their season was decimated by injuries and COVID and have a right to play pissed off w something to prove.

I don't know that we have Balitmore's #. I don't think Lamar Jackson is as good as thought and this last game they were barely able to field a defense.
Reply/Quote
The injury list was not updated today - so we have no idea about Reader or Wilson.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Miami win tonight knocks the Ravens out of the #7 spot. 

....and puts the Squealers into the 7 spot
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:20 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: ....and puts the Squealers into the 7 spot

No. The Dolphins are in the 7th spot. Pitt is 11th.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:50 AM)Whacked Wrote: Kelce is back. Wilson and Reader are still out. KC is going to be a rough one.

I am also not looking forward to dealing w Chubb the last game of the year AT Cleveland w the Stains trying to take our spot or play spoiler. They know their season was decimated by injuries and COVID and have a right to play pissed off w something to prove.

It's odd, Burrow roasted them twice in his rookie season and we were on the cusp of winning both games. Our team is massively improved, Cleveland is worse, yet they spanked us last time. Makes no sense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. The Dolphins are in the 7th spot. Pitt is 11th.

Yep.
And here's why the Dolphins have the tiebreaker over the Chargers, Raiders, and Ravens currently:
Quote:Miami wins the tiebreaker over Los Angeles, having a better win percentage in common games and own the tiebreaker over Baltimore based on having a better win percentage in common games. The division tiebreaker eleminates Vegas from jumping Miami
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-2021-playoff-picture-standings-dolphins-rebound-from-1-7-start-to-snatch-no-7-seed-in-afc/

With that said, the Dolphins are going to have a real tough time holding on, as they have the Titans and Patriots remaining.

I think when all is said and done, the following teams make the playoffs:
Chiefs
Titans
Bills
Bengals
Colts
Patriots
Chargers
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep.
And here's why the Dolphins have the tiebreaker over the Chargers, Raiders, and Ravens currently:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-2021-playoff-picture-standings-dolphins-rebound-from-1-7-start-to-snatch-no-7-seed-in-afc/

With that said, the Dolphins are going to have a real tough time holding on, as they have the Titans and Patriots remaining.

I think when all is said and done, the following teams make the playoffs:
Chiefs
Titans
Bills
Bengals
Colts
Patriots
Chargers

That's the most likely scenario. I just don't like that #4 seed. 

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:41 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's the most likely scenario. I just don't like that #4 seed. 

I can't allow myself to get picky about the seed. Just please, please, please give me a playoff game. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:47 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I can't allow myself to get picky about the seed. Just please, please, please give me a playoff game. 

This......100%...There is no "easy road" or "easy team" once you get in. You just gotta hope you play well and hope the ball bounces in your favor. I do like the Jungle rocking for a home playoff game though. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's odd, Burrow roasted them twice in his rookie season and we were on the cusp of winning both games. Our team is massively improved, Cleveland is worse, yet they spanked us last time. Makes no sense.

That was 1 of the few times we got our ass kicked that I felt we were close. We just had a off week Chubb is probably 2nd most talented back in football. Peoples Jones looks like a all pro every time he plays us. Losing Mckinley is quite a blow to their defense he will hurt their run defense and pass defense Clowney generally doesn't play a high volume of snaps.
Reply/Quote