Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Root for the Steelers Monday night, here's why...
In regards to the Bengals resting their starters or playing for better seed and keeping the players hot[fresh].

Root for Pitt to beat Cleveland Monday night which guarantees the Browns a losing record otherwise Cleve's motive next Sunday would be to be 9-8 and above .500, and out of last place. That will be Clev's motivation in front of their home fans. We want no motivation for the Browns. Let them enjoy last place with a losing record.

Meanwhile, we have the motivation. [See bolded text]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nah. Can’t do it. Hope they smash the shit out of each other though.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
i can root for the browns to lose, not for the steelers to win. a few were saying go steelers earlier this year and it came out wrong.. it's a division game and if there's something at stake, a division rival will gladly try and take it away (remember when andy knocked BAL out of the playoffs when we had nothing to play for?)
Reply/Quote
I can understand the problem of rooting for the Steelers.

My two favorite teams in the NFL are ...

1. Bengals.
2. Anyone playing the Steelers.

That said, I want no motivation for the Browns. In fact, I want chaos and dissension for the Brownies on Sunday with their media and fans calling for upheaval for their team. It has already started with OBJ becoming very useful for the Rams as he helped beat the Ravens and he has scored I believe 5 TD's all for the Rams and not the Browns this year.

I want the Brown fans to wear paper bags on their heads and free agents staying away from that franchise.

It started with them losing to the Raiders and Packers, games which they should have won.

Next, it was the Bengals beating the Chiefs. I bet they never expected that. They thought beating the Steelers and Bengals would give them the Division.

While they are down, losing on MNF to the Steelers and falling to 7-9 and in last place gives them no motivation whatsoever to play and beat us on Sunday.

This is NOT about the Steelers, but more about the Browns and lying down like the dawgs they are.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe that game will end in a tie.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 07:41 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Maybe that game will end in a tie.

How many times has a team ever had 2 ties in the same season?

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 07:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How many times has a team ever had 2 ties in the same season?

Shit happens.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
The Steelers can win if they want, sure. Who cares. They’re both irrelevant.

A Pittsburgh win also hurts their chances at landing Kenny Pickett.
Reply/Quote
Whichever team gets a losing record with the loss, I am all for it.

We did get blown out by the stains, so it's appropriate to see them get that losing record. This is a win-win regardless who wins or loses. Glorious!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:18 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Whichever team gets a losing record with the loss, I am all for it.

We did get blown out by the stains, so it's appropriate to see them get that losing record. This is a win-win regardless who wins or loses. Glorious!

This is the correct approach.  Let's just enjoy the losers being losers.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Cleveland is already ELIMINATED from playoffs... I want Shittsburgh to join them.
Therefore, I'm rooting for the Stains, simple as that.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:24 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Cleveland is already ELIMINATED from playoffs... I want Shittsburgh to join them.
Therefore, I'm rooting for the Stains, simple as that.

It'd definitely would suck if any division team makes the playoffs and we get to play them and get eliminated by them, so whoever gets eliminated from the playoffs gets preference to lose. 
Reply/Quote
This situation is positively Shakespearean. To be or not to be a Stain or a Stooler for the night? That is the question.

Continuing with The Bard, this absolutely meaningless nothingburger of a game will be a tale told by idiots, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Something is rotten in the cities of Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Their crappy teams.
Reply/Quote
Can we have the OPs jungle noise posting privileges revoked for one week?

I kid, I kid.

But seriously. Cheering for anything other than a losing season for Big Ben's send off is wack.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:27 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: It'd definitely would suck if any division team makes the playoffs and we get to play them and get eliminated by them, so whoever gets eliminated from the playoffs gets preference to lose. 

Root for Cleveland, then.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:42 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: In regards to the Bengals resting their starters or playing for better seed and keeping the players hot[fresh].

Root for Pitt to beat Cleveland Monday night which guarantees the Browns a losing record otherwise Cleve's motive next Sunday would be to be 9-8 and above .500, and out of last place. That will be Clev's motivation in front of their home fans. We want no motivation for the Browns. Let them enjoy last place with a losing record.

Meanwhile, we have the motivation. [See bolded text]

Nope.
I want 0 chance that the Steelers make the playoffs, so I want them to lose tonight so that they're eliminated.
Browns are already eliminated from playoff contention, so they can go ahead and win.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
**** the shit stains
Reply/Quote
The Browns are already eliminated from the playoffs. I struggle to root for the Steelers because, if a bunch of dominoes fall, they end up in the playoffs. On the one hand, that would mean we have a chance at playing them again which could be a "free win" based on how we played against them this year but on the other hand, I just don't even want to risk them making the post season and getting hot.

So I will be rooting for the Browns.
Reply/Quote