Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Rooting" for Pittsburgh Next Week ???
Dan Marino's last game ever as a QB was a playoff loss to the Jaguars 62-7. I want that kind of humiliation for Ben. Lose to the Chiefs and lose badly. Like the score is 42-3 at halftime, the Chiefs pull their starters and STILL win the game 70-10. I don't care if the Chiefs will be harder to beat, but it'll make our Super Bowl victory that much sweeter knowing we played and beat the best teams in the league in getting there.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 01:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dan Marino's last game ever as a QB was a playoff loss to the Jaguars 62-7. I want that kind of humiliation for Ben. Lose to the Chiefs and lose badly. Like the score is 42-3 at halftime, the Chiefs pull their starters and STILL win the game 70-10. I don't care if the Chiefs will be harder to beat, but it'll make our Super Bowl victory that much sweeter knowing we played and beat the best teams in the league in getting there.

I like your thinking about watching the Steelers get absolutely destroyed and to your point about it being harder to beat the Chiefs, I think it's also fair to point out that winning in the playoffs and taking home a Super Bowl championship is supposed to be hard. It's going to be hard no matter who the Bengals play against so by that thinking, yes let's watch the Chiefs demolish the Steelers. The Bengals will then do what all Super Bowl champions must, win challenging playoff games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’d rather see the Bengals fight again with the Chiefs than see the Steelers win. It’s absolutely absurd they even made it. I see a team with an awful offense and a good defense go as far as they did. Boggles my mind. I give Tomlinson credit working with what he has. But I want to see them embarrassed on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 01:29 PM)GodFather Wrote: I’d rather see the Bengals fight again with the Chiefs than see the Steelers win. It’s absolutely absurd they even made it. I see a team with an awful offense and a good defense go as far as they did. Boggles my mind. I give Tomlinson credit working with what he has. But I want to see them embarrassed on Sunday.

There were a lot of AFC teams hovering around the .500 mark all season. I think the Steelers benefited by what the NFL tries to facilitate from year-to-year, parity and competition. The Dolphins, Chargers, and Colts were 9-8 and the Ravens and Browns were 8-9. That's 5 teams that almost made it in over the Steelers. It was a wild season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lol no
Reply/Quote
Winning the Super Bowl is far more important than whatever the Steelers do. If they beat the Chiefs and Cincinnati took care of business, the Bengals' chances of winning the Super Bowl improve substantially.

So yes, go Steelers. I don't understand why this fanbase lets that irrelevant team get so deep into their heads. They're already swept. They're meaningless. They're old news. The Chiefs are not.

I don't expect Pittsburgh to keep up with Kansas City anyway, but it'd be a welcome upset. Gotta beat the Raiders to make it matter, obviously.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:36 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Im rooting for a single playoff win. Don't give a crap about what else goes on beyond that right now.

Ditto
Reply/Quote